Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

THINKING OF WORKING AS A TRADE ASSISTANT IN MELBOURNE? YOU NEED TO READ THIS!

THINKING OF WORKING AS A TRADE ASSISTANT IN MELBOURNE? YOU NEED TO READ THIS!

Old Apr 13th 2015, 11:28 am
Just Joined

skujos27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default THINKING OF WORKING AS A TRADE ASSISTANT IN MELBOURNE? YOU NEED TO READ THIS!

If you're thinking of coming to Melbourne to work as a trade assistant while you're in the process of getting assessed to apply for your provisional/A grade electrical license, you need to read this information taken from Energy Safe Victoria website:

Trade Assistant:
• Can NOT carry out electrical work (even if supervised).
• Can work on wiring supports and enclosures under supervision
of a licensed electrician.
• Can NOT install or connect cables.
• Can dig holes or cart goods/tools.

See original document by searching A PRACTICAL GUIDE TO USING
CERTIFICATES OF ELECTRICAL SAFETY (COES) on Energy Safe Victoria website.

Makes sense now why I'm not seeing many TA jobs advertised.
Old Apr 14th 2015, 9:44 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: THINKING OF WORKING AS A TRADE ASSISTANT IN MELBOURNE? YOU NEED TO READ THIS!

Victoria the hardest place to pick up work if unlicenced. Even as a TA. NSW,easy as.
Old Jun 14th 2015, 12:37 am
Just Joined

skujos27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: THINKING OF WORKING AS A TRADE ASSISTANT IN MELBOURNE? YOU NEED TO READ THIS!

Originally Posted by Jockstar
Victoria the hardest place to pick up work if unlicenced. Even as a TA. NSW,easy as.
Hey Jockstar, You were right! I got a job the day after I arrived in Sydney. Mad how Melbourne could be so different.

Just wanted to pick your brains do you know if there's anywhere I can get my skills assessed to get an 'OTSR' for visa purposes in Sydney??

Vettassess & future skills only seem to carry out assessments in Melbourne,Perth & Brisbane??
Old Jun 14th 2015, 12:39 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skujos27
Hey Jockstar, You were right! I got a job the day after I arrived in Sydney. Mad how Melbourne could be so different.

Just wanted to pick your brains do you know if there's anywhere I can get my skills assessed to get an 'OTSR' for visa purposes in Sydney??

Vettassess & future skills only seem to carry out assessments in Melbourne,Perth & Brisbane??
There's also Vic Uni but would guess you'd have to go to Melbourne for their practical too.

Those are the only groups able to assess you for OTSR currently I believe.