Disillusioned

Old Aug 6th 2009, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Disillusioned

minty01;

do you intend to work for your self when here & obtain the full electrical license, if so i have more info for you, but its not good news.???? well that all depends on how you look at it all.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

minty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really nice

Originally Posted by The_Pom_From_Aus
minty01;

do you intend to work for your self when here & obtain the full electrical license, if so i have more info for you, but its not good news.???? well that all depends on how you look at it all.
Hi Mate, to start with i will be more then happy working for someone else but in the long run i want to go it alone. Understand i need to go back to school to learn how to be my own buisness though.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 2:02 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

minty01;
your correct there mate when you say you would have to go back to college to do the electrical contractors course its evening course, most do it in about 15 weeks 1 x night per week.

but you can do it via PEER distance course all done at home just send in your projects to them.

when you get your full electrical license thats great. then if you want to work for yourself, you must do the electrical contractors course, you wont get insurance until you have the contractors license (all tied up here) (Money).

1st full license
2nd contractors license.
3rd insurance its normal now to get $10,000,000 (10 million) cover costing about $600.00 or so.

Oh if you dont get the contractors license your NOT allowed to quote for jobs in a legal capacity also your not allowed to advertise for work without the contractors license.????? more money again.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 4:57 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

steve`o
well said mate, you said it all in a few lines it has taken me War & Peace to explain to people they must now do the log book & GAP

thanks steve

art

ps

caught many fish mate in that super boat.??
nope no boat yet mate the first two that we had agreed costs on have both failed at survey $2k to date and havent been afloat yet
Old Aug 7th 2009, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

steve`o

bloody hell Steve, thats a lot of dosh mate, but better than panic buying and throwing dosh down drain.

Oh well Steve i had better get back down pit digging for coal to keep them 2 indoors warm.??
Old Aug 7th 2009, 11:12 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

Steve O and Arthur,

Can you give some sort of guide as to the salary drop you will have to take while on a restricted licence and also give an indication about how hard or easy it is to secure a position with this kind of licence?

I've cooled a bit but I am still not thrilled, I need to do some sums and work out if I can actually afford to give my family a better life within five years of arrival, I'd been working on a salary of around AUD$60-65k. The sooner I know whether I'm to bin the whole thing the better... either way. If I'm going to be struggling for too long like I used to be over here I think i'll quickly lose my appetitie for it and return any way

I've done a quick search on Seek and it is far from encouraging, hopefully you'll have some positive news

Cheers and thanks for input!
Old Aug 8th 2009, 1:44 am
BE Enthusiast

rinkerdink;
Hell mate thats a hard question to be asking me & Steve, now with the restricted license your going to be on less money, thats if you can get a company to take you on these days with the limited license.
as to what pay i dont know & i woul also not expect Steve to making comments on such a delicate issue, thsts just not fair on steve.

with regards to security of work i suppose if the company like you & your good at your job then they "May" well take you on, maybe.???

I can fully understand your pure frustration at all this, its not good for all concerend. i know this most sparks in the vic area working onsite can expect to be earning about $70,000 with site rates & all the rest that comes with it all. if you cannot get sorted in the 5 years after ariving your doing something wrong mate.

the decisision to bin it all or stick with it is you & your family to make that decision, myself i would be sticking to it all, look to the future for your kids & your wife, there is lots of bloody hurdles but take them one at a time.
From getting here with the ARTC the time fraction for the full license can b, say 2 weeks thats the license posted to your home as Steve has said to many others on here, then the electrical contractors course a couple of months doing distance course via PEER, if you have gone down Vatassess then you have to accept the log book & GAP 12 months, so all up if your self employed you can do it all in about 14 months,
working for a mob inclusive of GAP & frigging log book 12 months + 2 days at PEER. also consider the OH&S for site work this can be done at PEER 1 x day course $60.00 without this you shall be lucky to get on any site across Australia, maybe ask Steve on this i think he does lots of site work.

Its always going to be a struggle mate when 1st here looking for work where your hands are tied a little.

SEEK i consider a waist of space, im sure steve once commented about this lot, they get you on there books cause they get money from the government, then as far as work for you is concerned byee byee.

But for goodness sake keep your chin up & think of the future for you all, once you get into a real routine you can look back with pride & what you have done for the family.
Old Aug 8th 2009, 7:39 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

rinkerdink;
Hell mate thats a hard question to be asking me & Steve, now with the restricted license your going to be on less money, thats if you can get a company to take you on these days with the limited license.
as to what pay i dont know & i woul also not expect Steve to making comments on such a delicate issue, thsts just not fair on steve.

with regards to security of work i suppose if the company like you & your good at your job then they "May" well take you on, maybe.???

I can fully understand your pure frustration at all this, its not good for all concerend. i know this most sparks in the vic area working onsite can expect to be earning about $70,000 with site rates & all the rest that comes with it all. if you cannot get sorted in the 5 years after ariving your doing something wrong mate.

the decisision to bin it all or stick with it is you & your family to make that decision, myself i would be sticking to it all, look to the future for your kids & your wife, there is lots of bloody hurdles but take them one at a time.
From getting here with the ARTC the time fraction for the full license can b, say 2 weeks thats the license posted to your home as Steve has said to many others on here, then the electrical contractors course a couple of months doing distance course via PEER, if you have gone down Vatassess then you have to accept the log book & GAP 12 months, so all up if your self employed you can do it all in about 14 months,
working for a mob inclusive of GAP & frigging log book 12 months + 2 days at PEER. also consider the OH&S for site work this can be done at PEER 1 x day course $60.00 without this you shall be lucky to get on any site across Australia, maybe ask Steve on this i think he does lots of site work.

Its always going to be a struggle mate when 1st here looking for work where your hands are tied a little.

SEEK i consider a waist of space, im sure steve once commented about this lot, they get you on there books cause they get money from the government, then as far as work for you is concerned byee byee.

But for goodness sake keep your chin up & think of the future for you all, once you get into a real routine you can look back with pride & what you have done for the family.
Thanks Arthur,

I have been getting a bit maudlin lately, the one hurdle at a time approach is probably the best
Old Aug 8th 2009, 8:16 am
Peace Frog

dodge26 will become famous soon enoughdodge26 will become famous soon enough

rinkerdink;

I have been watching this thread with great interest, the information is invaluable and am sure is very useful to alot of people outhere who are in the same boat as me. I must admit I think Disillusioned is most fitting. All this red tape makes you think, is this what I really want to put myself through.

For the sake of repeating yourself can I confirm, if I were to obtain an ARTC back in the U.K. and do the distance study via PEER I could obtain a full licence in 2 weeks or is that licence restricted.

Thanks again for the information Arthur keep up the good work.
Old Aug 8th 2009, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

dodge26;

The answer for the full license in 2 weeks is NO its as simple as that even with the ARTC, you have been through vatassess this now means you must do the lob book for 12 months + GAP training at any tafe (college) at best you shall only get a restricted license then after 12 months of log book & GAP then you can apply for the full license.

if you post Stev'O on here he has good info especially for QLD area.

sorry mate but all students not go through Vatassess & that means the logbook & GAP
Old Aug 8th 2009, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

minty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really nice

dodge26;

The answer for the full license in 2 weeks is NO its as simple as that even with the ARTC, you have been through vatassess this now means you must do the lob book for 12 months + GAP training at any tafe (college) at best you shall only get a restricted license then after 12 months of log book & GAP then you can apply for the full license.

sorry mate but all students not go through Vatassess & that means the logbook & GAP
Thats not true mate, Once visa is stamped you can drop vets and apply for ATRC as long as you have a aussie address or you can do it when you get out there. You dont have to mention vets. Then you can go down the ATRC route. Just have to do vets to get the visa. People out there are doing this at the moment.
Old Aug 8th 2009, 11:36 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

dodge26;

As a special class applicant I never went down the vettassess route but had my skills assessed by TRA, does this mean I could avoid going through the 12 month log book? I know I may be labouring the point but this route is different to the vettasses and I was wondering if the back door had been left ajar...

My visa and ss applications are currently lodged and I am hoping to have a visa ready for a validation trip next (UK) summer, I have visions of a midnight run to squeeze across the line before a rule change
Old Aug 8th 2009, 1:35 pm
Peace Frog

dodge26 will become famous soon enoughdodge26 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by minty01
Thats not true mate, Once visa is stamped you can drop vets and apply for ATRC as long as you have a aussie address or you can do it when you get out there. You dont have to mention vets. Then you can go down the ATRC route. Just have to do vets to get the visa. People out there are doing this at the moment.

I have heard of this theory before hope this is true, as this whole 12 month log book and college thing doesn't appeal.
Old Aug 8th 2009, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rinkerdink

As a special class applicant I never went down the vettassess route but had my skills assessed by TRA, does this mean I could avoid going through the 12 month log book? I know I may be labouring the point but this route is different to the vettasses and I was wondering if the back door had been left ajar...

My visa and ss applications are currently lodged and I am hoping to have a visa ready for a validation trip next (UK) summer, I have visions of a midnight run to squeeze across the line before a rule change

If you do ATRC and then do Peer in adelaide i belive there is no log book. Sit course, pass exam, A class, finished.

If you do vets then do ATRC when in aus or from an oz address the same applies just dont tell them you started as vets.

Can someone like Steve O confirm this as all of the different info flying around is starting to confuse people including me. Thanks.

Also worth keeping an eye on the energy safe thread as this looks a possible new way. Take vets cert to energy safe and then only 2 week course and A class again no log book. Got to be done in WA but can be transfered. Shar is testing the waters with this and will keep us all posted.
Old Aug 8th 2009, 9:04 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by minty01
If you do ATRC and then do Peer in adelaide i belive there is no log book. Sit course, pass exam, A class, finished.

If you do vets then do ATRC when in aus or from an oz address the same applies just dont tell them you started as vets.

Can someone like Steve O confirm this as all of the different info flying around is starting to confuse people including me. Thanks.

Also worth keeping an eye on the energy safe thread as this looks a possible new way. Take vets cert to energy safe and then only 2 week course and A class again no log book. Got to be done in WA but can be transfered. Shar is testing the waters with this and will keep us all posted.
spot on

re wages most "permit to train" bods get about 2 to 5 dollrs an hr less than the sparks rate,the problem is at the moment getting some one to take you on as there are plenty of fully licenced sparks looking for work

i am however now of the opinion that this will improve later this year based on friends in the banking industry telling me that lots of borrowing has been approved for construction, fingers crossed then

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.