Is my move possible

Old May 24th 2016, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

fozz_y is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is my move possible

Hi all,

Complete newbie to this.. I'm currently working as a domestic electrician 12months recognised but 8 years in qualified., I took a part p training course, with a current building regs course, with 17th edition and PAT testing course too. Would this be recognised over in oz? If so what process would I need to begin with? Thanks.

Fozz_y
Old May 25th 2016, 3:11 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is my move possible

Originally Posted by fozz_y
Hi all,

Complete newbie to this.. I'm currently working as a domestic electrician 12months recognised but 8 years in qualified., I took a part p training course, with a current building regs course, with 17th edition and PAT testing course too. Would this be recognised over in oz? If so what process would I need to begin with? Thanks.

Fozz_y
what qualifications do you have?

Not sure part p, 17th Ed and PAT testing make you an electrician, but it is possible to substitute experience for qualifications.

Skills assessments for electricians start with a tradeset report, and then a quals and experience assessment with one of the RTO's if you are from the UK - Vetassess has been doing assessments the longest, but there is also Victoria University and Future Skills.

If you pass the quals and experience assessment, the final step for an electrical skills assessment is a practical assessment with theory questions. I did mine with Vic Uni - ac/dc theory, dc resistors in series and parallel, identify and test a transformer, draw a DOL motor starter with 2 starts / 2 stops, connect motor to drawing and fault find, safe disconnect / reconnect procedure and finally wire a small domestic board with power and lighting and test.