British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Electricians (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/)
-   -   Crap electrical (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/crap-electrical-814896/)

mcv Nov 12th 2013 4:27 am

Crap electrical

Hey,

Anyone else joined "crap electrical" on Facebook, its got some seriously bad installations, some beyond belief.

Dicko

Jockstar Nov 12th 2013 6:26 am

Re: Crap electrical

Just liked the page.

mcv Nov 12th 2013 7:23 am

Jockstar ,

It makes you wonder whats out there and what the sparks were thinking

Jockstar Nov 12th 2013 7:59 am

Originally Posted by mcv (Post 10987241)
Jockstar ,

It makes you wonder whats out there and what the sparks were thinking

Mate. I moved into the security and fire side of things a few years ago. But we work for the sparkies as they cant do either and get us in. So i see the bottom end to the higher end of things. Some of it is as rough as.

mcv Nov 12th 2013 8:05 am

Jockstar ,

I was trying to get into fire installation work here in Melbourne,I have installed over 50 analog addressable fire systems whilst in the uk. Looks much the same work here, its just getting a start in it. Are there any extra qualifications required. I heard that most installers a'rnt even A grades.

Jockstar Nov 12th 2013 8:20 am

Originally Posted by mcv (Post 10987289)
Jockstar ,

I was trying to get into fire installation work here in Melbourne,I have installed over 50 analog addressable fire systems whilst in the uk. Looks much the same work here, its just getting a start in it. Are there any extra qualifications required. I heard that most installers a'rnt even A grades.

Our main work is intercom systems with access control and CCTV. Fire is something that the company moved into about 3 years ago. I don't think there is any need for an A grade licence. But if u have experience then i cant see how it would be difficult to get into. I have come across alot of Uk and Irish lads who actually install fire.

Deyan Nov 13th 2013 10:41 am

:goodpost:

Yeah, liked the page a few days ago. It's shocking, wondering have did they pass capstone.

btw have you seen a photo of the switchboard with a snake in it? :scaredhair:

nexsuperne Dec 1st 2013 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by Deyan (Post 10989106)
:goodpost:

Yeah, liked the page a few days ago. It's shocking, wondering have did they pass capstone.

btw have you seen a photo of the switchboard with a snake in it? :scaredhair:

That is some kind of lizard, but the other stuff on there is atrocious! I will have no worries about passing the practical if that's the current standard.