Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Work and travel, where to live?

Work and travel, where to live?

Old Nov 10th 2015, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

Joelangdale is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work and travel, where to live?

Hello im an electrician looking to go out to oz next april on a year working visa.

Basically looking for as much advice as possible, is there really work everywhere for sparkies? If not where is good to work? And from that where is best to live in those places?

Up to now i have decided im heading to queensland and i dont want to live in brisbane.

Any help or other places on the internet to look would be most welcomed.

Cheers.
Old Nov 10th 2015, 4:47 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work and travel, where to live?

You'll likely get more responses and information posting the same question in the Australia country forum.
Old Nov 10th 2015, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

Could you link me to it by any chance please? As im not quite sure how forums work and when im trying to search for australia nothings coming up.

Cheers in advance for any help.
Old Nov 10th 2015, 6:01 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joelangdale
Could you link me to it by any chance please? As im not quite sure how forums work and when im trying to search for australia nothings coming up.

Cheers in advance for any help.
Here's the link to it. You can navigate the forum tree using the "path" in the fourth row of text, top left, just above where it says "My Profile", "FAQ", etc.

The forums are grouped, with several sub-forums under "Australia" then Australia lumped with other countries under "Living and Moving Abroad", and then separate grouped forums for Professions (where you found the Electricans forum), and for non-immigration topics - The Lounge, The Locker Room etc.

Last edited by Pulaski; Nov 10th 2015 at 7:29 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2015, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

Thank you, i found the electricians bit by typing electricians living in australia in google hence me not knowing how to search on here.
Old Nov 10th 2015, 8:45 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You do also need to read some of the threads in this bit of the forum about licensing- you can't work as an electrician here without being licensed and each state has a different process.
Old Dec 7th 2015, 9:07 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

NSW is booming and loads of work. You can work here without a licence. Because in theory you will be supervised by a licenced sparky.