Electricians off the CSL?

Old Mar 17th 2009, 8:54 am
Just Joined

EssexSparks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Electricians off the CSL?

An article well worth reading...depending on which bits you choose, fairly optimistic I think.....

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news...px?storypage=0
Old Mar 17th 2009, 9:20 am
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

If you send a blank e-mail to the aspc they send you back the current processing times for each type of visa.

For anyone who has not lodged their visa application and their occupation has been removed from the CSL it says that Subclass 175 visa with occupation on MODL list - currently not being processed.

:curse:

Louise

Last edited by Dougie; Mar 17th 2009 at 10:15 am.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

Brigall is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rinkerdink
It now looks like state sponsorship is the way to go! I know that Queensland are fast tracking the case officers and also offer housing subsidies to entice electricians, better get in quick cause it all could change! Other states have their oiwn list too of occupations in demand WA and SA definitely need sparkies still so it's not over and out you may just have to compromise on flexibility for the first few years.

I intend to crack on before the goal posts move again.
Up until about 10 weeks ago, in Saturdays West Australian paper, there was at least 70-100 jobs for electricians. Last Saturdays paper advertised only 8 jobs for electricians. Including mine site's!
Old Mar 17th 2009, 7:59 pm
applied August 2008..

Yorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really nice

Depressed and pissed off... Yep that best describes our feelings today..

Just gonna now have to join the 176 bandwagon and hope that when we get so close again they dont put us back YET again.

Sorry guys but my head hurts with all this stress and doubt on top of all the daily crap we have to put up with in this stink hole of a country..

Please Austrailia get me out of the UK.....
Old Mar 17th 2009, 8:08 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkshireclan
Depressed and pissed off... Yep that best describes our feelings today..

Just gonna now have to join the 176 bandwagon and hope that when we get so close again they dont put us back YET again.

Sorry guys but my head hurts with all this stress and doubt on top of all the daily crap we have to put up with in this stink hole of a country..

Please Austrailia get me out of the UK.....
not 100% on his one but i thought that thoose that have a CO and are partly processed would be finalised and that the changes only affected new applications or people without a C.O ??
or am i talkin bollox ?
Old Mar 18th 2009, 6:58 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
not 100% on his one but i thought that thoose that have a CO and are partly processed would be finalised and that the changes only affected new applications or people without a C.O ??
or am i talkin bollox ?
just read the following and i`m wrong it does effect existing applications

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...on/pdf/faq.pdf

q14

sorry if i gave anyone false hope

regards steve
Old Mar 18th 2009, 10:12 am
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

just read the following and i`m wrong it does effect existing applications

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...on/pdf/faq.pdf

q14

sorry if i gave anyone false hope

regards steve

So Steve reading that it doesnt look like ours will come through this year???? Cant belive iv got right to the end of the process, medicals and police checks done, we have a case officer so just waiting for the OK and thats it its stopped!!! Kinda sucks when we are both here and working!!!???
Old Mar 18th 2009, 8:01 pm
Worongary

Originally Posted by stu:0
So Steve reading that it doesnt look like ours will come through this year???? Cant belive iv got right to the end of the process, medicals and police checks done, we have a case officer so just waiting for the OK and thats it its stopped!!! Kinda sucks when we are both here and working!!!???
sorry mate i`m no expert when it comes to decifering goverment speak but it would seem that way according to thoose in the know

see

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=598439

are you using an agent ? if not i`d spent a few bucks and speak to someone like george and get proffession advice

edit -- as youve almost completed your visa you must have a case worker right ? i`d also email or if you can get through phone him/her and ask whats going to happen to your application

Last edited by steve`o; Mar 18th 2009 at 8:11 pm.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 6:52 am
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

sorry mate i`m no expert when it comes to decifering goverment speak but it would seem that way according to thoose in the know

see

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=598439

are you using an agent ? if not i`d spent a few bucks and speak to someone like george and get proffession advice

edit -- as youve almost completed your visa you must have a case worker right ? i`d also email or if you can get through phone him/her and ask whats going to happen to your application

We havent used an agent as it all seemed pretty straight forward. Yes we do have a case officer but iv not been given a contact phone number or direct email address. Its a bit of a pain whaen you cant get straight through to them. I guess its just a case of send an email through the system. Thanks anyway Steve and hope your still doing ok for work down there.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 8:58 am
Just Joined

spike9692001 will become famous soon enoughspike9692001 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by EssexSparks
An article well worth reading...depending on which bits you choose, fairly optimistic I think.....

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news...px?storypage=0
Just a quick note on the CSL seems like alot of the agents in the uk are not up to speed yes electricians have been taken off the critical list but they are still on the wanted list so you will get your visa if your successfull within 12 months electricians are still wanted here in oz cheers spike
Old May 1st 2009, 3:09 am
Worongary

Originally Posted by spike9692001
Just a quick note on the CSL seems like alot of the agents in the uk are not up to speed yes electricians have been taken off the critical list but they are still on the wanted list so you will get your visa if your successfull within 12 months electricians are still wanted here in oz cheers spike
sorry mate but thast completely wrong non csl applications are no longer been processed and as for electricans been wanted in au your joking right
Old May 1st 2009, 11:29 am
Just Joined

spike9692001 will become famous soon enoughspike9692001 will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=steve`o;7531394]sorry mate but thast completely wrong non csl applications are no longer been processed and as for electricans been wanted in au your joking right[/QUOT

No im not joking mate have three job offers allready and i havent even got a visa yet. I had a 457 visa in process but it was taking so long so i have put a 175 visa in as well. I have read your links about the changes, but just wondering if anybody has actually phoned DIAC as i did and they have assured me that electricians applying for a 175 visa will still go through and that it will just take a little longer 12 months is what there saying but normally less than that. I guess having an Australian fiance helps for me getting work but if you no where to look there is still work out there cheers spike
Old May 5th 2009, 11:41 am
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=spike9692001;7532171]
sorry mate but thast completely wrong non csl applications are no longer been processed and as for electricans been wanted in au your joking right[/QUOT

No im not joking mate have three job offers allready and i havent even got a visa yet. I had a 457 visa in process but it was taking so long so i have put a 175 visa in as well. I have read your links about the changes, but just wondering if anybody has actually phoned DIAC as i did and they have assured me that electricians applying for a 175 visa will still go through and that it will just take a little longer 12 months is what there saying but normally less than that. I guess having an Australian fiance helps for me getting work but if you no where to look there is still work out there cheers spike

Is this the latest 'back door route' then guys or not

What you thinking ?

Dougie
Old May 5th 2009, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=DOUGIE AN LOUISE;7542572]
Originally Posted by spike9692001

Is this the latest 'back door route' then guys or not

What you thinking ?

Dougie
Back door route i dont think so. wish it was im on my way back to the uk as im not aloud to stay here in oz while my visa is being processed. The trouble is i may have 3 job offers but how long are they prepaired to wait if DIAC are taking so long to process i dont think any company will wait 12 months lets hope things change