Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Electrician Heading for Brisbane Help

Electrician Heading for Brisbane Help

Old May 18th 2007, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

bretang is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electrician Heading for Brisbane Help

Hi Guys,
I have been reading your threads etc and did not realize the licence was so hard and a pain to obtain. I have passed the TRA and was going to Adelaide but after a reccie last Aug decided it was not for us. The visa i have is a 136 P/R visa and validated it on our reccie. We were considering Perth but with Property etc have opted for Brisbane. Where in Brisbane North/south i really dont know but hope to arrive early 2008.
Would someone please list the order or sequence i must follow to obtain licence. I know i had to apply to TRA but the details etc regarding licence, i was thinking that i would sort it out after arriving. But due to reading the info on this section i realize i must start now and apply for something different to the TRA application.
I would really appreciate any info and help in who to contact and apply to for the licence and the Tra equivalent. What order i must follow and if there is anything i can sort out here before i arrive to speed up the process if possible.
I work in a large maintainance/installation department at landrover (site services). So i hope that with this background to find some sort of Electrical work when we arrive. I have done the usual Domestic,Indusrial installation work and also worked in the Automation side as well while at Land rover, sorry to go a bit.
Any info would be great and here was me thinking the easy bit of collecting the visa was over with. Now i have all this to sort out, i just hope its all worth it ah.

Bye Brett
Old May 18th 2007, 4:13 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electrician Heading for Brisbane Help

Originally Posted by bretang
Hi Guys,
I have been reading your threads etc and did not realize the licence was so hard and a pain to obtain. I have passed the TRA and was going to Adelaide but after a reccie last Aug decided it was not for us. The visa i have is a 136 P/R visa and validated it on our reccie. We were considering Perth but with Property etc have opted for Brisbane. Where in Brisbane North/south i really dont know but hope to arrive early 2008.
Would someone please list the order or sequence i must follow to obtain licence. I know i had to apply to TRA but the details etc regarding licence, i was thinking that i would sort it out after arriving. But due to reading the info on this section i realize i must start now and apply for something different to the TRA application.
I would really appreciate any info and help in who to contact and apply to for the licence and the Tra equivalent. What order i must follow and if there is anything i can sort out here before i arrive to speed up the process if possible.
I work in a large maintainance/installation department at landrover (site services). So i hope that with this background to find some sort of Electrical work when we arrive. I have done the usual Domestic,Indusrial installation work and also worked in the Automation side as well while at Land rover, sorry to go a bit.
Any info would be great and here was me thinking the easy bit of collecting the visa was over with. Now i have all this to sort out, i just hope its all worth it ah.

Bye Brett
hi brett welcome to BE sparky vision

you need to have a good look at the following sites

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...nresidents.htm

regarding the artc ( we can help you through this mate if you need it )

http://www.deir.qld.gov.au/electrica...nces/overseas/

regarding licencing

and

http://www.qet.edu.au/

again regarding licencing

hope this helps

regards steve
Old May 18th 2007, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Steve,
Thankyou for the links this is a great help i had a quick look and looks like i will have a lot of info collecting again. Did you apply for your ARTC before you arrived or do it all there. Which way do you thinks the best oz or uk just thinking about time delay on licence etc.
Is it ok to pm you with some questions about work and other related items.

Thanks again Bye Brett
Old May 18th 2007, 4:46 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bretang
Hi Steve,
Thankyou for the links this is a great help i had a quick look and looks like i will have a lot of info collecting again. Did you apply for your ARTC before you arrived or do it all there. Which way do you thinks the best oz or uk just thinking about time delay on licence etc.
Is it ok to pm you with some questions about work and other related items.

Thanks again Bye Brett
apply for your artc from the uk
you will need an aussie address for them to send the cert to though
just use a mates
Old May 19th 2007, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by steve`o
apply for your artc from the uk
you will need an aussie address for them to send the cert to though
just use a mates
Only helpful Steve'o if you have mates in Oz.
Old May 19th 2007, 10:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by somme
Only helpful Steve'o if you have mates in Oz.

Or you know someone nice on here that will let you use their address
Old May 19th 2007, 10:29 pm
Worongary

Originally Posted by Wendy
you can use mine if you want

no probs
Old May 20th 2007, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Steve,
Thankyou for the offer Steve i will pm you when the little one allows me to a bit of time to myself. He is dragging me into the garden as i type, think he might have taken to football a little more than i was thinking he might do (lol).

Bye Brett
Old May 20th 2007, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Nice move Wendy, thanks for the offer steve'o, will your mail box be before long
Old May 21st 2007, 9:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Nice move Wendy, thanks for the offer steve'o, will your mail box be before long

(I was offering my services too )
Old May 21st 2007, 9:51 am
Worongary

and shes not talking about using her address
Old May 21st 2007, 10:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by steve`o

and shes not talking about using her address

Dunno what you could mean
Old May 21st 2007, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Wendy, and Steve'o your a naughty boy, hows your knee
Old May 21st 2007, 7:41 pm
Worongary

Thanks Wendy, and Steve'o your a naughty boy, hows your knee
sore but providing i dont spend to much time grovelling on my knees etc ok
Old May 22nd 2007, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Steve,
I have sent you a pm, tx again.

Bye Brett

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.