Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Electrician in oz, how to? I`ve no clue

Electrician in oz, how to? I`ve no clue

Old Sep 28th 2008, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

Del-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really nice
Default Electrician in oz, how to? I`ve no clue

can anyone help, can I get my A grade card while still in the UK, if i can where and how, if not i`m going to Perth on th 6th of october to activate my visa is there anything i can do while i`m there to get the ball rolling, and what about the regs books can you just get them from a book shop over there or would i have to get them from the college, any info would be very helpful

also does anyone know the names of any electrical contractors in the Mandurah area
Old Sep 28th 2008, 5:28 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Electrician in oz, how to? I`ve no clue

shed loads here mate
http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...andurah+&meta=

have a sift through on here and you'll sort of get the general drift as there is tons of threads about whiuch route is the best and easiest way to go

Dougie
Old Sep 28th 2008, 5:30 pm
off2oz

nursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to all

look up stu:0 on here, he knows a lot of info about electrical license etc!!!
Old Sep 28th 2008, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Del-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really nice

Cheers for the replies
Old Sep 29th 2008, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

Del-Jo;

you will have to be living in Australia to do any A class licensing exams its as simple as that, each state has its own exams, i would recommend you apply for the electrical mechanics ARTC that way you can do all mains work x 1 phase or 3 phase. some states limit the electrical fitter to panel wiring only meaning you may NOT get the A class license, so make sure you get the right certificate to start with.

when here you get yourself down to the Tafe (College) & do a short evening course to bring you up to the Australian regulations (Thats a joke).
once you complete that you can then apply for the A class exams, once completed you apply for the A class license then your away mate.

regards

Arthur
Old Sep 29th 2008, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for that
Old Sep 30th 2008, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Brigall is an unknown quantity at this point

When you get to Perth get the Western Australian on Saturday there is loads of jobs advertised for the Perth and surrounding area's.

Best of Luck
Brian
Old Sep 30th 2008, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

cheers Brian
Old Oct 1st 2008, 7:09 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Del-Jo
can anyone help, can I get my A grade card while still in the UK, if i can where and how, if not i`m going to Perth on th 6th of october to activate my visa is there anything i can do while i`m there to get the ball rolling, and what about the regs books can you just get them from a book shop over there or would i have to get them from the college, any info would be very helpful

also does anyone know the names of any electrical contractors in the Mandurah area
hi there
a couple of quick questions

what route have you taken for the visa??
your own skills or your OH`s
if its yours tra or vetts for assessment ??
Old Oct 1st 2008, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

we went through an agent called darren chatt at visa-go and got a 136 skilled independant visa on my skills as a electrician and its on the TRA
Old Oct 1st 2008, 7:17 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

we went through an agent called darren chatt at visa-go and got a 136 skilled independant visa on my skills as a electrician and its on the TRA
have you done an artc application ??
Old Oct 1st 2008, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

no
Old Oct 1st 2008, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

just been looking through the paper work, says i can`t apply for my ARTC certificate till i become a resident in Australia
Old Oct 1st 2008, 7:41 pm
Worongary

no
right then before you can start looking at licences you need to apply to the tra for an artc
use this link
http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...nresidents.htm

they dont make it clear but the tra is for immigration purposes only
( your agent should have told you this but lots dont seem to know what their doing ) and the artc ( australian recognised trade certificate ) is required in order to apply for a licence

its basically the same form and information that was used for you tra application just remember that this time instead of a paper pusher your application will be read by an aussie spark, if the referemces and work experiance documents that you submitted for the tra dont cover the following points get them changed

You must demonstrate that you are capable of doing the broad range of work normally done by, and to the same level of skill as, a tradesperson trained in Australia.

The work of a tradesperson includes:

reading work instructions and technical drawings common to the trade;
planning independently the method and order of doing a job;
using measuring instruments correctly;
marking out, laying out and setting up trade work;
selecting appropriate materials, tools, machines and equipment;
making appropriate settings on tools, machines and equipment;
performing trade work independently; and
checking and /or testing work against established standards.
You must also demonstrate that you have adequate background/theoretical knowledge.

if you look at
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=563949
ive attached a copy of my work experinace and a reference used in my own application

you can apply for the artc from the uk
they wont however send the certificate overseas so just use someones address in aus, a mates will do

licencing in order to sit the licence exam you will need your artc as above
you can however apply to peer.com.au ( phoning them will be so much easier ) for a correspondance course do all learning and paperwork whilst still in the uk and when you come out go the adeliade to sit the exam
( peer and adeliade will get you a SA electrlcal licence which can be used anywhere in australia its by far the quickist method of getting your licence there are other routes which are different in each state but going via peer is the fastist way to get you working )

i`m sure this lot will take some looking through and absorbing
if you need any further help or clarification just ask mate

regards steve

Last edited by steve`o; Oct 1st 2008 at 7:50 pm.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 7:43 pm
Worongary

just been looking through the paper work, says i can`t apply for my ARTC certificate till i become a resident in Australia
having got a PR visa you are now classed as a resident get your appication in asap mate
just remember to use a mates address for the cert to be sent to in aus

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.