Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Could I find answers to my questions please ?

Could I find answers to my questions please ?

Old Feb 1st 2013, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

AHMMED is just really niceAHMMED is just really niceAHMMED is just really niceAHMMED is just really niceAHMMED is just really niceAHMMED is just really niceAHMMED is just really niceAHMMED is just really nice
Default Could I find answers to my questions please ?

Hi mates

I got these questions,could any one give me a short answer of each one please ?

1. Describe why high voltages used in transmission lines ?

2. Some of the main defects which may cause chattering or excessive noise in a contactor with in AC coil are ?

3. Describe the difference between alternating current AC and direct current DC ?

4. Give 2 reasons for the oil in the tank of an oil filled transformer ?

5. What are the effects of having a loss active connection in a power point ?

6. What are the merits / advantages of HRC fuses ?

7. Describe the 3 main methods of tripping actions used in circuit breakers ?

8. State the main use of current transformer ?

9. State what precaution must be taken before removing an ammeter from the secondary circuit of a current transformer ?

10. A portable electric tool and extension lead have been reported as being unsafe . Describe how to correctly test the tool and extension lead including what instrument you would use and what readings you would expect to obtain ?

11. Describe the use for auto transformers during the starting process of an AC motor ?

12. Describe the process to change direction of rotation of a 3 phase squirrel cage induction motor may be reduced ?

13. Describe what effects changing the direction of the currents in either the start or run winding of a 1 phase induction ?

Thanks
Old Feb 1st 2013, 8:13 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Could I find answers to my questions please ?

Originally Posted by AHMMED
Hi mates

I got these questions,could any one give me a short answer of each one please ?

1. Describe why high voltages used in transmission lines ?

2. Some of the main defects which may cause chattering or excessive noise in a contactor with in AC coil are ?

3. Describe the difference between alternating current AC and direct current DC ?

4. Give 2 reasons for the oil in the tank of an oil filled transformer ?

5. What are the effects of having a loss active connection in a power point ?

6. What are the merits / advantages of HRC fuses ?

7. Describe the 3 main methods of tripping actions used in circuit breakers ?

8. State the main use of current transformer ?

9. State what precaution must be taken before removing an ammeter from the secondary circuit of a current transformer ?

10. A portable electric tool and extension lead have been reported as being unsafe . Describe how to correctly test the tool and extension lead including what instrument you would use and what readings you would expect to obtain ?

11. Describe the use for auto transformers during the starting process of an AC motor ?

12. Describe the process to change direction of rotation of a 3 phase squirrel cage induction motor may be reduced ?

13. Describe what effects changing the direction of the currents in either the start or run winding of a 1 phase induction ?

Thanks
Google?

Why are you asking?
Old Feb 1st 2013, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

AHMMED is just really niceAHMMED is just really niceAHMMED is just really niceAHMMED is just really niceAHMMED is just really niceAHMMED is just really niceAHMMED is just really niceAHMMED is just really nice

Just asking ! Thanks
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

I want to do some Electrical course .
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 10:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Are these questions in an exam or test you need to take? Because that could be called cheating if so.
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

colinmaclec is an unknown quantity at this point

Impersonating an electrician is a very serious offence which carries a 5 year prison sentence
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

r10ley is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I believe actually trying to answer his questions would be far more productive.......

Ill start,

1 - High voltage means less current, which means less in the way of loss due to heat etc.
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 12:12 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by r10ley
Yeah I believe actually trying to answer his questions would be far more productive.......

Ill start,

1 - High voltage means less current, which means less in the way of loss due to heat etc.
Productive for what - I tried it - google has the answers, but if you don't know, being given the answer is not really productive. If you at least search for the answer on the net you might remember some. But for what - if someone is trying to take a course, you would expect the course to teach you what you need to know. If you get onto a course because someone else told you the answer, you'll be out of your depth pretty quick.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Are these questions in an exam or test you need to take? Because that could be called cheating if so.
These are for theory test but not for cheating

Originally Posted by colinmaclec
Impersonating an electrician is a very serious offence which carries a 5 year prison sentence
I know that

Originally Posted by r10ley

Ill start,

thanks mate for your answer

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Productive for what - I tried it - google has the answers, but if you don't know, being given the answer is not really productive. If you at least search for the answer on the net you might remember some. But for what - if someone is trying to take a course, you would expect the course to teach you what you need to know. If you get onto a course because someone else told you the answer, you'll be out of your depth pretty quick.
I know can Google help me but I don't have 2 much times to find all of them

Please guys if you have answers that's ok and thanks , but if not please leave this page and keep going

cheers
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 2:50 pm

I know can Google help me but I don't have 2 much times to find all of them
You obviously have enough time, because it's two days since you posted the questions - it was thirteen questions - maybe an hour tops to find the answers yourself.

Can you answer any of those questions yourself?
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

You obviously have enough time, because it's two days since you posted the questions - it was thirteen questions - maybe an hour tops to find the answers yourself.

Can you answer any of those questions yourself?
Old.sparkles
I got all the answers ,I'm not waiting you to answer
me .

It's not Court
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 9:33 pm

Old.sparkles
I got all the answers ,I'm not waiting you to answer
me .

It's not Court
No - and maybe I was being mean.

But I remember you from last year, and that you were a qualified electrician with many years experience, and thought that some of those questions you should have been able to answer for yourself.

Did you manage to get you ARTC - or is this part of that process?
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

No - and maybe I was being mean.

But I remember you from last year, and that you were a qualified electrician with many years experience, and thought that some of those questions you should have been able to answer for yourself.

Did you manage to get you ARTC - or is this part of that process?
No you are not remember me
you found it in my threads
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 10:42 pm

No you are not remember me
you found it in my threads
No I remember you because you wanted help with skills assessment, and needed help finding work and I suggested you needed to improve your English (you posted in the jobs offered not wanted). I could just as easy look it up but I have a good memory too. You were in Adelaide which is where I'm headed, you also spoke to PEER which is where I did my wiring rules, and as I said, was looking for help with skills assessments, finding fault in a practical and with finding work.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

No I remember you because you wanted help with skills assessment, and needed help finding work and I suggested you needed to improve your English (you posted in the jobs offered not wanted). I could just as easy look it up but I have a good memory too. You were in Adelaide which is where I'm headed, you also spoke to PEER which is where I did my wiring rules, and as I said, was looking for help with skills assessments, finding fault in a practical and with finding work.
Yes that's wright,all these were in my threads, doesn't matter

what do you want to no ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.