Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Calling all sparks going to oz.

Calling all sparks going to oz.

Old May 17th 2010, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

krysiajay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Calling all sparks going to oz.

I got a email from my immigration agent telling me about a electrical seminar on the 15th of may.
I thought it would be a good idea to go due to the minefield of information flying about regarding electrical registration in oz
Appaerntly the Australian goverments are wising up to the different ways of gaining registration in each state once in oz and are closing down the peer route ASAP and trying to stop short cuts.
What the guys from Tradiesdownunder are trying to do is start a course so that the British Electricians can do their gap training here in the uk.
A Tafe electrical Tutor will travel over from oz to complete the 7 week course and at the end, you will have completed the minimum context gap training and gain the Australian National recognised Health and Safety White Card
All that is left to do once in Oz is complete your on job evidence which is done through E profiling and complete the capstone final exam.
The guys are really keen to get this off the ground but they need bums on seats for it to be posible to bring over the Tafe tutor.
This is a fantastic opporunity to get most of the required work down to gain full electrical regisitration
For more information contact
Stephen Julian-Fraser
tel: 02084343627
email: [email protected]

I think they are going to have a second seminar on the 22nd May in Hanwell London.