Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Electrical Contractors License

Electrical Contractors License

Old Mar 7th 2010, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

jonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura about
Default Electrical Contractors License

Ayup,

Anyone know if further courses / quallifications are required in addition to the PEER AS/NZS 3000 Wiring Rules, in order to get the Electrical Contractors license?

Ive just seen a short list of required quallifications and they included the wiring rules although it was the TAFE version rather than PEER, dont know what the difference is?

Ta,
Jon
Old Mar 7th 2010, 1:52 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electrical Contractors License

Originally Posted by jonsparx
Ayup,

Anyone know if further courses / quallifications are required in addition to the PEER AS/NZS 3000 Wiring Rules, in order to get the Electrical Contractors license?

Ive just seen a short list of required quallifications and they included the wiring rules although it was the TAFE version rather than PEER, dont know what the difference is?

Ta,
Jon
if your doing your electrical licence via peer you can also do your contractors at the same time i believe its an additional day at peer to complete
Old Mar 7th 2010, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

jonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura about

Ta Stevo,

Did the PEER exams about 6 weeks ago and have my Elec license, I live in Adelaide at the mo so going back to PEER to do the contractors would be handy, think ill get in touch with them.

Mrs and I are thinking of a move to the Southport area, GC. Thets your neck of the woods aint it?

Originally Posted by steve`o
if your doing your electrical licence via peer you can also do your contractors at the same time i believe its an additional day at peer to complete
Old Mar 7th 2010, 7:28 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Ta Stevo,

Did the PEER exams about 6 weeks ago and have my Elec license, I live in Adelaide at the mo so going back to PEER to do the contractors would be handy, think ill get in touch with them.

Mrs and I are thinking of a move to the Southport area, GC. Thets your neck of the woods aint it?
just around the corner
Old Mar 9th 2010, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Lee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really nice

Ayup,

Ta,
Jon

Hi jon, This is what you need to get a contractors licence
http://www.ocba.sa.gov.au/assets/fil...heet_07web.pdf

Single phase electrical testing course 4 x 3hr tuesday and thursday evenings $390 or $220 with CITB card.

Small business management 3 X Saturdays or Sundays $1200 or $530 with CITB card

National police certificate

$8000 in adjusted net assets

Lee.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

burkelj is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
If you are thinking of moving to QLD it is a lot easier to get your contractors licence. You just need to do a business qualification which i did via correspondence. It took a week and $350 through skills tech australia. Once you have that you just need to sort insurance which is about $650 and send off for you licence which is $280.
I got mine in about a month.
Good luck!
Luke
Old Mar 15th 2010, 9:55 am
Worongary

Originally Posted by burkelj
Hi
If you are thinking of moving to QLD it is a lot easier to get your contractors licence. You just need to do a business qualification which i did via correspondence. It took a week and $350 through skills tech australia. Once you have that you just need to sort insurance which is about $650 and send off for you licence which is $280.
Good luck!
Luke
as a matter of intrest who are you insured with?
i`m withy zurich and its just over 1k a year so you can see why i`m intrested

regards steve
Old Mar 16th 2010, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

Thanks a lot lads appriciate your help.
ATB
Jon
Old Mar 17th 2010, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

Steve
I'm insured with QBE insurance through Tradesure 1800 872331. Covered for $5 million. Yours might give $10 million
Luke
Old May 31st 2010, 1:35 am
Just Joined

qldspark is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by burkelj
Hi
Good luck!
Luke
Can you pls tell me what was the course name and thru which skills tech Australia you did it. I went to skiltech in Acacia Ridge and they gave me a whole list of course I need to complete. The course include: Installation,Testing and Inspection for $1200, Establish a contract business for $570 and General Legislation for $310. I just did my peer wiring rules and got my mechanic lisence not even a week ago and now I must do all this stuff aswel?? Can you give me any advise please
Old May 31st 2010, 5:54 am
Worongary

Originally Posted by qldspark
Can you pls tell me what was the course name and thru which skills tech Australia you did it. I went to skiltech in Acacia Ridge and they gave me a whole list of course I need to complete. The course include: Installation,Testing and Inspection for $1200, Establish a contract business for $570 and General Legislation for $310. I just did my peer wiring rules and got my mechanic lisence not even a week ago and now I must do all this stuff aswel?? Can you give me any advise please
i did my contractors with QET speak to chris
http://www.qet.edu.au/
Old May 31st 2010, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

jonnyd is on a distinguished road

is the wiring course part of peer as in do you do it all at the same place or will i need to do other courses on top?

can anyone tell me how to get a citb card as well please
Old Jun 6th 2010, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

Alright lads,

Whats the subbie rate in your part of Australia? Adelaide seems to be around $40 ph.
Hows work in general, easy to come by? Im still on the cards with a firm but having spent the last 5 months either pulling in massive XLPEs or stood in a trench with a spade in my hands, i think id prefer putting a light up for mrs Smith again

Jonnyd, i got my citb card through the post about a month after getting my elec license.

Last edited by jonsparx; Jun 6th 2010 at 1:50 am.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

hunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by qldspark

If you have had your mechanic license less than 5 years this course in management skills is all you need.
http://coursesearch.openlearning.taf...4-e5dfd6ed6404
Old Jun 14th 2010, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

The course I did was Electrical Contractors Management skills CNQ 35C

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.