calling all the sparx

Old Mar 5th 2007, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

tony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nice
Default calling all the sparx

hi all just got here in sydney, well arrived last week but just sobered up from a heavy welcome ceremony!! ok right i know this has probably been asked a million times before but i cant be arsed to drag through old threads in a net cafe! I've got all my papers, refs etc and need to get this licence thing going. Whats the first step? i remember someone saying that i had to send all my papers to adelaide again or something for a class b licence and then do collage for the class a? is this still the case? If anyone can tell me for NSW or better still give me a phone number of some department somewhere i can call to get the full lowdown that would be very much appreciated. No doubt i will be hassling you all soon! Thanx all. t
Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: calling all the sparx

Originally Posted by tony_russell
hi all just got here in sydney, well arrived last week but just sobered up from a heavy welcome ceremony!! ok right i know this has probably been asked a million times before but i cant be arsed to drag through old threads in a net cafe! I've got all my papers, refs etc and need to get this licence thing going. Whats the first step? i remember someone saying that i had to send all my papers to adelaide again or something for a class b licence and then do collage for the class a? is this still the case? If anyone can tell me for NSW or better still give me a phone number of some department somewhere i can call to get the full lowdown that would be very much appreciated. No doubt i will be hassling you all soon! Thanx all. t

Ok, first apply to the TRA for your ARTC certificate. You'll need to ring or e-mail them for a form as you can't get one of the net. http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...nresidents.htm

Details of NSW licencing here: http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/
Old Mar 5th 2007, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

dynamite will become famous soon enough

Hi mate,

Give the Tra a call on 1300 360 992 and ask for an ARTC (Australian Recognised Trade Certificate) application pack to be sent out to you asap. You should recieve that through the post within a few days.

Alternately you can request a pack by post at Trade Recognition Australia, GPO Box 9879, Melbourne, Vic 3001. Quicker to phone though.

Read the information very carefully because this is crucial, as the evidence you supply could mean the difference between a fitters or a mechanics licence. You definitley want a mechanics licence. You can go to any solicitors, police station for a JP to get your extra documentation certified, this is a free service and they should do it straight away.

Once you have got your ARTC, should take about 20 days, they usually make all decisions on the 16th of every month so make sure your application is in well before that date. While you are waiting for that, book your self on the health and safety course (its the blue card in Queensland sorry don't klnow what it is in NSW, I think it maybe green card!) Its a day course with a very little exam at the end, and also book yourself onto the CPR (cardio-pulmonary respiration) course at your local St Johns ambulance, its a few hours course and in both cases you will get a lovely certificate.

Once you have all the lovely shiny certificates, get yourself down to the local electrical licencing board, fill out the application form and you will be issued with a permit to work under supervision. Now as far as I am aware, in NSW you will then have to get a job, so you need to find an employer who is willing to take you on, and you have to work for 12 months as a sparky. Once you have done this the class A licence is yours, beautiful. However if you phone the licencing board, number should be in your phone book, ask them, they are quite helpful.

Good luck
D
Old Mar 7th 2007, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

tony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nice

Thanks Wendy and thanks Dynamite, you are both total legends! will get on the blower and start the ball rolling now. cheers t