IS THIS CORRECT?

Old Oct 2nd 2007, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

jam eater is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IS THIS CORRECT?

please correct me if ive got this wrong, just visited vetassess website to start
my application and looked at what it is going to cost to get an assessment,
1 basic assessment free
2 paper based $600
3 practical exam $1600
I think at this stage i would be elligable to apply for visa,but still not able to work as spark in oz?
and my trade doent appear on sol
CONFUSED ALREADY
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 11:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IS THIS CORRECT?

Originally Posted by jam eater
please correct me if ive got this wrong, just visited vetassess website to start
1 basic assessment free
2 paper based $600
3 practical exam $1600
I think at this stage i would be elligable to apply for visa,but still not able to work as spark in oz?
CONFUSED ALREADY
Yes, those fees are correct. The vetassess assessment will provide you with the necessary paperwork to gain a 'provisional licence'. Because it's new, I'm not really sure what you will need to do once here. but they should tell you when you get your assessment back.

Electricians are on the SOL and MODL lists. It carries 60 points for the occupation and also you can claim the extra points for it being on the MODL.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

Hi wendy just been back to my online application with vetassess and in stage 3 when it ask for occupation from the drop down list it doesnt mention electrician anywhere can you help please
Old Oct 9th 2007, 10:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi wendy just been back to my online application with vetassess and in stage 3 when it ask for occupation from the drop down list it doesnt mention electrician anywhere can you help please

I can't - when we applied it was through the TRA so I have no experience with the Vetassess process. Only things I can thinkof is to either e-mail them or post on the immigration part of the site and ask there, see if anyone els can help
Old Oct 10th 2007, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Brigall is an unknown quantity at this point

Have not seen the new Vetassess paper work, but check under electrical mechanic, that is what an electrician is called in Oz
Old Oct 11th 2007, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

Hi Jam eater we are going through vetassess my OH is an electrician, we are going through an agent and he says it is there under General Electrician, hope this helps and good luck.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

hi thanks shar . Ihave seen it on lists when i look at different websites but it doesnt appear in the online vetassess application drop down menu on page 3 of your application . We are fast coming to the conclusion that an agent may be our best option , does yours sort all of the trade stuff out?
cheers jam
Old Oct 11th 2007, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

Hi jam eater we were one of the unlucky ones who had our TRA sent back so all we have had to do for Vetassess is fill in the evidence form and send everything that we had for our TRA ie. references for old employers and what OH does now,tools and about his in-house training and sent his city&guilds certs etc etc, the agent then fills in app form, puts it all together and sends it. We are just waiting now to see if OH will be called for skills assessment.
Old Oct 12th 2007, 3:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Journeyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of light

1 basic assessment free
2 paper based $600
3 practical exam $1600
CONFUSED ALREADY
WOW, how much, I thought that $450 Cdn was expensive
Old Oct 12th 2007, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Tintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud of

1 basic assessment free
2 paper based $600
3 practical exam $1600
CONFUSED ALREADY
Soooooooooooooo glad I got mine to the TRA before the new systen came in
Old Oct 12th 2007, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

thats the way rub it in lol, trust me to have missed the boat
Old Oct 12th 2007, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud of

thats the way rub it in lol, trust me to have missed the boat
A bit like we missed the boat with the old Visa due to DHL being late delivering it & now we've had to do the online 176, but s**t happens as they say
Good luck with this long journey you're about to embark on.
Old Oct 12th 2007, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

Thanks , we've decided to use an agent to help us out just received there info ,so need to go through it all and see what it is they do and what i have to do myself.
Old Oct 12th 2007, 1:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks , we've decided to use an agent to help us out just received there info ,so need to go through it all and see what it is they do and what i have to do myself.

Mostly, you'll do most of the work, but they'll be able to tell you if it will pass or not.

I know people that have done it all themselves first time and passed, but I also know people that have done it themselves and failed, some more than once.

I only know a few people that have failed first time when using an agent though.

If you are unsure of anything then my personal opinion is that an agent is worth their weight in gold
Old Oct 12th 2007, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Wendy, theres lots of good advice on this forum but with a busy work and family life i just dont seem to get the time to pick all the bits from all of the threads.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.