Disillusioned

Old Aug 18th 2009, 12:47 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Disillusioned

right peer have got back to me with this and its totally clear that

YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO LOG BOOK IF YOUR GOING THE ARTC ROUTE AS PER MY PREVIOUS POSTS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: steve [mailto:steve_**************@optusnet.com.au]
Sent: Monday, 17 August 2009 1:58 PM
To: Karen Todd
Subject: Re: FW: Wiring rules course

Hi Karen thanks for getting back to me, can I just clear one point up though?
Do I need to work under supervision and fill in a log book in order to pass the course and get my licence ??
The reason i`m laboring this point is that I've been told by others that's its needed

Thanks again

Steve

Dear Steve

The process that you go through from here in order to get an A class Electrical licence depends on what process you have already been through.
If you migrated to Australia through a Vetassess program then the answer to your log book question is yes. Not only would you need to complete the logbook by working under supervision but there are also a number of courses apart from the Wiring Rules course.
If you migrated to Australia and have applied through Trades Recognition Australia who have issued you a certificate of an electrical fitter or an electrical mechanic, you then are required to complete the Wiring Rules course and any other courses specified by the TRA. You do not need to complete the logbook by working under supervision.

If you have any further questions please contact us on the details provided below.

Kind regards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Monday, 17 August 2009 5:54 PM
To: Gorica Gigovic
Subject: FW: FW: Wiring rules course

Hi Gorica

This came through on Karen's computer.

Thanks
Toni

Karen Todd
Employment Services Administrator

PEER VEET
1042 Port Road
Albert Park SA 5014
Phone +61 8 8348 1200
Fax +61 8 8348 1201
[email protected]

www.peer.com.au

This message contains privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of PEER VEET.

The sender cannot guarantee that this email or any attachment to it is free of computer viruses or other conditions which may damage or interfere with data, hardware or software with which it might be used.
It is sent on the strict condition that the user carries out and relies on its own procedures for ensuring that its use will not interfere with the recipients systems and the recipient assumes all risk of use and absolves the sender of all responsibility for any consequence of its use.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

nigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nice

nice 1 steve`o

that means i`m log book free

karma sent
Old Aug 18th 2009, 12:57 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nigel and wendy
nice 1 steve`o

that means i`m log book free

karma sent
no probs mate
Old Aug 18th 2009, 3:58 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

steve`o;

well done mate this lot has become a blasted nightmare for people.

Art
Old Aug 18th 2009, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

minty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really nice

Steve O, TOP WORK MANY THANKS

Originally Posted by steve`o
right peer have got back to me with this and its totally clear that

YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO LOG BOOK IF YOUR GOING THE ARTC ROUTE AS PER MY PREVIOUS POSTS

From: steve [mailto:steve_**************@optusnet.com.au]
Sent: Monday, 17 August 2009 1:58 PM
To: Karen Todd
Subject: Re: FW: Wiring rules course

Hi Karen thanks for getting back to me, can I just clear one point up though?
Do I need to work under supervision and fill in a log book in order to pass the course and get my licence ??
The reason i`m laboring this point is that I've been told by others that's its needed

Thanks again

Steve

Dear Steve

The process that you go through from here in order to get an A class Electrical licence depends on what process you have already been through.
If you migrated to Australia through a Vetassess program then the answer to your log book question is yes. Not only would you need to complete the logbook by working under supervision but there are also a number of courses apart from the Wiring Rules course.
If you migrated to Australia and have applied through Trades Recognition Australia who have issued you a certificate of an electrical fitter or an electrical mechanic, you then are required to complete the Wiring Rules course and any other courses specified by the TRA. You do not need to complete the logbook by working under supervision.

If you have any further questions please contact us on the details provided below.

Kind regards

Sent: Monday, 17 August 2009 5:54 PM
To: Gorica Gigovic
Subject: FW: FW: Wiring rules course

Hi Gorica

This came through on Karen's computer.

Thanks
Toni

Karen Todd
Employment Services Administrator

PEER VEET
1042 Port Road
Albert Park SA 5014
Phone +61 8 8348 1200
Fax +61 8 8348 1201
[email protected]

www.peer.com.au

This message contains privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of PEER VEET.

The sender cannot guarantee that this email or any attachment to it is free of computer viruses or other conditions which may damage or interfere with data, hardware or software with which it might be used.
It is sent on the strict condition that the user carries out and relies on its own procedures for ensuring that its use will not interfere with the recipients systems and the recipient assumes all risk of use and absolves the sender of all responsibility for any consequence of its use.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

jonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura about

Cheers for your efforts stevo, really appreciated.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 12:53 pm
Peace Frog

dodge26 will become famous soon enoughdodge26 will become famous soon enough

Thats a great help. Thanks.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 5:00 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

great new's for all he 'special class' applicants steve o,

I will now hold my breath for the next wave of denials and door closing rumours concerning this route!

It is a mine field, only trouble is they keep repositioning the mines!
Old Aug 20th 2009, 6:42 pm
Worongary

Originally Posted by rinkerdink
great new's for all he 'special class' applicants steve o,

I will now hold my breath for the next wave of denials and door closing rumours concerning this route!

It is a mine field, only trouble is they keep repositioning the mines!
not only special class mate anyone with an artc can go via this route
so when you have your visa sorted ( vetts, spouse watever ) you apply for an artc as electrical mechanic and do your licence at peer
Old Sep 6th 2009, 4:40 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

Any advance on this latest good news from Steve O?

Expoecting the doom and gloom to descend any day now amid reports they are closing down the PEER route
Old Sep 7th 2009, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

nigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nice

Originally Posted by rinkerdink
Any advance on this latest good news from Steve O?

Expoecting the doom and gloom to descend any day now amid reports they are closing down the PEER route
i take it you are refering to this

http://www.docep.wa.gov.au/EnergySaf...ulletin_47.pdf

read page 5 fully as per my reply to another post here........from what i can gather from what its says its only "electrical fitter" that ETSA are bothered about,besides this is only a bulletin they are loking into so nothing set in stone as yet..............but ..........i could be wrong

i`m booked into peer in 2 weeks,i`m about half way through my workbook now,so i hope they dont change it !!!!!!!!

when i get there i`ll ask what the crack is and post back.

my ARCT is for electrical mechanic by the way.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

Huggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really nice

"If you migrated to Australia and have applied through Trades Recognition Australia who have issued you a certificate of an electrical fitter or an electrical mechanic, you then are required to complete the Wiring Rules course and any other courses specified by the TRA. You do not need to complete the logbook by working under supervision."

Hi - sorry if this sounds thick but is this definitely only if you go the PEER route?

You see, we have moved to Oz now and my husband gained both Vetassess and ARTC quals, he is currently attending a local TAFE (in QLD) doing the Wiring Rules Course and has been given a logbook to complete. He has applied for numerous positions and even got as far as aptitude testing at one place, he keeps getting enquiries from companies asking what his restricted licence entails and then days later receives an e-mail to say he has been unsuccessful without so much as an interview.

I know there are alot of people applying for jobs but it seems like the restricted licence part is scaring potential employers off and it is very frustrating for my husband who is just not used to being stuck at home and having to ask me for money.

I wonder if anyone else is experiencing the same when they apply for jobs?

Thanks

Kat

Last edited by Huggkat; Sep 8th 2009 at 8:36 am. Reason: Too big
Old Sep 8th 2009, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

In WA my OH has sent his Vetassess certificate to Energy Safety, we have received a letter saying everything ok and he has been booked on a 2 week intensive course (i believe wiring regs etc) if he passess this he will get his licence, no log book or anything. Hope this helps people moving to WA who have gone via Vetassess. Obviously unsure of other states

Shar
Old Sep 9th 2009, 12:57 pm
Peace Frog

dodge26 will become famous soon enoughdodge26 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by shar07
In WA my OH has sent his Vetassess certificate to Energy Safety, we have received a letter saying everything ok and he has been booked on a 2 week intensive course (i believe wiring regs etc) if he passess this he will get his licence, no log book or anything. Hope this helps people moving to WA who have gone via Vetassess. Obviously unsure of other states

Shar
That sounds hopeful, I have gone down the Vetasses route myself, I will contact energy safety myself to get some clarification. We are on the verge of giving up, don't believe doing the log book and 12 month training is feasible. Thanks for the information.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

dodge26;

if you have gone down the Vet route there is No option sorry to say however if a company likes your work then even after a short duration they can sign of the log book for you simple as that. the GAP training of 160 hours can be done as projects from home OR, you can do an intense 5 day training course at a recognized Tafe (College).but finding a bloody Tafe close to home may be the problem, so all in all its not to bad, log book may be done quickly & Gap can be done over 5 days of course at a cost how much i have no idea

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.