Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Electrician wanting to move to aus

Electrician wanting to move to aus

Old Jun 26th 2007, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

chrisgav is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Electrician wanting to move to aus

Originally Posted by The_Pom_From_Aus
theboshoffs,

you are in for a shock mate, if you think all you have to do is apply for a blasted license, regardless of which state you reside in there are exams to be done before they will even consider you for any license, its as simple as that. Victoria is the worst the best ive heard of is S/A have a word with wendy she can give you more info, so please dont expect to get a license from the UK. the license required is the A class license without that your stuffed.
The more i read the more complicated it gets. I think i will try and get in with a job in security, as this is what i know best.

I just need to find a job before i can move as my OH will not even consider it until then.

Thanks to wendy and the pom from aus for all your help.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 1:53 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Wendy,

thanks for the message, this new setup sound like a can of worms to me anyone doing a self assessment wont be down grading them self its as simple as that, one wonders what the hell is involved with a practical test, when a person comes here and they have to look at a switchboard with MEN for the 1st time its nightmare getting your head round as your hubby will know. So how are the poor sods going to tackle it all if they have not been exposed to any of the Australian regs or standards i do feel sorry for them.

If you receive any info at all can you please send it onto me so i can also be of assistance to others here in Victoria, the bloke who thinks all he has to do for a license is to apply i do feel for him, mainly due to the complete lack of info provided to migrants in the UK, its a real shock to the system.

I can also feel for the people in W/A people walking out of the exams after 20 mins then after 1 hour, thats not good & i don't blame the people doing the exams they must have been thrown in at the deep end. Its a terrible thing to be feeling like you are worthless. (Poor buggers)
Old Jun 27th 2007, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

Chris,
Don't give up woman its as simple as that, now then if you want to P/Message me i can give you some help & sound advice there are ways he can get a security license with very little effort, security will cover installs of CCTV
Data (computer cabling) of all types & Voice (Phone cabling).

As i say you can either do it the hard way or there is an easier way to obtain the licenses required.

message me.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 3:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_Pom_From_Aus
Hello Wendy,

thanks for the message, this new setup sound like a can of worms to me anyone doing a self assessment wont be down grading them self its as simple as that, one wonders what the hell is involved with a practical test, when a person comes here and they have to look at a switchboard with MEN for the 1st time its nightmare getting your head round as your hubby will know. So how are the poor sods going to tackle it all if they have not been exposed to any of the Australian regs or standards i do feel sorry for them.

If you receive any info at all can you please send it onto me so i can also be of assistance to others here in Victoria, the bloke who thinks all he has to do for a license is to apply i do feel for him, mainly due to the complete lack of info provided to migrants in the UK, its a real shock to the system.

I can also feel for the people in W/A people walking out of the exams after 20 mins then after 1 hour, thats not good & i don't blame the people doing the exams they must have been thrown in at the deep end. Its a terrible thing to be feeling like you are worthless. (Poor buggers)

Here's what the site say's at the minute:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

16. What will I get at the end of a successful assessment?
If you are successful VETASSESS will issue an assessment outcome letter that states you have met the pre-migration skills assessment requirements. This letter can be submitted to the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship.

You will also receive the following documents depending on your trade area.
Trade area Document issued

Licensed trades
General electrician
General plumber
Air conditioning & refrigeration mechanic
Cable jointer
Electrical powerline tradesperson

Offshore Technical Skills Record

An applicant who receives an Offshore Technical Skills Record will be eligible to gain provisional licensing in the relevant trade (subject to meeting other non-trade requirements).

It will also detail the gap training the successful applicant will need to undertake when they get to Australia.

Non-licensed trades
Carpenter
Joiner
Bricklayer
Motor mechanic

Australian Qualification

An applicant who receives a Certificate III qualification will be recognised as a tradesperson within the relevant trade area.

18. How can I find out about trade licences in particular Australian states and territories?
Go to the following websites for more information - www.immi.gov.au/asri.
Using the 'A to Z occupation listing', select your occupation title and follow the link to find out more information about licensing or registration requirements for your occupation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reading it, I can't see what the difference is at all apart from them having to pay higher fees to get their skills recognised for migration and that they will get a certificate similar to the ARTC to bring with them.

They still have to attend a course when they get here to enable them to gain a full licence. So at best all it will do is save them the 20 days it takes to apply for an ARTC.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 4:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Wendy, you have said what was in my mind there does not seem to be hardly any changes, after all people will have to do the A class license

I wonder whats involved with the class of "General Electrician" that can be very interesting to say the least.

I'm almost sure that cert III is like an ONC from the UK or maybe HNC again it means sod all because when they are here there is that blasted exams to sit.
As you say Wendy the only thing in there favor is the saving of the 20 odd days for the ARTC
Old Jun 29th 2007, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

Brigall is an unknown quantity at this point

The written Exam in WA requires a pass of 60%. It is an open exam therefore you can use your regulation book and any approved department of Energy booklet. As 60% of the questions are regarding the rules and regulations if you answer all the regs questions alone you should pass, also brush up on your basic electrical principles which will assist you in possibly gaining extra marks.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 4:48 pm
general electrician

shadymatt is an unknown quantity at this point
Question general electrician practical test in vetassess.

hello dear sir,
my self shady matt from to india.
hey man plz let me know about vetassess general electrician practical skilled practical test in mumbai, india.

i just want to know that, what will qesions from vetassess officer to general electrician, about engineering drawing, contol wiring, DOL starter or whatever any regards general electrician class.

please tell me that about questions n practicals with hand working in the vetassess general electrician in practical test methods.

thanking u man.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

Hi Wendy or anyone else we are doing Vetassess practical next week, the worrying obviously does not stop there, it sounds a real nightmare having to get you licence once you get over there. Am I right in saying you will probably not get a job whilst applying for the A class licence we are hoping to go to Perth. How long does the course last and do you think there is a long waiting list. Obviously its worrying if OH cant work for so many months. Thanks for any info
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:46 pm
general electrician

shadymatt is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Electrician

hello dear sir,
hey man plz let me know about vetassess general electrician practical skilled practical test in mumbai, india.

i just want to know that, what will qesions from vetassess officer to general electrician, about engineering drawing, contol wiring, DOL starter or whatever any regards general electrician class.

please tell me that about questions n practicals with hand working in the vetassess general electrician in practical test methods.

thanking u man.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shar07
Hi Wendy or anyone else we are doing Vetassess practical next week, the worrying obviously does not stop there, it sounds a real nightmare having to get you licence once you get over there. Am I right in saying you will probably not get a job whilst applying for the A class licence we are hoping to go to Perth. How long does the course last and do you think there is a long waiting list. Obviously its worrying if OH cant work for so many months. Thanks for any info

I don't know. I am trying to find out from here what is happening, or rather what should happen next but am having a really hard time getting anyone who knows anything about it.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud of
Default Re: Electrician

Originally Posted by shadymatt
hello dear sir,

thanking u man.
tHIS GUY HAS POSTED THE SAME QUESTION ABOUT 7 TIMES

IS THAT SPAM????????????????????
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

Thanks Wendy you are a star anything you find out would be great.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tintsexpert
tHIS GUY HAS POSTED THE SAME QUESTION ABOUT 7 TIMES

IS THAT SPAM????????????????????
Not sure but hope someone somewhere can help him with his question, I think hes pretty desperate
Old Apr 1st 2008, 9:03 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shar07
Not sure but hope someone somewhere can help him with his question, I think hes pretty desperate
there isnt an answer to the question as the first set of electrical tests are to be started in apr 08 its an unknown quantity.

that and from his earlier questions i dont believe he`s a sparkie the queations asked are just too basic

regards steve
Old Apr 1st 2008, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by steve`o
there isnt an answer to the question as the first set of electrical tests are to be started in apr 08 its an unknown quantity.

that and from his earlier questions i dont believe he`s a sparkie the queations asked are just too basic

regards steve
Well not as we know sparkies!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.