Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Canada electrician; 9000 hours work experience includes apprenticeship time?

Canada electrician; 9000 hours work experience includes apprenticeship time?

Old Jan 1st 2009, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

lauralil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canada electrician; 9000 hours work experience includes apprenticeship time?

Hi all,

I am hoping that someone could confirm whether or not the 9000 hours work experience includes apprenticeship time?

My partner did 4 days work and 1 day at college for his apprenticeship over 3 years.

I have found 2 conflicting answers to this so was hoping to find some clarification on here before I contact Red Seal.

Thanks everyone

Laura
Old Jan 1st 2009, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

rossef is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Canada electrician; 9000 hours work experience includes apprenticeship time?

yeah it does, i was going to apply for this myself, although the job sounds good and is pretty easy, it is in the middle of nowhere, the money is crap there is no continuity of employement (u could be there for 2 months or 2 years) plus its freezing!

edit - all you need is a letter on headed paper from the company you worked with stating how many hours you done and that you were a good employee... of the folk i know who went a few just forged the papers, because alot of companies can't be bothered with the hassle of researching and writing out an honest letter

Last edited by rossef; Jan 1st 2009 at 7:06 pm.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 5:39 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Canada electrician; 9000 hours work experience includes apprenticeship time?

we are in alberta and the hours that he stated was in actual work, not in apprentaship....

My hubby did 5yrs training back in the uk and then well over the 9000hrs required, if in doubt speak to the body that will be looking at your case
We are in alberta, he has just challenged the red seal exam and passed.......

if you are heading to alberta feel free to PM me and i can help with practise papers or links

good luck