Claiming tax back ?

Old Aug 6th 2007, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

andy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to all
Default Claiming tax back ?

Hi
Do any of you know if hub can claim for the exams and licence? I've got confused and can't make up my mind.
Many thank
Elaine
Old Aug 6th 2007, 1:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Claiming tax back ?

Originally Posted by andy w
Hi
Do any of you know if hub can claim for the exams and licence? I've got confused and can't make up my mind.
Many thank
Elaine
In Oz? Yes.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 1:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

You can claim some of the study fees as a reduction on your taxable income, we got $260 from the $510 it cost us. I'm not sure if the $250 that you can't claim for applies to all states though

You can claim all of the licence fee as a reduction to your taxable income though. You must keep receipts, and they need to be kept for 5 years.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 6:57 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
You can claim some of the study fees as a reduction on your taxable income, we got $260 from the $510 it cost us. I'm not sure if the $250 that you can't claim for applies to all states though

You can claim all of the licence fee as a reduction to your taxable income though. You must keep receipts, and they need to be kept for 5 years.
did you claim for the regs etc from sia ??
Old Aug 6th 2007, 7:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
did you claim for the regs etc from sia ??

No, I didn't think you could seen as we bought them before we actually got here. I never asked though, as I didn't have any receipts. I think you can if you bought them in the relevant tax year.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 11:38 pm
Banned

Mr Nice is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wendy
No, I didn't think you could seen as we bought them before we actually got here. I never asked though, as I didn't have any receipts. I think you can if you bought them in the relevant tax year.
Yes If was in the tax year fully claimmable ..