British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Electricians (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/)
-   -   city and guilds syllabus (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/city-guilds-syllabus-514870/)

cjgoodall Feb 16th 2008 6:54 pm

city and guilds syllabus

hi,

can anybody help me with a copy of the city and guilds syllabus for 236 part 1&2, i have downloaded the part 'c' sylabus but the other bits are not available to download as they dont do this course anymore.

cheers

chris

hunt66 Feb 16th 2008 9:46 pm

Re: city and guilds syllabus

Originally Posted by cjgoodall (Post 5942166)
hi,

can anybody help me with a copy of the city and guilds syllabus for 236 part 1&2, i have downloaded the part 'c' sylabus but the other bits are not available to download as they dont do this course anymore.

cheers

chris

Hi Chris, i have sylabus 1983-1984 & 1986-1987, which one would you like me to send you.

cjgoodall Feb 17th 2008 3:34 pm

thanks for the reply hunt66, i have sent you a PM.

chris

steve`o Feb 19th 2008 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by cjgoodall (Post 5945347)
thanks for the reply hunt66, i have sent you a PM.

chris

this is what i sent if its of any use ;)

I have taken the following information in regards to my City & Guild qualifications
from the City & Guilds Web page www.city-and-guilds.co.uk

Electrical Installation

Award Number : 2360 parts 1 & 2
Award Type : Vocational
Level(s) : Levels 2-3
City & Guilds

About the qualification
These qualifications are intended for those involved in the electrical contracting industry. They provide the skills and knowledge necessary for installation of wiring systems and other electrical equipment, and are available in three parts - Parts 1 and 2, and Course C. Course C covers skills for those who are required to plan and supervise work. The award is recognised as a technical certificate for modern apprenticeships.

Certificate in the Requirements for Electrical Installation (BS7671 16th Edition )

Award Number : 2380
Level(s) : Level 3
City & Guilds

About the qualification
This scheme is aimed at practising electricians with relevant experience and is intended to ensure that they comply with the format, content and applications of the requirements for Electrical Installations BS7671 16th edition.The scheme covers topics such as protection for safety, selection and erection of equipment, and inspection and testing to meet the standards of the IEE Wiring Regulations. Successful learners could progress to our qualifications in Electrical Installations (2360), in Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations (2391) or in Design, Erection and Verification of Electrical Installations (2400).

Design, Erection and Verification of Electrical Installations

Award Number : 2400
Level(s) : Level 3
City & Guilds

About the qualification
This scheme is intended for people employed in electrical contracting companies who have responsibility for the quality of design, specification, installation and inspection, and testing processes. It addresses, in particular, the implications of the BS7671 requirements.

cjgoodall Feb 21st 2008 5:24 pm

thanks for your replay steve. Hunt66 it would be great if you could send me the 86-87 syllabus.

cheers

chris

hunt66 Feb 21st 2008 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by cjgoodall (Post 5965294)
thanks for your replay steve. Hunt66 it would be great if you could send me the 86-87 syllabus.

cheers

chris

Hi Chris, have sent you syllabus.

Stev'o, what information did you put in your ARTC? hoping to get mine started soon. Cheers
Dave.

steve`o Feb 21st 2008 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by hunt66 (Post 5965450)
Hi Chris, have sent you syllabus.

Stev'o, what information did you put in your ARTC? hoping to get mine started soon. Cheers
Dave.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...36&postcount=2 ;)

Janna and Nick Feb 22nd 2008 12:35 pm

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by cjgoodall (Post 5965294)

cheers

chris

Hi Chris,

This is what I downloaded of the C&G website. This is what we'll use for my OH application.

Janna:)

cjgoodall Feb 22nd 2008 6:12 pm

janna,

thanks for your reply. I have got the syllabus I need now thanks to hunt66. I am probably a bit older than your OH as I require the 236 part 1&2 not the 2360.

thanks anyway

chris

Janna and Nick Feb 22nd 2008 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by cjgoodall (Post 5969902)
janna,

thanks for your reply. I have got the syllabus I need now thanks to hunt66. I am probably a bit older than your OH as I require the 236 part 1&2 not the 2360.

thanks anyway

chris

No worries, someone else might find it useful!

Good luck with your application.

Janna
:)

steve`o Feb 22nd 2008 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by Janna and Nick (Post 5968707)
Hi Chris,

This is what I downloaded of the C&G website. This is what we'll use for my OH application.

Janna:)

where`s wends when you need her eh :rofl:

wendy dear can you get these put on a sticky at the top as they will be very useful ;)

Wendy Feb 22nd 2008 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by steve`o (Post 5970390)
where`s wends when you need her eh :rofl:

wendy dear can you get these put on a sticky at the top as they will be very useful ;)

Done.

Thanks Janna, Karma sent to you :)

Chris Ball Jun 29th 2008 8:52 am

Does anyone have a syllabus for the 16th edition 2380 (pre 2001), and the inspection and testing 2391, i would gladly buy a copy if any one has these. They are £34 each off the city and guilds i would be willing to share costs if anyone is interested.

Kevin S Jun 29th 2008 10:07 am

Hello All,

I had some input from a bloke with knowledge on how the ARTC system works, he told me not to include any syllabus with my entry, this is because they know what is required for each certificate and each level, i went to him with a hope he could do something with my qualifications , they are nowhere near conventional however they are electrically based. i should find out if this was good advice within the week. He did however, insist that my work history was fully accounted for and that as many references as possible were entered, he also stated that my 16th edition would not make any difference and my dipolma in Electrical Engineering would count towards my assessment, it would only show that i have continued with my studies. There is alot of good information within these forums but alot of hard research show be done if you are going to use it.

I will post my result, good or bad when it arrives

Regards

Kevin

jimbo2178 Jul 10th 2008 9:39 am

can anyone help me on finding infomation on the course syllabus for the 2360 electrical installation part 1 and 2?