Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Can I go to WA to get license and NSW to work?

Can I go to WA to get license and NSW to work?

Old Jul 24th 2012, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

Benjammintoo is just really niceBenjammintoo is just really niceBenjammintoo is just really niceBenjammintoo is just really niceBenjammintoo is just really niceBenjammintoo is just really niceBenjammintoo is just really niceBenjammintoo is just really nice
Default Can I go to WA to get license and NSW to work?

Hi all,

I have seen a lot of discussion over getting an A grade license but I'm still not clear what applies to me???

When I get my 175 GSM visa I intend to move towards Sydney. Correct me if I'm wrong but if I get my license there I need to become a Trade Assistant and complete the log book etc. right??? Can take up to 12 months?

If I fly to Perth and stay with friends, can I sit the 2 week course there for my Licence and then fly back to Sydney and start working with it?

What's the best advice for my particular situation??

Can anyone help please?

Thanks, Ben.
Old Sep 1st 2012, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Kirby Reynolds is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Can I go to WA to get license and NSW to work?

Originally Posted by Benjammintoo
Hi all,

I have seen a lot of discussion over getting an A grade license but I'm still not clear what applies to me???

When I get my 175 GSM visa I intend to move towards Sydney. Correct me if I'm wrong but if I get my license there I need to become a Trade Assistant and complete the log book etc. right??? Can take up to 12 months?

If I fly to Perth and stay with friends, can I sit the 2 week course there for my Licence and then fly back to Sydney and start working with it?

What's the best advice for my particular situation??

Can anyone help please?

Thanks, Ben.

No mate. That loop hole was closed on the July 1st. Its gap training all the way now if you have Vettassess.You may be able to apply to TRA if you can be arsed to go down that route. very frustrating!!
Old Sep 4th 2012, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

Benjammintoo is just really niceBenjammintoo is just really niceBenjammintoo is just really niceBenjammintoo is just really niceBenjammintoo is just really niceBenjammintoo is just really niceBenjammintoo is just really niceBenjammintoo is just really nice
Default Re: Can I go to WA to get license and NSW to work?

Originally Posted by Kirby Reynolds
No mate. That loop hole was closed on the July 1st. Its gap training all the way now if you have Vettassess.You may be able to apply to TRA if you can be arsed to go down that route. very frustrating!!
Thanks for the tip. Thought it might be too good to be true!