Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Electrical License.......Urgent Dreaded Question

Electrical License.......Urgent Dreaded Question

Old Jul 3rd 2008, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

Theweekshousehold is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electrical License.......Urgent Dreaded Question

Hi

We are living on the sunshine Coast and my husband is looking at working in the mines, we have been in Oz since last Sept and he has been working as a Trades Assistant since we arrived.

He has not yet done his Queensland license (not had time).

Does anyone know if its easier to take your license in WA than Queenland.

What books do you need in WA he has all the stuff for Queensland, we are looking at saving time and where given the impression the exam is easier in WA then he could work in the mines and then just apply and pay for a Queensland one.

Any feedback would be good.

thanks

Sara
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

ozoz will become famous soon enoughozoz will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Electrical License.......Urgent Dreaded Question

If my experience is any thing to go by do another profesion in australia liciencing is such a f***ing con job,sorry i cant be constructive about it but go check out electricans thread on this site - every raves about peer tec in south aus but even that is a con job politician owned , Without going to much into detail i have spent a fortune trying to get a licience and im pretty much at the end of this bullshit
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 3:36 am
BE Enthusiast

milly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Theweekshousehold
Hi

We are living on the sunshine Coast and my husband is looking at working in the mines, we have been in Oz since last Sept and he has been working as a Trades Assistant since we arrived.

What books do you need in WA he has all the stuff for Queensland, we are looking at saving time and where given the impression the exam is easier in WA then he could work in the mines and then just apply and pay for a Queensland one.

thanks

Sara
As said peer tech in SA is the best way to go, only takes about 2 weeks , and SA license is excepted all over , and you can even change it to the state you live in, Through municipal arrangement,
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 3:52 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

thanks

Sara

hi sara

all the info you should need is here
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97

regards steve
Old Jul 5th 2008, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steve`o
hi sara

all the info you should need is here
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97

regards steve
Thnaks Steve,

Cannot believe you are still on here we came out about the same time i Believe..........havent been on here for ages.......hope you have settled well.......whats it like up in Cairns........went there 8 yrs ago and loved it what are the prices of houses like....OH wants a job in the mines,,,,dont know whether i could handle the heat up there....
Old Jul 5th 2008, 8:22 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Thnaks Steve,

Cannot believe you are still on here we came out about the same time i Believe..........havent been on here for ages.......hope you have settled well.......whats it like up in Cairns........went there 8 yrs ago and loved it what are the prices of houses like....OH wants a job in the mines,,,,dont know whether i could handle the heat up there....
ended up in the gold coast its all here
but be warned its chuffin long
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=400962
Old Jul 5th 2008, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steve`o
ended up in the gold coast its all here
but be warned its chuffin long
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=400962
yes with the OH being a sparky we have noticed that the work is in Brisbane or south of Brisbane....we did consider moving down there for one second but love it up here....so i suppose you cant have it all......also really like the GOld coast but will visit for holidays.....
Old Jul 8th 2008, 8:44 am
Just Joined

ravinv is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

thanks

Sara
Hi Sara,
I am Ravi, and i am overseas Electrician from INDIA and i have Electrical Fitter from ARTC and i am planning to take up Electrical LIcence done but in NSW they ask for 12 months of wiring practical experience and it takes very long time to get my licence done. So let me know if u have any idea of getting the licence fast.
Regards
Ravi
Old Jul 8th 2008, 8:55 am
Worongary

Originally Posted by ravinv
Hi Sara,
I am Ravi, and i am overseas Electrician from INDIA and i have Electrical Fitter from ARTC and i am planning to take up Electrical LIcence done but in NSW they ask for 12 months of wiring practical experience and it takes very long time to get my licence done. So let me know if u have any idea of getting the licence fast.
Regards
Ravi
peer.com.au mate at aderlaide