electrician in Italy

Old May 16th 2011, 2:34 pm
superman2

superman2 is just really nicesuperman2 is just really nicesuperman2 is just really nicesuperman2 is just really nicesuperman2 is just really nicesuperman2 is just really nicesuperman2 is just really nicesuperman2 is just really nicesuperman2 is just really nice
Default electrician in Italy

Can anybody help I am an Uk electrician who has now re located to Italy. To get work here I need to be registered, like the UK my c&g is regognised but I need an Italian regs certificate, Regs are national not EU so my UK one is no good. Does anybody know how to get an Italian regs certificate or has any UK electrician been able to get registered here in Italy I have been here nine months and can't get into the system, it is so frustrating as there is plenty of work here and I have been offered jobs but only when I am registered.
Old May 16th 2011, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

Lou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really nice
Default Re: electrician in Italy

How good's your Italian? Or you must know someone who speaks fluent English and Italian? Can't you/they call their equivalent of the JIB or whoever runs the Italian Regs and ask what process you have to go through?

Have you brought those kryptonian criminals to justice yet?
Old May 16th 2011, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by superman2
Can anybody help I am an Uk electrician who has now re located to Italy. To get work here I need to be registered, like the UK my c&g is regognised but I need an Italian regs certificate, Regs are national not EU so my UK one is no good. Does anybody know how to get an Italian regs certificate or has any UK electrician been able to get registered here in Italy I have been here nine months and can't get into the system, it is so frustrating as there is plenty of work here and I have been offered jobs but only when I am registered.
Hi there,
Not to cast aspersions on Italian culture, isn't a brown envelope filled with a wad of cash the way to go!!
On a serious note, it may be worth posting this question on the Italy discussion forum as I doubt there will be many Sparks on this forum who are in or going to Italy. The vast majority of sparks on this forum are heading to or, are already in Australia.
Sorry can't be of more help.
Best of luck
Regards Derren
Old Jul 11th 2011, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

louisa29 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi im not much help,but i wondered if you had found out how to go about working in italy me an my partner are looking into moving to italy.he's also an electrician an we have no idea where to start.thanks louisa
Old Jul 13th 2011, 10:35 am
superman2

superman2 is just really nicesuperman2 is just really nicesuperman2 is just really nicesuperman2 is just really nicesuperman2 is just really nicesuperman2 is just really nicesuperman2 is just really nicesuperman2 is just really nicesuperman2 is just really nice

hello

It is not easy you have to be registered here like in the uk. the italians recognise my c&g but you need an italian regs certificate, like the 17th edition then your work is inspected etc but Italy has no NIC who administer this it is done through the trade. So basically you need to work for an Italian electrician for a period and he will sign off your work is to italian regs. here is the problem getting the job italians don't employ non italians, unless you know sombody, There is another way in you set up your own company as a building worker and then you are legal, not to sign off electrical work but for repairs and stuff, this is expensive as you need to pay the first years tax up front and have to be resident in Italy.
Or other way is to just work for cash like most of the people do here in the ex pat comunity what region are you in ?
hope tis helps