employment history

Old Feb 12th 2008, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

cjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nice
Default employment history

hi,

can anybody tell me what info they put on there application regarding employment history if like me you where a subbie for a number of years and worked for number of contractors. Also some contractors I have worked for are not in business any more (no fault of mine) in particular my first employer who i none my apprenticeship with.

thanks

chris
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: employment history

Originally Posted by cjgoodall
hi,

can anybody tell me what info they put on there application regarding employment history if like me you where a subbie for a number of years and worked for number of contractors. Also some contractors I have worked for are not in business any more (no fault of mine) in particular my first employer who i none my apprenticeship with.

thanks

chris
Hi Chris,

We're getting a Statutory Declaration done. That's basically a legal statement. If you put false information in it, you would be committing purgery. It then needs to be signed by you in front of a solicitor and they will sign it too and it's as good as making a statement to a court.

My OH is in the same position as you. Company went bust and he can't get any references etc. fom them. He is also a subbie on the CIS scheme, so we are going to include bits about how it works and the who he's worked for and the types of jobs he did. Remember that the more information included the better!

If you send your application in before us, would you let us know how it goes?

Kind regards

Janna
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

cjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nice

janna,

are you writing the declaration or the solicitor as I know they dont come cheap?

chris
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cjgoodall
janna,

are you writing the declaration or the solicitor as I know they dont come cheap?

chris
I am writing it myself. I've heard it costs anything from £80 + for a solicitor to do it.

This is the template I used. It's for completely the wrong thing, but I just used the top bits and the signature bit.

Think it costs a fiver for a solicitor to notarise it and £2 per an exhibit that you attach. We're attaching a copy of the Tax vouchers, tax returns, invoices etc. etc. VAT may be added or not dependant on the Solicitor.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
statutory_declaration.pdf (19.0 KB, 139 views)
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 7:47 am
Perth here we come!

lindseymcc is just really nicelindseymcc is just really nicelindseymcc is just really nicelindseymcc is just really nicelindseymcc is just really nicelindseymcc is just really nicelindseymcc is just really nicelindseymcc is just really nice

Hi there. If u can get a Justice of the Peace to sign your statutory dec its free. U can get the list of your local ones from the library
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

nigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nice

i was in the same boat with my apprenticeship..........25 years ago and company no longer trading,luckily i traced 2 of the guys i worked with and got them to sign a doc saying i had worked with them .............tra accepted this ok
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Chris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant future

I have been on he subbi circuit for the last 10 Years, I still wrote to every company i sub contracted for and got most replys. I also Done a stat dec for ones that did'nt reply and my history as an Electrician.
I have attached a proper Australian Stat dec that i used and was passed by the TRA last year, you can change the numbers on it to suit your needs.
I will be using it again soon for my ARTC once i get my Visa.
Good luck Everyone.
The solicitor charged me £5 to sign it.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/attac...1&d=1203784121
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Blank stat Dec..doc (48.0 KB, 153 views)