Electricians in Cairns

Old Nov 13th 2007, 8:28 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Electricians in Cairns

Does anyone fancy being an electrician in cairns. My boss cannot get enough lads at the moment and there is no end in sight to the current boom up here. He pays $25 an hour to start with and thats with no licences, permits etc.just turn up straight off the plane and start work the next day. you can negotiate more once you get all the paperwork sorted. we do domestic and commercial in and around cairns but also do a lot of work up the cape if you fancy getting into the bush and seeing the " real oz". it doesnt get more real than the missions.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Tamworth U.K.- Brisbane Very Soon Now Visa Granted!!
Graff will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Electricians in Cairns

Originally Posted by youngy73 View Post
Does anyone fancy being an electrician in cairns. seeing the " real oz". it doesnt get more real than the missions.
Hi Youngy, I would be interested! My house goes up for sale after Christmas, so I will give you a shout after when is sells if your Boss has room for me.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 5:16 pm
get me outta here

marc.fisher is an unknown quantity at this point

hello youngy its the other geordie spark here have just got my visa through last week so am chuffed to bits mate ,house is up for sale so that is the only thing holding me back,but housing market is very slow at the minute but hopefully it will sell quickly, just cant wait to feel that tropical sun on my pasty white geordie face.
so your boss is looking for sparks you say, i know i havnt got a firm date for coming over yet but do you think he would give me a start when i got there it would be great to walk straight into a job take some pressure off the move that would.
keep in touch mate marc
Old Nov 28th 2007, 7:21 pm
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marc.fisher View Post
hello youngy its the other geordie spark here have just got my visa through last week so am chuffed to bits mate ,house is up for sale so that is the only thing holding me back,but housing market is very slow at the minute but hopefully it will sell quickly, just cant wait to feel that tropical sun on my pasty white geordie face.
so your boss is looking for sparks you say, i know i havnt got a firm date for coming over yet but do you think he would give me a start when i got there it would be great to walk straight into a job take some pressure off the move that would.
keep in touch mate marc
there will be no worries about getting a start. there are 3 of us from this site working for him. myself then Stu:0 and Anglec got starts when they came out and i was talking to him about pom sparks the other day and he will take as many as he can get. heaps of work here at the moment. you will be able to start the day after you land if you want. hes not bothered about references or cv's. you get a months trail then full time. ive never seen anyone not get taken on after the trail. give me a mail when your heading out.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 4:20 pm
get me outta here

marc.fisher is an unknown quantity at this point

cheers for that mate thats good news hopefully it wont be too long till i come over its killing me having to go to work over here,ive lost all interest and its freezing cold here now,not a problem for you out there will email you again soon cheers again youngy

marc
Old Jan 12th 2008, 11:36 am
Just Joined

jones6682 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone fancy being an electrician in cairns. My boss cannot get enough lads at the moment and there is no end in sight to the current boom up here. He pays $25 an hour to start with and thats with no licences, permits etc.just turn up straight off the plane and start work the next day. you can negotiate more once you get all the paperwork sorted. we do domestic and commercial in and around cairns but also do a lot of work up the cape if you fancy getting into the bush and seeing the " real oz". it doesnt get more real than the missions.
hello youngy im a spark applying for my visa, your thread was very intresting good to kno theres work out there , how long is the qld wiring coarse and how do i get on one of there course s can i still work just with my english quals thanks
Old Jan 21st 2008, 9:23 am
Just Joined

go to canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Youngy73
Dose your boss offer papers for a work permit?
Thanks
Old Jan 21st 2008, 10:59 am
youngy73

Originally Posted by go to canada View Post
Hi Youngy73
Dose your boss offer papers for a work permit?
Thanks
no you need the visa. he wont sponsor. to much hassle
Old Jan 28th 2008, 8:03 am
Just Joined

devs4858 is an unknown quantity at this point

no you need the visa. he wont sponsor. to much hassle
hi youngy,

is this quite common in queensland? and what sort of pay would you reckon is available after you get your papers?
Old Jan 30th 2008, 3:55 am
Just Joined

christianw is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello.

I'm new to this site and I only got to see your post today. Arived in Brisbane three weeks ago and I've recently sent off for the Trades Recegonition and have applied to do the Peer Training Course. Does your boss still need sparks and if so I would he be willing to go to Cairns.

Thanks
Chris
Old Jan 30th 2008, 4:13 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christianw View Post
Hello.

I'm new to this site and I only got to see your post today. Arived in Brisbane three weeks ago and I've recently sent off for the Trades Recegonition and have applied to do the Peer Training Course. Does your boss still need sparks and if so I would he be willing to go to Cairns.

Thanks
Chris
if you can get them to pay your traveling you`ll be on a winner
brissie to cairns is what ? 1600 k
Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:21 am
youngy73

Originally Posted by christianw View Post
Hello.

Thanks
Chris
hi mate, hes always looking for sparks and getting a start wouldnt be any dramas but does the fact that your in brisbane not mean that is where you intend to live.i would have a bit of a think if cairns is a place where you would want to live. if you are still keen pm me when you get here.you really need to be living in cairns. it also sounds like your off down to south oz to get your licence. when you have that i doubt you would have any worries in finding work in brisvegas. what type of sparking do you do?
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 2:17 am
Just Joined

johnc10s is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Electricians in Cairns

i`m in cairns at the moment and a qualified english electrician. is there still jobs available?? i`m in the process of getting my tools sent over and my blue card coming through. my email is <<snip>> and my mobile is <<snip>>. i have experience of all types of electrical installations, domestic, commercial and industrial and have a drivers licence.
i will be here for at least the next 6 months and would like to start immediately if there is plenty of work. many thanks john.

Last edited by Sue; Jul 2nd 2008 at 4:33 am. Reason: email address and tel no removed for privacy
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 4:08 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnc10s View Post
i`m in cairns at the moment and a qualified english electrician. is there still jobs available?? i`m in the process of getting my tools sent over and my blue card coming through. my email is and my mobile is . i have experience of all types of electrical installations, domestic, commercial and industrial and have a drivers licence.
i will be here for at least the next 6 months and would like to start immediately if there is plenty of work. many thanks john.
hi john its a really bad idea posting personal info on a public website mate
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 7:45 am
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by johnc10s View Post
i`m in cairns at the moment and a qualified english electrician. is there still jobs available?? i`m in the process of getting my tools sent over and my blue card coming through. my email is <<snip>> and my mobile is <<snip>>. i have experience of all types of electrical installations, domestic, commercial and industrial and have a drivers licence.
Hi mate, how things have changed in 6 months. I work with Youngy and the building trade in Cairns is pretty much on its arse a little at the moment. I know our boss isnt taking anyone at the moment. Best advice i can give is go round all the companys in Cairns in person, tell them your situation and what you have done and can do. Maybe offer to work a couple of days for nothing just to show you can graft and see how you go.
Interest rates and the such like have put a big slow down on work.

Good luck mate!

Stu

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.