Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Electricians jobs in Melbourne

Electricians jobs in Melbourne

Old Jan 29th 2012, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

tinaandco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electricians jobs in Melbourne

Can anyone tell me how easy it will be to get electrical work in Melbourne because it takes a year I think to get the A grade licence so how do you get a job in the meantime ?
Any advise much appreciated x
Old Jan 30th 2012, 4:58 am
mcv
Forum Regular

mcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nice
Default Re: Electricians jobs in Melbourne

Hi,
It seems very quiet here in melbourne at the moment.I was out of work for 10 weeks late last year and im an A grade.
Richard
Old Jan 30th 2012, 6:38 am
Just Joined

tinaandco is an unknown quantity at this point

How easy was it to get your A Grade liscence ? Do you live in CBD only we are heading to Geelong,
Thanks for your reply by the way and have you got a decent job now ? X
Old Feb 4th 2012, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

tinaandco;

the license can be a nightmare in Victoria, do you have the TRA (ARTC) if not then you apply to the TRA when you get here that's about 6 to 10 weeks to wait, then you go on a pre electrical course with your TRA cert once you pass that then you apply to one of the RTO's to do the state exams i think there is about 3 exams or something like that now, once you pass them you apply to energy safe Vic for the A class unrestricted license. it does take time & in the meantime you can look for work outside your field of expertise until you have the required licenses. working as an electrician can be hard seeming over the Xmas & new year period everything closes down & then its slow to get things going again. i would recommend you do a google search in Melbourne for all electrical company's in the area your intending to live in & then simply phone them direct & explain the situation they may take you on working with a person who has the correct licenses.

Arthur