British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Electricians (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/)
-   -   downloading ARTC FORM (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/downloading-artc-form-491853/)

woodyspark Nov 5th 2007 6:57 pm

downloading ARTC FORM

Hi there,my names woody,ive been sparking in uk for 20 years now,already got my visa,going in mid january.ive downloaded/printed off an "application for australian recognised trade certificate" form from tra website,is this the right form for applying for an ARTC,the reason i'm doubting it is because ive read so much on this forum & everyone seems to say you need them sent from oz.Anyway,question 4,"trade classification sought",ive been working as a general spark,you know,housebashing,testing,housing assosiation maintenance,industrial.etc.When i look at the list provided there isnt general electrician,so which is it.I would be extremely grateful if someone could answer these questions.......thanks

Wendy Nov 5th 2007 8:54 pm

Re: downloading ARTC FORM

Originally Posted by woodyspark (Post 5514493)
Hi there,my names woody,ive been sparking in uk for 20 years now,already got my visa,going in mid january.ive downloaded/printed off an "application for australian recognised trade certificate" form from tra website,is this the right form for applying for an ARTC,the reason i'm doubting it is because ive read so much on this forum & everyone seems to say you need them sent from oz.Anyway,question 4,"trade classification sought",ive been working as a general spark,you know,housebashing,testing,housing assosiation maintenance,industrial.etc.When i look at the list provided there isnt general electrician,so which is it.I would be extremely grateful if someone could answer these questions.......thanks

You can't download the ARTC form from the internet, you need to contact the TRA and ask them to send you one. They will post the appliaction form to the UK, but will only send the results to an Australian address - you can use a friends address though. ;)

There are two different classes of electrician here, one is a fitter and the other is a mechanic. You are looking to be classified as an 'Electrical Mechanic'. :)

woodyspark Nov 5th 2007 9:17 pm

Thanks for that info,i dont know wot form ive got.I'm off to Perth in january,i have a friend who is out there already so i'm gunna put his address on the form.I'm going to e-mail TRA now.......thank you

Wendy Nov 5th 2007 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by woodyspark (Post 5514937)
Thanks for that info,i dont know wot form ive got.I'm off to Perth in january,i have a friend who is out there already so i'm gunna put his address on the form.I'm going to e-mail TRA now.......thank you

You'll have the pre-migration form, the ARTC isn't much different :)

woodyspark Nov 5th 2007 9:36 pm

It doesnt look like a pre-migration form,its got a question about tra prior to migration,what australian visa subclass is in your passport.It hasent got general electrician on it,its got electrical mechanic,like you said.Right at the end of the form it says"if your ARTC application is successfuldo you require it to be posted to you by reistered mail?....It has confused me.

Wendy Nov 5th 2007 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by woodyspark (Post 5515026)
It doesnt look like a pre-migration form,its got a question about tra prior to migration,what australian visa subclass is in your passport.It hasent got general electrician on it,its got electrical mechanic,like you said.Right at the end of the form it says"if your ARTC application is successfuldo you require it to be posted to you by reistered mail?....It has confused me.

Sounds like the one then :confused:

Have you got the link to the form and I'll check it out for you. :)

Wendy Nov 5th 2007 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by Wendy (Post 5515031)
Sounds like the one then :confused:

Have you got the link to the form and I'll check it out for you. :)

actually, no need I've just looked and they have put the form on the site.

About time too! :)

That's definitely the right one (link for others: http://www.workplace.gov.au/NR/rdonl...ck9Oct2007.pdf )

woodyspark Nov 5th 2007 9:56 pm

Thats great,you are a lot quicker than me,i just went www.workplace.gov.au/tra and searched for ARTC,then went on link.Thats a relief,i thought i was going mad,it just looked right.So i take it that on this form,in my personel details i put friends address?how about date arrived in oz,i mean i'm not gunna be there?

Wendy Nov 6th 2007 1:40 am

Originally Posted by woodyspark (Post 5515118)
Thats great,you are a lot quicker than me,i just went www.workplace.gov.au/tra and searched for ARTC,then went on link.Thats a relief,i thought i was going mad,it just looked right.So i take it that on this form,in my personel details i put friends address?how about date arrived in oz,i mean i'm not gunna be there?

Yes, put friends address is as your address. Most people just put a date not to far away from when they send the form (so if you send it off in Dec, put you'll be arriving in Jan or something. ;))

steve`o Nov 6th 2007 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Wendy (Post 5515816)
Yes, put friends address is as your address. Most people just put a date not to far away from when they send the form (so if you send it off in Dec, put you'll be arriving in Jan or something. ;))

wends perhaps a mod will put this link at the top as a sticky as its really important to us sparkies

mods are you listening ??????

Wendy Nov 6th 2007 7:45 am

Originally Posted by steve`o (Post 5516700)
wends perhaps a mod will put this link at the top as a sticky as its really important to us sparkies

I'll start a thread and PM one :D

Wendy Nov 6th 2007 8:19 am

Originally Posted by steve`o (Post 5516700)

Done :)

I've added all the licencing authorities websites as well. I'm thinking we could also add a bit about the process for getting licences in each state. what do you think?

Have you got a link to one of your really helpful posts? :)

steve`o Nov 6th 2007 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by Wendy (Post 5516902)
Done :)

I've added all the licencing authorities websites as well. I'm thinking we could also add a bit about the process for getting licences in each state. what do you think?

Have you got a link to one of your really helpful posts? :)

sparks124 thread about doing the phone test should be a must

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451937