Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Can you work as an electrician on a WHV??

Can you work as an electrician on a WHV??

Old Jul 3rd 2008, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

toes078 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can you work as an electrician on a WHV??

Hey all,

Im still not convinced that I want to go on a Mirgrant visa with DH would rather a working holiday one and apply for the migrant one out there (have been onto mirgrationabroad who said he can if he applies for it it within the first few months of being in aus) if I was willing to stay!!! My question is Can DH work and an electrician on a WHV and If so can we prepare ourselves with courses ect on this side of the globe before we go out???

Thanks

Toes!!!
Old Jul 5th 2008, 1:45 am
Forum Regular

jamiefrod will become famous soon enoughjamiefrod will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Can you work as an electrician on a WHV??

I did exactly the same, and yes you can work as a spark but you still have to get tra, then artc, then do course and get licence. But my main advice would be make sure you apply for your migration no later than 4 months into your whv or it will run out before your permanent visa is granted. Thats whats happened to me and i've had to get sponsorship to carry me through.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 7:43 am
Just Joined

toes078 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can you work as an electrician on a WHV??

Jamie,

You gave me the exact answer I was looking for, thanks a mil, He plans on applying for the mirgration visa (if I decide I like it there) before the 1st 3 months are up. We also have a friend in Aus now so he is going to apply for the artc from here and have it sent to our friends address so at least that will be a start!!!!

Thanks a mil again

Toes x