Canadian Wiring Code

Old Nov 10th 2006, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

Philwill is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canadian Wiring Code

Hallo all, me and the Missus are going to Canada again this coming week. We've been waiting on our Permanent VISA for over 18 months and have applied for a Temporary VISA to get the Permanent one Fast-tracked. On Tuesday/Wednesday I'll be taking my Canadian Wiring Code exam in Toronto, has anybody here done the exam and how did you find it? I've heard that its tough and so for the last two weeks I've spent over 2 hours a day going through the Code to get a feel for the Book.

Anyone with any experience in this area if you could tell me what it was like I'd be interested to hear from you.

Cheers, Philwill
Old Jan 1st 2007, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

mport343 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Canadian Wiring Code

hello,i'm a spark in nottingham and am considering moving to alberta,i was wondering where you got your canadian regs from and which 1 it is,as i've noticed that there seems to be quite alot of different ones and i'm not sure which to get,hope your exam went well,thanks.
Old Jan 1st 2007, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

Well, I was sent Canadian Electrical Code Part One nineteenth Edition.
I took the exam in Toronto where I could register and have my Certicates and a Reference off my previous Employer checked to see if I'm eligible for the exam. There were two exams, one was Construction & Maintenance, the other was Industrial. Apparently my Reference wasn't in-depth enough and I ended up taking Construction. I failed the exam with a Grade of 52% out of a needed 70. I've since been sent a "Practice" exam which helps with some of the Working Practices and bits of Equipment etc that I'm not familiar with.
My advice is if you are interested then take the exam in another Province. In Toronto it costs $100 instead of $400, you can then take the Exam anytime on a first-come-first-served basis. When I took mine I didn't get in on the day I wanted even though I went over an hour before the centre opened, there are two exams per day with twenty seats each sitting. The day I managed to get in I turned up at 5:15am and I was still number 12 on the list, by 7am there were over 50 people in line. It was a very very long morning seeing as how I didn't sit the exam til 9:30am and I think eventually I was fatigued from standing outside for over three hours not too mention frozen to the bone.
Go Alberta and pay the extra but have it stress-free and pass first time.
I know your question was straight forward but I thought I'd share what was a crazy experience with people who are looking at taking the exam too.
Old Jan 7th 2007, 12:35 pm
spring is coming yeha

steved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nice

Phillwill just seen that you unfortunately did not pass your exam, sorry to hear it, would there be any chance of you emailing me a copy of the practice exam, as i said on my other posting i am looking at taking the exam Nov/Dec time. I am moving to collingwood ontario, FYI i had heard that there was a test center in Barrie (bout 1hr out of toronto), might be worth checking out to save you waiting in toronto

Thanks

Steve
Old Jan 7th 2007, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

I've been doing some work all over the House so its a bit upside-down at the moment, if I can get my hands on the practice Paperwork I'll see if I can scan it or something.
I'll try and PM you in the next few days.
Old Jan 7th 2007, 4:57 pm
spring is coming yeha

steved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nice

thanks phil
Old Jan 9th 2007, 1:11 pm
Vancouver bound

Dozkat is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Philwill;4240696]Well, I was sent Canadian Electrical Code Part One nineteenth Edition.QUOTE]
Hi Philwill, Been reading your post with interest as I am a Spark but heading to BC. I am presuming that the Canadian Electrical Code Part One nineteenth Edition covers all of Canada and therefore it would apply to the exam that I need to sit in BC?

Last edited by Dozkat; Jan 9th 2007 at 1:13 pm. Reason: Delete unnecessary text
Old Jan 9th 2007, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

Well, I think the Exam might be the same. All these exams have the "Red Seal" moniker on them I think, you just gotta make sure that its the Inter-Provincial exam and that way the qualification will carry from Province to Province.