Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Electricians (self employed) in Brisbane

Electricians (self employed) in Brisbane

Old Feb 16th 2005, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light
Question Electricians (self employed) in Brisbane

Hi we're in the process of getting the ball rolling re. emigration to either Brisbane/Melbourne/Adelaide. At the mo Bribane is top of the list as it seems to be best suited to us as a family.

Is there anyone on here who is an electrican and self employed? Hubby has been self employed here for 10+ years and would like to carry on as self employed if we get over there. What is the demand for electrical work there and the kind of per hour charges?

Thanks for reading
Kari
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

CornishPasty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Electricians (self employed) in Brisbane

There is always work for Electricians here. I am in recruitment and people are always asking me for electricians. It can depend on what the work is and I tend to work in the f/t arena but I have seen people getting 40 an hour. I did a 2 month contract for a lead electrician to coordinate some electrical installations and sub contractors and I got him $50 an hour (we got $58). My g/fs little bro is an electrician he completed his 4 yr apprenticeship 18 months ago, is 22-23 yrs old and is on $21 an hour plus over time and they pick up his travel.

I recently got asked for a f/t electician to work at a timber processing factory and they would pay upto 100k!!! Ok, not our standard guy I am sure but it explains to me why some of the people I talk to say they are going to go back on the tools.

Originally Posted by TheColebecks
Hi we're in the process of getting the ball rolling re. emigration to either Brisbane/Melbourne/Adelaide. At the mo Bribane is top of the list as it seems to be best suited to us as a family.

Is there anyone on here who is an electrican and self employed? Hubby has been self employed here for 10+ years and would like to carry on as self employed if we get over there. What is the demand for electrical work there and the kind of per hour charges?

Thanks for reading
Kari
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Electricians (self employed) in Brisbane

Originally Posted by CornishPasty
There is always work for Electricians here. I am in recruitment and people are always asking me for electricians. It can depend on what the work is and I tend to work in the f/t arena but I have seen people getting 40 an hour. I did a 2 month contract for a lead electrician to coordinate some electrical installations and sub contractors and I got him $50 an hour (we got $58). My g/fs little bro is an electrician he completed his 4 yr apprenticeship 18 months ago, is 22-23 yrs old and is on $21 an hour plus over time and they pick up his travel.

I recently got asked for a f/t electician to work at a timber processing factory and they would pay upto 100k!!! Ok, not our standard guy I am sure but it explains to me why some of the people I talk to say they are going to go back on the tools.

Thanks so much for this. Its given Hubby something positive to think about

Kari