British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Electricians (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/)
-   -   blackburn or london ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/blackburn-london-559433/)

markzoesean Sep 4th 2008 11:31 am

blackburn or london ?

hello all
i ve got a choice to go and do my practical test in october , not sure which one to go for london or blackburn ? which would you lot go for ?

Dougie Sep 4th 2008 11:57 am

Re: blackburn or london ?

Originally Posted by markzoesean (Post 6747839)
hello all
i ve got a choice to go and do my practical test in october , not sure which one to go for london or blackburn ? which would you lot go for ?

The one closest to my house! :p

markzoesean Sep 4th 2008 12:01 pm

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

markzoesean Sep 4th 2008 12:02 pm

i was just thinking if the london one is better as everyone seems to go there ? blackburn is closer to us but never heard of anyone on here going there x

jonsparx Sep 4th 2008 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by markzoesean (Post 6747943)
i was just thinking if the london one is better as everyone seems to go there ? blackburn is closer to us but never heard of anyone on here going there x

Im going to the london practical on the 30th October, only difference is you'll need a stab vest as part of your PPE!

markzoesean Sep 4th 2008 7:01 pm

hello

very true but saying that its just as bad in mansfield at the moment !
we have decieded to do london booked for the 27th , not looking forward to the theory side though , have you found accomodation yet ?

jonsparx Sep 4th 2008 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by markzoesean (Post 6749410)
hello

we have decieded to do london booked for the 27th , not looking forward to the theory side though , have you found accomodation yet ?

HaHa, im from Newark and know what you mean!! I reckon theres some stuff on here about hotels but im not sure where. The theory exam sounds OK according to other people who've done it, reckon we should be fine if we revise a bit. I heard of one lad who failed on Health and Safety though so it might pay us to have a look at that.

Dougie Sep 4th 2008 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by markzoesean (Post 6749410)
hello

I THINK that its the one in NW london??

theres loads of digs around there i spent alot of time there working on wembley and into london on the tube

theres the PLaza at wembley stadium that i got really cheap on last miniute dot com last time or there is 3 travelodges in the area one on the A406 north circular, another in Harrow which is good for a few pints afterwards ;) and canny think of the oter at the minute.

if you get stuck let me know cause i also got few numbers for bedsits in the area that may or maynot put you up for a night or two

dougie