cayman islands

Old Jul 23rd 2013, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

lowans1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default cayman islands

Hi

I have just accepted a offer of employment in grand cayman as a service electrician. Has anyone worked there that could offer any advise or experiences.

Cheers
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

Chel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cayman islands

Hi, have you made the move over yet? If so how have you found it.. We moved here 6 months ago, for my work. My hubbie is an electrician and struggling to get a foot in the door, so I'd be interested to hear how you're getting on
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 11:46 pm
Just Joined

Hi
Yes i moved here last saturday. First week has been excellent love the place. My wife and little boy who is 2 are moving over on 11th october. Has your hubby had no luck, the only way i got over here was i was recommended by a friend who was good friends with a big employer over here. How long has your hubby been a electrician for.
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

Chel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya, glad your first week over has gone well . How's the house hunting going?

Nope, hubbies had no luck at all, it's definitely who you know over here, and even with the contacts I'm making through work, there's been nothing. He's been an electrician all his working life, 20+ years now! got experience of electrics, alarms, CCTv, fire systems etc. but just not getting any response from anyone.
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 1:50 am
Just Joined

It defo is who you know over here. House hunting is complete already, moving in on the 1st of october place called hidden garden have you heard of it. I Will private msg you some details dont know how much use they will be as I dont have many connections yet over here. Cheers
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 1:56 am
Forum Regular

You have been busy! I know secret gardens, but can't place hidden gardens?

Have you started work yet or is that tomorrow?

M
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 2:16 am
Just Joined

Hi

Hidden garden is at the bottom of secret garden access via the same drive. Started work last monday and was working yesterday and this morning so only had this afternoon to see some of he island. I love it already.
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

Ahh yes, in which case I know where it is, and know some people living on secret gardens too

If you need any help finding your feet or anything let me know. It's all still very fresh lol
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 2:31 am
Just Joined

Thats great i will keep in touch. I have private messaged you details. Cheers
Old Nov 5th 2013, 12:00 am
Just Joined

sparkyus is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: cayman islands

Lowans,

Hope you are enjoying the Cayman Islands so far!
I am from the US and have been reading about working and living in the Cayman Islands and would love to hear your experience so far.
I have been reaching out to a few electrical contractors down there to get a good glimpse into the work picture. I have a lot of experience in solar over the past few years and GC is a GREAT place for solar, thanks to the length of daily sunlight.
What kind of projects are you working on?

Thanks in advance!