Electricians off the CSL?

Old Mar 15th 2009, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

Porter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nice
Default Electricians off the CSL?

Hi all, rather worryingly it seems that there's going to be an announcement about reducing the amount of visa's and also that some building trades are being removed from the CSL possibly electricians.Does this mean to those of us who have lodged their application already that were going to be waiting a whole lot longer in the hope of our visa?
On the flip side i do understand why they are doing this, to a point
Old Mar 15th 2009, 8:12 pm
applied August 2008..

Yorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really nice
Default Re: Electricians off the CSL?

Hi..

Havn't seen anything in relation to the removal of electricians...

All i can say is after already waiting 7 months since lodgement is..

BLOODY HOPE NOT.....:curse:

Last edited by Yorkshireclan; Mar 15th 2009 at 8:13 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Mar 15th 2009, 8:31 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

Highly unlikely the CSL list will be changed with respect to electricians, they do look to address changes in occupational demand but also consider the long term requirements for economic growth so what is happening now will only have so much effect. All that said the chefs and hairdressers have been urged to lodge visa applications as it is widely suspected that they will be dropped from the priority lists. I am told that once a visa application is lodged you are pretty much protected from any subsequent changes hence the advice for those under threat of rule changes to crack on with their application asap.

But who knows?
Old Mar 15th 2009, 8:35 pm
applied August 2008..

Yorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really nice

Originally Posted by rinkerdink
Highly unlikely the CSL list will be changed with respect to electricians, they do look to address changes in occupational demand but also consider the long term requirements for economic growth so what is happening now will only have so much effect. All that said the chefs and hairdressers have been urged to lodge visa applications as it is widely suspected that they will be dropped from the priority lists. I am told that once a visa application is lodged you are pretty much protected from any subsequent changes hence the advice for those under threat of rule changes to crack on with their application asap.

But who knows?

Hi Rinkerdink

Couldn't had said it better myself...
Old Mar 15th 2009, 8:50 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Porter
Hi all, rather worryingly it seems that there's going to be an announcement about reducing the amount of visa's and also that some building trades are being removed from the CSL possibly electricians.Does this mean to those of us who have lodged their application already that were going to be waiting a whole lot longer in the hope of our visa?
at this point nothing has been finalised

read post one and six
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=597709

there is however alot of guessing going on and some wild claims in the some papers think aussie version of the sun and mirror and how they can make a story so different

there should be more real info later today with a statement from the migration minister and i`d be watching the likes of
http://britishexpats.com/forum/member.php?u=8124
george to accuratly decifer this and tell us what it all means in plain english

regards steve

Last edited by steve`o; Mar 15th 2009 at 9:01 pm.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Davy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really nice

Hi Folks my understanding is once you have a C.O. your safe but until then they can chop and change as they like.Davy.
Also I thought they only reviewed the skills lists every 6 months. And I'd be pretty p*ssed off if i'd spent all that money on vetassess to be falled at the last hurdle.Davy
Old Mar 16th 2009, 10:08 am
Just Joined

EssexSparks is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, unfortunately General Electrician has been removed from the critical skills list see http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener.../whats-new.htm and check out the skills list link.

I have been informed by my agent that unless you are on the skills list or are employment sponsored, you won't get a look in.

Bad, bad news all round I'm afraid - but understandable in the present climate. Any ideas as to where we go from here are most welcome

Alan

Last edited by EssexSparks; Mar 16th 2009 at 10:43 am. Reason: incorrect link
Old Mar 16th 2009, 10:39 am
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Talk about spanner in the works!!! Iv been here in Cairns for nearly 2 years on a sponsership visa. Lodged 175 pr application last June and im now at the final stage of getting the visa. Have a case officer just waiting on OZ police checks to come back and that should be about it. Surely they cant refuse the pr at this stage can they????
On another note i have to say work around here has dried up to nothing. 120 sparks have been made redundant from two companys in the past month. Hard times ahead, just hope i still get me visa????
Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Porter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nice

So it looks like we'll all be waiting a lot longer for our visas but there you go. Its not that we wont get one its just the length of time.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

coralsr6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Electricians off the CSL?

Originally Posted by Porter
no electricians are still on the csl thank god
Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:35 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coralsr6
no electricians are still on the csl thank god
do you have a link for this info ???

as

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...kills-list.pdf

unfortuntly says otherwise

Last edited by steve`o; Mar 16th 2009 at 8:41 pm.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 9:40 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

It now looks like state sponsorship is the way to go! I know that Queensland are fast tracking the case officers and also offer housing subsidies to entice electricians, better get in quick cause it all could change! Other states have their oiwn list too of occupations in demand WA and SA definitely need sparkies still so it's not over and out you may just have to compromise on flexibility for the first few years.

I intend to crack on before the goal posts move again.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 11:15 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rinkerdink
It now looks like state sponsorship is the way to go! I know that Queensland are fast tracking the case officers and also offer housing subsidies to entice electricians, better get in quick cause it all could change! Other states have their oiwn list too of occupations in demand WA and SA definitely need sparkies still so it's not over and out you may just have to compromise on flexibility for the first few years.

I intend to crack on before the goal posts move again.
Have you a link for this info mate i canny find anything on it ?? Also with the state sponsorship is that totaly different to the employers one where if they sack or lay you off you have 30 days to find another or get the hell out of the country????? that wont be much fun with bread knife and kids in tow THANKS Dougie
Old Mar 16th 2009, 11:18 pm
Worongary

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE
Have you a link for this info mate i canny find anything on it ?? Also with the state sponsorship is that totaly different to the employers one where if they sack or lay you off you have 30 days to find another or get the hell out of the country????? that wont be much fun with bread knife and kids in tow THANKS Dougie
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=592159

Old Mar 16th 2009, 11:21 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

You the man Steve quick as lightning i'll have a look at that when i get home off this crap communial PC on a job i'm at tonight Cheers Dougie that wont even let me hit the Return button :curse::curse:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.