Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Change of mind Canada instead!

Change of mind Canada instead!

Old Jan 22nd 2013, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

eire23 is just really niceeire23 is just really niceeire23 is just really niceeire23 is just really niceeire23 is just really niceeire23 is just really niceeire23 is just really niceeire23 is just really nice
Default Change of mind Canada instead!

Hey all. I was on this last year and I got some great advice ended up getting my Australian Trade cert but had a change of plan and went back to do an electrical engineering degree.

Here's the twist I now have 4 months off every summer and a Canadian girlfriend who is also heading back there for the summer so as I can get a two year work visa I figured I may as well go out for the summer.

I assume the situation is the same as Australia ie exam required and not much work available without the cert! From reading on here I found a good bit of information but I have a few questions.

1: Is it maily local regulations in the exam? To be honest the more electrical theory the better for me after all the time I spent at it the last two years

2: Any good study material/books to buy for it?

3: Any other good advice?