Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

buying electrical books in oz

buying electrical books in oz

Old Sep 5th 2006, 3:04 am
Just Joined

Ballyharry01 has a brilliant futureBallyharry01 has a brilliant futureBallyharry01 has a brilliant futureBallyharry01 has a brilliant futureBallyharry01 has a brilliant futureBallyharry01 has a brilliant futureBallyharry01 has a brilliant future
Thumbs up buying electrical books in oz

Hi fellow sparkies, have a list of relevant reference and regulations books to assist sparks in gaining license and indeed working in oz, ie regs book, selection of cables book, wiring rules etc, can anyone recommend book stores that will stock relevant books, thanks
Old Sep 5th 2006, 3:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: buying electrical books in oz

Originally Posted by Ballyharry01
Hi fellow sparkies, have a list of relevant reference and regulations books to assist sparks in gaining license and indeed working in oz, ie regs book, selection of cables book, wiring rules etc, can anyone recommend book stores that will stock relevant books, thanks

Yep, they can all be bought from the following link

http://www.saiglobal.com/shop/Script/search.asp
Old Sep 5th 2006, 4:18 am
Just Joined

Ballyharry01 has a brilliant futureBallyharry01 has a brilliant futureBallyharry01 has a brilliant futureBallyharry01 has a brilliant futureBallyharry01 has a brilliant futureBallyharry01 has a brilliant futureBallyharry01 has a brilliant future

Thanks wendyC, that seems to cover the books on my list, could you advise the books you bought and that are required, i just dont want to buy books that are not necessary, thanks
Old Sep 5th 2006, 4:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks wendyC, that seems to cover the books on my list, could you advise the books you bought and that are required, i just dont want to buy books that are not necessary, thanks

I think that all you need for the wiring rules course are the aus/nz 3000 wirings rules and the cable selection guide.

I'm sure someone will tell you if I'm wrong
Old Sep 5th 2006, 4:54 am
Just Joined

Thanks again WendyC, your help is invaluable. I also noticed a book on domestic installations ref no: AS/NZS 3018:2001, Installation book ref no: 3017:2001. I was also advised to purchase a book on PAT testing AS/NZS 23760:230. Would you also recommend purchasing the standard electrical regulations book. Thanks David.
Old Sep 5th 2006, 6:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks again WendyC, your help is invaluable. I also noticed a book on domestic installations ref no: AS/NZS 3018:2001, Installation book ref no: 3017:2001. I was also advised to purchase a book on PAT testing AS/NZS 23760:230. Would you also recommend purchasing the standard electrical regulations book. Thanks David.

Well I'd hold fire for buying them for now and maybe get them as/if required. There doesn't seem to be much consistency in what you have to do and what you need to buy between the different states, so maybe if you let us know where abouts you are thinking of someone can give you info relevant to there.

We are in South Australia and only need the two books I mentioned above (for now anyway)