Before applying to ARTC

Old Mar 14th 2007, 9:05 am
Just Joined

benja is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Before applying to ARTC

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and I decided to write as it seems that you have a lot of experience and I can really do with some advice (even tough I noticed that this page is for UK citizens)
I am an electrician, originally from south America, but an Australian resident now.
I have been living in QLD for 4 years, but I could not do anything related with electricity until I have my residency.
So now, I would like to have my trade assess, so that I can work in the field, but I am a bit scared of all the paperwork and the long process involved.

I have over 8 years of experience as an electrician.
For what I read in the http://www.qet.edu.au/ web page, I think I’m closer to a mechanic, than a fitter, BUT, I have many doubts...

First of all, I’d like to make sure I have everything needed to be successful in the assessment from the ARTC people, as it is my understanding that they would NOT contact me at all during the process and they would base their decision on the things I have provided (is that true?)
But I also read that they could ring me and have a test over the phone, how is that and when would it happen? How likely is that? I’m a bit concern because, it’s been a while since I worked as an electrician and also I may have some trouble with the English electrical terms and definitions, specially over the phone (Spanish is my mother tongue), as I’m not familiar with them.

I have all the details of my degree (of the subjects and their contents) translated, as well as a letter from my employee, where he provided details of the general works I performed each year and the general equipment I have used.

I know that I have to supply HEAPS of info, but it will be great help if someone can help me out forwarding me some examples of what you sent, like the one STEVE’O has posted or provide me some guidelines.

I would appreciate any help and if someone can tell me if there is something important that I am missing, any other information I should be providing, etc.

Thanks heaps in advance
ben
Old Mar 15th 2007, 9:06 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Before applying to ARTC

Originally Posted by benja
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and I decided to write as it seems that you have a lot of experience and I can really do with some advice (even tough I noticed that this page is for UK citizens)
I am an electrician, originally from south America, but an Australian resident now.
I have been living in QLD for 4 years, but I could not do anything related with electricity until I have my residency.
So now, I would like to have my trade assess, so that I can work in the field, but I am a bit scared of all the paperwork and the long process involved.

I have over 8 years of experience as an electrician.
For what I read in the http://www.qet.edu.au/ web page, I think I’m closer to a mechanic, than a fitter, BUT, I have many doubts...

First of all, I’d like to make sure I have everything needed to be successful in the assessment from the ARTC people, as it is my understanding that they would NOT contact me at all during the process and they would base their decision on the things I have provided (is that true?)
But I also read that they could ring me and have a test over the phone, how is that and when would it happen? How likely is that? I’m a bit concern because, it’s been a while since I worked as an electrician and also I may have some trouble with the English electrical terms and definitions, specially over the phone (Spanish is my mother tongue), as I’m not familiar with them.

I have all the details of my degree (of the subjects and their contents) translated, as well as a letter from my employee, where he provided details of the general works I performed each year and the general equipment I have used.

I know that I have to supply HEAPS of info, but it will be great help if someone can help me out forwarding me some examples of what you sent, like the one STEVE’O has posted or provide me some guidelines.

I would appreciate any help and if someone can tell me if there is something important that I am missing, any other information I should be providing, etc.

Thanks heaps in advance
ben
do you have the occupation one or the reference one that i posted ?
Old Mar 17th 2007, 8:22 am
Just Joined

benja is an unknown quantity at this point

I only saw this one:
My work involves the wiring or repair of electrical installations from start to finish visa4.doc

Is there any other one?
cheers.

Originally Posted by steve`o
do you have the occupation one or the reference one that i posted ?
Old Mar 17th 2007, 5:34 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benja
I only saw this one:
My work involves the wiring or repair of electrical installations from start to finish visa4.doc

Is there any other one?
cheers.
yes i posted a detailed reference
Attached Files
File Type: doc
refeernce for aus.DOC (36.5 KB, 157 views)
Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

andym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the rough

Is this the sort of thing that I should be getting my employers to write? Did the TRA approve this steve' o?
Old Mar 19th 2007, 2:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andym79
Is this the sort of thing that I should be getting my employers to write? Did the TRA approve this steve' o?

Yes and yes
Old Mar 19th 2007, 8:15 am
Worongary

Originally Posted by andym79
certainly did mate
i`m in queensland as we speak
working hard