Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Can I get into Australia with HNC electrical

Can I get into Australia with HNC electrical

Old Sep 7th 2016, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

Jregis94 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can I get into Australia with HNC electrical

Hello, I have read through many forums and getting really confused as to weather a HNC in electrical/electronic engineering is recognized on Australia? I've just completed an appreciateship as a electrical technician in a factory and now they are paying for the HNC and will
Finish by Jan 2018. I know it's 18months away but would like to find out ASAP if I'm wasting my time or weather it's going to take a lot longer to get a degree?
Old Sep 7th 2016, 3:10 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I get into Australia with HNC electrical

Originally Posted by Jregis94
Hello, I have read through many forums and getting really confused as to weather a HNC in electrical/electronic engineering is recognized on Australia? I've just completed an appreciateship as a electrical technician in a factory and now they are paying for the HNC and will
Finish by Jan 2018. I know it's 18months away but would like to find out ASAP if I'm wasting my time or weather it's going to take a lot longer to get a degree?
A HNC is recognised as a diploma level qualification. It is above the level required for an electrician, but if you have completed a recognised apprenticeship that would be okay most likely.

If you wanted to go to Uni later, a diploma level qualification will get you entry.