Confused/Disillusioned Part2

Old May 22nd 2010, 2:33 am
Just Joined

whv_sparky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Confused/Disillusioned Part2

Hello all

After going through a lot of the threads on this forum over the past few days,, i've gone from curiousity, to confusion, to pulling my hair out, and back again!!

I'm sorry if i'm asking the same questions, or too many but, it's tough when different people are in different situations.

Firstly, starting as a TA next week, need to get the ball rolling on full licence towards permanant visa.

I'm irish, in brisbane, on the start of my 2nd whv

Can I get fully licenced on this visa?

I'm thinking ARTC, then PEER.

I don't have 7 years experience to qualify for artc, does this matter?
(I'm fully qualified in ireland, and would call myself a competent sparky)

Is the PEER route still open,, or is there an easier way to get the licence in QLD.

Thanks in advance.
Old May 23rd 2010, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Confused/Disillusioned Part2

Originally Posted by whv_sparky
Hello all

After going through a lot of the threads on this forum over the past few days,, i've gone from curiousity, to confusion, to pulling my hair out, and back again!!

I'm sorry if i'm asking the same questions, or too many but, it's tough when different people are in different situations.

Firstly, starting as a TA next week, need to get the ball rolling on full licence towards permanant visa.

Is the PEER route still open,, or is there an easier way to get the licence in QLD.

Thanks in advance.
Hi there,
The TRA website states that persons on a WHV are eligible to apply for an ARTC. The PEER route ,as far as I'm aware from other posts on this site and others is still available as long as you are classed as an electrical mechanic and NOT an electrical fitter. If you have served and completed an apprenticeship then it is not critical to have 7 years experience.
As Steve O regularly points out it is worth contacting Chris Williamson at
www.qet.edu.auHe wrote back to me and spoke of a 3 month time frame to obtaining a full A grade licence although this is dependent on finding a job for the necessary work experience.
Hope this helps . Regards Derren

Last edited by derren7; May 23rd 2010 at 12:40 pm. Reason: mis spelling
Old May 24th 2010, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

the dooners is on a distinguished road

Hello all

Thanks in advance.
Just spoke to my mate he's on WHV and he's got his ARTC and he's going to PEER in June. To do the course.
Old May 27th 2010, 6:24 am
Just Joined

whv_sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys,, think the artc is gonna be the hard part, gettin all the paper work together,

will i have to get a justice of the peace to sign everything?
Old May 27th 2010, 6:50 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys,, think the artc is gonna be the hard part, gettin all the paper work together,

will i have to get a justice of the peace to sign everything?
you wont want to be sending original copies of certs etc so yes you`ll have to copy and get them signed by a local GP
most malls have one and usually free