Disillusioned

Old Jul 27th 2009, 11:29 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Disillusioned

Hi,

Just been reading on another forum how they are closing the peer route down for a WA licence and suspect other states may be following suit.

I am getting peeved now and thinking of binning the whole idea, I have a well paid job and reasonable financial security at present. I am wondering if they really want sparks over there as they seem to be making it as awkward and arduous as possible to get get your licence once you've managed to get across, IMO it should be abundantly clear if they expect you to work as an unskilled apprentice for 12 months on crap money before getting a licence once you have passed through the Immigration process. The visa and moving costs will seem cheap compared to the loss of earnings for this 12 month period and thats if you can even get somebody to take you on to be supervised constantly. My response to the post on the other forum is below.

Question is, is there a hole that needs plugging?

Firstly
There is an assessment for migration purposes where you either have to fullfill arduous requirements for the special class assessment or pass a practical assessment for the general electrician assessment. For the record both are graded to ensure you can carry out the work of a Australian tradesman, special class being that you can carry out general electrician duties as well as special class duties.

Secondly
The ARTC assessment where you have to submit everything other that a pound of flesh and a litre of blood to justify why you should be given this recognition (which is effectively what you have already been told you have but only for migration purposes?)

Thirdly
The ARTC is used a prequal for the wiring rules course which takes 2 days and has an exam that takes the best part of a day to complete, this is to ensure you are up to speed with the Aussie regs and assumes that the 2 previous stages of assessment have confirmed your abilities to physically do the work.

Personally I am considering binning the whole thing as if the peer route is closed, I am going to struggle to be able to set myself up from scratch and gaurantee my families livelihood while working as an apprentoid for 12 months - this is even if I can get someone to take me on! I think that enough is enough and I am getting seriously dissillusioned with the whole process now, perhaps the solution is to switch my SS to South Australia where a more reasonable approach seems to be the order of the day.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

jamiefrod will become famous soon enoughjamiefrod will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Disillusioned

Originally Posted by rinkerdink
Hi,

Just been reading on another forum how they are closing the peer route down for a WA licence and suspect other states may be following suit.

I am getting peeved now and thinking of binning the whole idea, I have a well paid job and reasonable financial security at present. I am wondering if they really want sparks over there as they seem to be making it as awkward and arduous as possible to get get your licence once you've managed to get across, IMO it should be abundantly clear if they expect you to work as an unskilled apprentice for 12 months on crap money before getting a licence once you have passed through the Immigration process. The visa and moving costs will seem cheap compared to the loss of earnings for this 12 month period and thats if you can even get somebody to take you on to be supervised constantly. My response to the post on the other forum is below.

Firstly
There is an assessment for migration purposes where you either have to fullfill arduous requirements for the special class assessment or pass a practical assessment for the general electrician assessment. For the record both are graded to ensure you can carry out the work of a Australian tradesman, special class being that you can carry out general electrician duties as well as special class duties.

Secondly
The ARTC assessment where you have to submit everything other that a pound of flesh and a litre of blood to justify why you should be given this recognition (which is effectively what you have already been told you have but only for migration purposes?)

Thirdly
The ARTC is used a prequal for the wiring rules course which takes 2 days and has an exam that takes the best part of a day to complete, this is to ensure you are up to speed with the Aussie regs and assumes that the 2 previous stages of assessment have confirmed your abilities to physically do the work.

Personally I am considering binning the whole thing as if the peer route is closed, I am going to struggle to be able to set myself up from scratch and gaurantee my families livelihood while working as an apprentoid for 12 months - this is even if I can get someone to take me on! I think that enough is enough and I am getting seriously dissillusioned with the whole process now, perhaps the solution is to switch my SS to South Australia where a more reasonable approach seems to be the order of the day.
Having gone the PEER route to a WA licence myself, I cant see how they can do this. You do PEER you get a SA licence which they have to give mutual recognition to. I thought the whole point of mutual recognition was because a national scheme was on its way in.

I feel for you mate, I'd never go thru that bullshit again but it's all worth it when its all over
Old Jul 27th 2009, 5:38 pm
Peace Frog

dodge26 will become famous soon enoughdodge26 will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Firstly

Secondly

Thirdly

Have to agree with everything you said, I'm going through the same process myself, I'm waiting for a visa so I can do my ARTC but like you say its all brain damage material...Didn't know new cross was in Kent...
Old Jul 27th 2009, 5:41 pm
Account Closed

jasonlec is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Firstly

Secondly

Thirdly

Same here, no rush at the mo, but dont get all th bullsh1t about needing trades, then ******* people about. I will go through the motions, no probs, but best be worth it. Like you say, why give up a well paid job if all you get is aload of ****** bollax when in oz.
Am off for a reckie in september for 5 weeks, if its pants then al bin it, no probs. Company I work for pay well look after me, dont mind 5 week paid holidays, so might be a stay here an holiday in oz Will see
Old Jul 27th 2009, 5:42 pm
Account Closed

Rapid edit mod
Old Jul 27th 2009, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

minty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by shar07
I am a bit scared of saying this in case I get my head bitten off by you big strong Electricians lol but here goes. We have just got back from Perth (OH is an Electrician and passed Vetassess). I have been in touch with Energy Safety and they have told me that OH can apply through them for the licence, OH has to fill in application form send it to them and when he arrives in Perth book himself on the 2 week course and when he passes this he will get his licence, no mention of ARTC. So what do you think about that then - I also have spoken to 2 people who have been down this route and they have not done the ARTC and they have their licences. So we are going to go this route and see what happens - if I am wrong then so be it. Thanks for everyones help on the forum it has been helpful.

MY REPLY

Funny you have posted this as i have been doing some phoning around and have been told that the vetassess was put in place for a reason and would soon be recognised in aus. If this is the recognition then good as the vetassess test is a well run test and check of our qualifications.

Sounds about time that something should be put in place to make the jump easier. A two weeks regs course on arivall would make our lives a lot easier.
My fingers are crossed for you and us. Let us know what happens.

Could this be the new way
Old Jul 27th 2009, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

Kirby Reynolds is on a distinguished road

I wish that was true. My assessor from the vetasses practical exam (Eric) told me at the end of the days test, that Vetasses was getting moth balled mid next year. He said that a new system would be put in place. He agreed that its all a money making Scam.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 10:19 am
Peace Frog

dodge26 will become famous soon enoughdodge26 will become famous soon enough

You read one post that gives you a glimmer of hope then the next post strikes you down....don't know what to believe....I think I will continue of just banging my head against the wall and hopefully the pain will stop...
Old Jul 28th 2009, 11:14 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dodge26
Have to agree with everything you said, I'm going through the same process myself, I'm waiting for a visa so I can do my ARTC but like you say its all brain damage material...Didn't know new cross was in Kent...
It's not , I am currently living split between the 2 places
Old Jul 29th 2009, 10:26 am
Just Joined

ganzo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Just received my SS from WA this week so should hopefully have my visa soon. I am in the same predicament as everyone wondering to do the expensive PEER/ARTC/SA License route or just land in WA and take it from there. The 2 weeks gap training sounds great so if anyone finds out if this a goer please keep me posted.

Thanks

Andy
Old Jul 29th 2009, 8:33 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

.[/COLOR]
have you verified this or is it just some ones say so on another forum ??

can you give us a link to the "info" and perhaps some one like arthur who regulalry speaks to peer can find out on our behalf

regards steve
Old Jul 30th 2009, 1:11 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

Originally Posted by steve`o
have you verified this or is it just some ones say so on another forum ??

can you give us a link to the "info" and perhaps some one like arthur who regulalry speaks to peer can find out on our behalf

regards steve
A bit convoluted but there is a link via a thread called electircal fitter what next in the employment forum on pomsinoz.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 2:56 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

A bit convoluted but there is a link via a thread called electircal fitter what next in the employment forum on pomsinoz.
yep just read through it and to be honest i can see their point where "fitters" are concerned, to get classed as a fitter is "usually” but not always an maintenance electrician who in most cases haven’t done much wiring but more repairing of equipment that’s electrical, so to have these people gain a full electrical licence via the back door isn’t really on, perhaps if the likes of peer only allowed students with an artc in electrical mechanics this wouldn’t have been looked at so closely ??

only time will tell but now its been aired i`m sure some states will start amending the rules which is a shame as the mutual recognition was put in place to hlp people move interstate to where the work was
Old Jul 30th 2009, 3:26 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasonlec
Rapid edit mod
Actually its an automatic filter which removes certain words as they are not wanted on BE.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 7:23 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Actually its an automatic filter which removes certain words as they are not wanted on BE.
Techno-tastic!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.