Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

electrical fitter TRA or Vetassess

electrical fitter TRA or Vetassess

Old Nov 14th 2010, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

bakercrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Default electrical fitter TRA or Vetassess

hi oh applied to tra as 'fitter' although they were satisfied with apprenticeship and skills they werent happy with his current 2 year experience so got unsuccessfull and asked to apply as a general electrician. His current job means he build electrical laser machines for a laser marking machine company . he builds the machines from scratch and most are bespoke and travels to install some on them onsite. His job in very complexed and is not an electrican on residential side or from a builders side so does not think he will be able to do vetassess exam. Do we reapply to tra and explain his current jobs skills alot more clearer or do you think he should go dowm vetassess route. we are looking to go to WA. Help needed as dont what to do now.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

r10ley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: electrical fitter TRA or Vetassess

Hi bake crew, im pritty new to the process myself but im starting to understand it (I think).

When you say they are not satisfied with his experience do you mean the length of it or the type of experience it is?

Also when you say applying to the tra do you mean for visa purposes?

r10ley
Old Nov 15th 2010, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

Im applying for visa 176. TRA was not happy as we have not provided evidence of at least 12 months full-time paid employment in your nominated occupation
in the last 24 months at the time of application as set out at section 9.2.1 of the Skilled Worker Program Assessment Criteria. Although we listed pages of what his current job does. However agency is now on their case asking why does it not fit?
Old Nov 15th 2010, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Oh I see, to be Honest I've just read up on what the 176 visa is. Am I right in thinking it's a sponsored (via a family member) skilled migrant visa? Could you forward a link for the form you are required to fill out please?

Thanks

r10ley
Old Nov 15th 2010, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

im not sure if it is a family sponsership visa aswell im going on a state sponsership. My agency forward all the forms to me. All these forms are so mind boggling that after lots of research and different advice I chose to go via an agent. Yes it is expensive but well worth it, as you are hit with so many different questions and hiccups. My agent is stephen dickson who you will find him also on british expats forum.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

Mind boggling is an understatement lol. I think an agent is a good idea, what sort of fees do they charge?

Thanks

r10ley