Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Couple of questions before sending ARTC app off!

Couple of questions before sending ARTC app off!

Old Sep 26th 2010, 5:31 pm
Just Joined

jon_d_h is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Couple of questions before sending ARTC app off!

Hi

I have got all my work experience, certificates and work references ready and am planning on sending ARTC app off tomorrow. I have just been filling in the Application form and hav come across a few things I am unsure about what needs filling in:

Occupation you are seeking assessment for - I am sure last week I was to put electrical mechanic or electrical fitter but it looks Like it has changed. The drop down menu does not give me either of these choices. I am unsure what to put or what the best thing to put would be?

Address- I have put my UK addres as mine and a friends as where I want ARTC sending. Should I put my friends as my residential address?

Australian visa - I have put 417 WHV as what visa I have, then it asks what subclass visa are you intending on applying for?? Do I just put the same again?

Relevent formal vocational training - I have put HNC in and 17th edition with the training institutes of where I did the courses if this is correct?

Relevent formal skills recognition - I have put nvq3 in engineering maintenence here with EMTA as the skill recognition organisation if this is correct??

Could someone please verify this as I dont have much time left before leaving.

Thanks

Jon
Old Sep 27th 2010, 12:37 am
Just Joined

Warmapple is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Couple of questions before sending ARTC app off!

Originally Posted by jon_d_h
Hi

I have got all my work experience, certificates and work references ready and am planning on sending ARTC app off tomorrow. I have just been filling in the Application form and hav come across a few things I am unsure about what needs filling in:

Occupation you are seeking assessment for - I am sure last week I was to put electrical mechanic or electrical fitter but it looks Like it has changed. The drop down menu does not give me either of these choices. I am unsure what to put or what the best thing to put would be?
Select Electrical Mechanic

Address- I have put my UK addres as mine and a friends as where I want ARTC sending. Should I put my friends as my residential address?
I would put your friends address as your residential address (but check that with others)

Australian visa - I have put 417 WHV as what visa I have, then it asks what subclass visa are you intending on applying for?? Do I just put the same again?
put 417 WHV (I dont know where you have put your visa number elsewhere?)

Relevent formal vocational training - I have put HNC in and 17th edition with the training institutes of where I did the courses if this is correct?
yes

Relevent formal skills recognition - I have put nvq3 in engineering maintenence here with EMTA as the skill recognition organisation if this is correct??
Yes

Could someone please verify this as I dont have much time left before leaving.

Thanks

Jon
Let me know how you get on as I have the same qualifications as yourself and I was classed as an electrical fitter. Dont worry if you are this really isnt the end of the world as people make it out to be.

The options are all still there on the form i downloaded. Mechanic , fitter, etc

http://www.deewr.gov.au/Skills/Progr...AppForm1-8.pdf
Old Sep 27th 2010, 9:01 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Warmapple
Let me know how you get on as I have the same qualifications as yourself and I was classed as an electrical fitter. Dont worry if you are this really isnt the end of the world as people make it out to be.

The options are all still there on the form i downloaded. Mechanic , fitter, etc

http://www.deewr.gov.au/Skills/Progr...AppForm1-8.pdf
Thanks for the reply. I have openend the application up on a different computer and a different application opens?! I will do it this way. I wasnt sure wheater to put my friends address as my residential as I didnt want to lie on the form.

So what I have put in the vocational training and skills is ok?

If someone could verify what address I should use?

Also, it asks, when did I arrive in australia? I wont actually be there until end of october? and what state are you intending to live in? I will be travelling around everywhere and end up in Perth. Should I put where I am going first?

Sorry for all the questions again. I just find this application really hard to understand.

Cheers

Last edited by jon_d_h; Sep 27th 2010 at 9:38 am.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 10:55 am
Just Joined

Where it asks about arrival I am unable to help you as I have just done a years travelling then I settled in Perth then applied for it.

While your travelling my advice is to do the work for the 2nd visa asap then you will not be panicking towards the end. my 2nd year work was one of the most memorable parts of my trip.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 11:57 am
Just Joined

Where it asks about arrival I am unable to help you as I have just done a years travelling then I settled in Perth then applied for it.

While your travelling my advice is to do the work for the 2nd visa asap then you will not be panicking towards the end. my 2nd year work was one of the most memorable parts of my trip.
Thanks again. This has been very helpful.

Hopefully someone else could clear the last questions up before sending it of.

Cheers
Old Sep 27th 2010, 12:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jon_d_h
Thanks again. This has been very helpful.

Hopefully someone else could clear the last questions up before sending it of.

Cheers
Most people I know use an Aus address. On the date question, just put down your expected arrival date and state just put down the one where the address is...and good luck
Old Sep 27th 2010, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Wendy
Most people I know use an Aus address. On the date question, just put down your expected arrival date and state just put down the one where the address is...and good luck
Thanks, 1 last question:

It says:

Proof of any training, skills recognition, apprenticeship or
traineeship, such as certificates or diplomas detailing the
course duration, date of completion, subjects covered,
nature and content of the training and the machines,
tools and equipment on which you were trained.

I am going to provide all my certificates and apprenticeship completion proof. I am also inclueding write ups of jobs I have done inc tools and machinery used. Do I also have to do this for each qualification I have or is what I have good enough?

I do not understand how they want this question answering with proof?

Thanks

Jon
Old Sep 28th 2010, 9:00 am
Just Joined

Thats all I had. infact less as I never did job write ups as my previous employer did a detailed job description
Old Sep 28th 2010, 10:13 am
Just Joined

Thats all I had. infact less as I never did job write ups as my previous employer did a detailed job description
Thanks everyone for the help. The application will be sent of this evening. I think I will use my uk address as my own and have the certificate sent to an Australian address because I wont get there until November anyway. Surely this will be ok.

Thanks

Jon
Old Oct 29th 2010, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

TerryH is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Can anyone tell me what do I put in on the ARTC application when it asks for what Trade I am applying for.
I got my ART back as Special Class Electrician, but can not see it on the drop down menu.
Any help ?
Thank you
Old Oct 31st 2010, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

ericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really nice

Originally Posted by TerryH
Hi

Can anyone tell me what do I put in on the ARTC application when it asks for what Trade I am applying for.
I got my ART back as Special Class Electrician, but can not see it on the drop down menu.
Any help ?
Thank you
Hi, you have two options - Electrical Mechanic or Electrical Fitter.

Good luck
Old Nov 6th 2010, 4:09 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ericks
Hi, you have two options - Electrical Mechanic or Electrical Fitter.

Good luck
apply as electical mechanic mate
Old Nov 6th 2010, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

TerryH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve`o
apply as electical mechanic mate
Thank you.
I will apply as a mechanic.
Darn, they took the special class occupation of the list again. so my application was refused. got to find another way in now.
maybe i'll try for a sponsership, got to look for work now I supose. if that will ever happen.
Chow