Disillusioned

Old Aug 5th 2009, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Disillusioned

rinkerdink;

I think your all mixed up mate,
1st of all PEER is NOT closing its doors to anyone at all, you can go to PEER from ant state to do there wiring rules course.

Now then this is how it all works.
you NOW make your application from the Uk to migrate, then you are steered down the vatassess route, end of story i got this direct from the main man at PEER.

You then do a trade test in the UK at a given site, this is a mix bag of practical & theory, once passed you get the green light for migration, i would then recomend you apply for ARTC from the UK. makes life a little better when your here & i say a little.????
I would then be contacting PEER with ARTC in hand sign up for the PEER electrical distance course, you get all books sent to your home there is a work book with heaps of example when you are confident with that your ready for the exam, no added cost for exam when you get here its all in the costings of about $900.00 to PEER.

seems straight forward to now.??

when your here get to PEER in S/A do the wiring rules course, same day get to the Licensing division in S/A (Energy safe) and apply for the Restricted License, then you must fullfill requirments of 12 month log book + 160 hours GAP training before your allowed the Unrestricted Electrical License some states call it different but its all the same in the end.

The wiring rules course is to make sure all students are up to date & speed with current Australian wiring rules & work practices.

I think you shall find that things have changed in S/A again you must do the log book & GAP in S/A.

these changes have been brought in to coincide with Vatassess, they are the only agency now that people from 5 countries can apply for migration & the UK is one of them.

so recolect.

1st Vatassess application.
2nd ARTC from UK
3rd PEER distance course.
4th when here PEER for wiring rules exam 2 days.
5th restricted electrical license.
6th log book for 12 months with NO break in employment.
7th GAP Training 160 hours.
8th Apply to Energy safe for the Unrestricted Electrical License.
Then you think your home & Dry.??? think again.

Then if you want to be self employed thats another nightmare with lots more hoops to jump through.??? But we are all here to help, so its not all two bad.

Correct me if i hade any mistakes but im sure thats about it all, for the Unrestricted License.
Arthur
Old Aug 5th 2009, 4:01 pm
Account Closed

jasonlec is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The_Pom_From_Aus
rinkerdink;

1st of all PEER is NOT closing its doors to anyone at all, you can go to PEER from ant state to do there wiring rules course.

you NOW make your application from the Uk to migrate, then you are steered down the vatassess route, end of story i got this direct from the main man at PEER.

You then do a trade test in the UK at a given site, this is a mix bag of practical & theory, once passed you get the green light for migration, i would then recomend you apply for ARTC from the UK. makes life a little better when your here & i say a little.????
I would then be contacting PEER with ARTC in hand sign up for the PEER electrical distance course, you get all books sent to your home there is a work book with heaps of example when you are confident with that your ready for the exam, no added cost for exam when you get here its all in the costings of about $900.00 to PEER.

when your here get to PEER in S/A do the wiring rules course, same day get to the Licensing division in S/A (Energy safe) and apply for the Restricted License, then you must fullfill requirments of 12 month log book + 160 hours GAP training before your allowed the Unrestricted Electrical License some states call it different but its all the same in the end.

The wiring rules course is to make sure all students are up to date & speed with current Australian wiring rules & work practices.

I think you shall find that things have changed in S/A again you must do the log book & GAP in S/A.

these changes have been brought in to coincide with Vatassess, they are the only agency now that people from 5 countries can apply for migration & the UK is one of them.

so recolect.

2nd ARTC from UK

Then if you want to be self employed thats another nightmare with lots more hoops to jump through.??? But we are all here to help, so its not all two bad.

Correct me if i hade any mistakes but im sure thats about it all, for the Unrestricted License.
Arthur
So they need trades in strayla like I need a hole in the head. Bunch of arse.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

jonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura about

So what is the point of doing the bloody ARTC if you still have to do the gap training then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARE YOU SURE ARTHUR ?????????????

rinkerdink;

so recolect.

2nd ARTC from UK

Arthur
Old Aug 5th 2009, 6:50 pm
Account Closed

jasonlec is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jonsparx
So what is the point of doing the bloody ARTC if you still have to do the gap training then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARE YOU SURE ARTHUR ?????????????
Coz it costs another grand, then your cpr, etc etc etc etc.

What about New Zealand? Any better or is the sparky a lower form of dung?

Canada could be a better option, what do you need to get in there?
Old Aug 5th 2009, 7:29 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasonlec
Coz it costs another grand, then your cpr, etc etc etc etc.

What about New Zealand? Any better or is the sparky a lower form of dung?

Canada could be a better option, what do you need to get in there?
Exactly my thoughts, i'd have wasted 4 grand but have an aus visa to fall back on, i'm wondering what the kiwi's require? I've got an old mate in Wellington who I'm sure would help me get started.

Other option is to kill my current trade and do something else once i'm out there, when i look at the money I'm earning and the respect I command over here I think 12 months completing a log book would be too much to take at 36 years of age and thats once the artc and peer bitis done oh and the gap course. BTW has anybody ever seen any job's for restricted licence sparkies? I wouldn't bother hiring one as you can gaurantee you won't see em for dust after 366 days

F@ck knows what they demand from high risk countres i pity the fools that battle to get out there only to face all this crap.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 8:13 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

As a guide just checked the www.seek.com.au site using restricted and electrician as key words... One job in Queensland!!! and that is a temp to perm in a food factory doing 24/7 shifts!

I know there are other ways of finding work but this is far from encouragng, I think I will bag the visa and check NZ out in the mean time, I wish I'd known it was this much of a palaver, I thought getting the visa was the awkward bit and having almost done that now it's far from easy! I remember Australia being a bit overgoverned with even painters and decorators displaying licence numbers (wtf) but this seems like a joke too far.

Is there any other trade with this much red tape and this many hoops to jump through?
Old Aug 5th 2009, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

jonsparx;

let me phone the man today to confirm

art
Old Aug 5th 2009, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonsparx;
this is a new this Vatassess system has buggered it all for people, i dont think they know how badly its affecting people applying to migrate.

i have just phoned PEER the bloke is not in today but i shall call tomorrow, its a real pig of a job now.

the old system allowed a person to apply from the UK get there ARTC then get here & do the electrical course with NO pissing log book or GAP training but for some reason the cabbages at Vatassess have stuffed all that, frigging typical.

art
Old Aug 6th 2009, 4:20 am
BE Enthusiast

jonsparx;

i got this from the TRA people

From the Trade Recognition Australia (TRA)

If you are a qualified electrical tradesperson from a country other than those recognised by VETASSESS, you can obtain an Australian Recognised Trade Certificate (ARTCs) from Trade Recognition Australia to assist in your application for a restricted electrical workers registration. TRA will assess your current qualifications/experience and technical skills and list the units of competency that you have completed on the ARTC.
Once you have been issued with an Australian Recognised Trade Certificate, you may then make an application for a workers registration with our office.
If you are recognised as an Electrician, Electrical Fitter or Electrical Mechanic, you may apply for a restricted registration with the condition: any electrical work under the supervision of a registered electrical worker.
To have this limitation removed or to apply for an unrestricted registration, you will also be required to provide evidence of completion of the approved AS/NZS 3000:2007 Wiring Rules course and exam.
To obtain your unrestricted Electrical licence you will need an appropriate Certificate recognising your skills eg ARTC,ART,VETASSESS or similar you will also need to complete what’s known as the gap training of approximately 160 hours

Over a period of 12 months with No Breaks in employment
To complete the process you will need to be employed, carry a work place log and have a restricted electrical licence (fees for the licence are in the area of $300.00 dollars)
For further information on the AS/NZS 3000:2007 Wiring Rules course and exam you may wish to contact either of the following organisations:
Regency Institute of TAFE (08) 8348 4426
PEER Tec (08) 8348 1200
Old Aug 6th 2009, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

jonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura about

I thought once you had your ARTC then you could just do your wiring rules course then apply for the license!!! No gap training. When did this all change??
Why would you even need an ARTC if you still have to do the same gap training as if you only had the Vetassess cert?????????? Sounds like bullsh1t to me.

Sounds like TRA are just trying to drum up some work thats not actually required.

jonsparx;

i got this from the TRA people

From the Trade Recognition Australia (TRA)

If you are a qualified electrical tradesperson from a country other than those recognised by VETASSESS, you can obtain an Australian Recognised Trade Certificate (ARTCs) from Trade Recognition Australia to assist in your application for a restricted electrical workers registration. TRA will assess your current qualifications/experience and technical skills and list the units of competency that you have completed on the ARTC.
Once you have been issued with an Australian Recognised Trade Certificate, you may then make an application for a workers registration with our office.
If you are recognised as an Electrician, Electrical Fitter or Electrical Mechanic, you may apply for a restricted registration with the condition: any electrical work under the supervision of a registered electrical worker.
To have this limitation removed or to apply for an unrestricted registration, you will also be required to provide evidence of completion of the approved AS/NZS 3000:2007 Wiring Rules course and exam.
To obtain your unrestricted Electrical licence you will need an appropriate Certificate recognising your skills eg ARTC,ART,VETASSESS or similar you will also need to complete what’s known as the gap training of approximately 160 hours

Over a period of 12 months with No Breaks in employment
To complete the process you will need to be employed, carry a work place log and have a restricted electrical licence (fees for the licence are in the area of $300.00 dollars)
For further information on the AS/NZS 3000:2007 Wiring Rules course and exam you may wish to contact either of the following organisations:
Regency Institute of TAFE (08) 8348 4426
PEER Tec (08) 8348 1200
Old Aug 6th 2009, 7:20 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

I thought once you had your ARTC then you could just do your wiring rules course then apply for the license!!! No gap training. When did this all change??
Why would you even need an ARTC if you still have to do the same gap training as if you only had the Vetassess cert?????????? Sounds like bullsh1t to me.

Sounds like TRA are just trying to drum up some work thats not actually required.
nothings changed jonsparx you have always needed to do the permit to train, log book and au wiring course in qld and most other states regardless of how you "got" into the country whether that be skilled via vetts, tra or spouse visa,

we have found that by gaining an artc you can "short circuit" ( forgive the pun ) the system and get licenced in approx 3 weeks via peer
at the end of the day its the rules that they apply in order to gain a license and thees rules apply to every one ( including aussies )

regards steve
Old Aug 6th 2009, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

minty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really nice

I guess another way of looking at all of this is that if it was easy to get out there and work then part of the reason that we are all trying so hard to get out there would be gone. I wish the UK system was more stringent. No one said it was easy but im sure in the long run it will all be worth it.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

3 weeks at PEER I can handle no problem, its the 12 month prov license / logbook I was shocked ( forgive the pun! ) about
Old Aug 6th 2009, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

minty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really nice

3 weeks at PEER I can handle no problem, its the 12 month prov license / logbook I was shocked ( forgive the pun! ) about
Hiho hiho its of to peer we go.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve`o
well said mate, you said it all in a few lines it has taken me War & Peace to explain to people they must now do the log book & GAP

thanks steve

art

ps

caught many fish mate in that super boat.??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.