Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Becoming a recognised sparkie in Melbourne

Becoming a recognised sparkie in Melbourne

Old Feb 10th 2013, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

Angelofmercy186 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Becoming a recognised sparkie in Melbourne

Hey all
Looking into coming over early next year. Im a sparkie by trade in UK and using a migration agent to make sure paper work is right first time. Ive been sent down the VET route as we are going over on my general skilled. Ive herd the VET route is a pain (resrticted licence) and some sparks start the VET route and then dont tell TRA and go that route. We are going to Melbourne as we have friends we can stay with for a while. Just want to know what I will need for going the TRA route, what I will need to do at each stage. I am at the stage of getting references for my VET application. Any info will be much appreciated.
Nick
Old Feb 11th 2013, 5:18 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Becoming a recognised sparkie in Melbourne

Originally Posted by Angelofmercy186
Hey all
Looking into coming over early next year. Im a sparkie by trade in UK and using a migration agent to make sure paper work is right first time. Ive been sent down the VET route as we are going over on my general skilled. Ive herd the VET route is a pain (resrticted licence) and some sparks start the VET route and then dont tell TRA and go that route. We are going to Melbourne as we have friends we can stay with for a while. Just want to know what I will need for going the TRA route, what I will need to do at each stage. I am at the stage of getting references for my VET application. Any info will be much appreciated.
Nick
either ive read your post wrong or your a wee bit confused

a vetesses cert is for migration purposes only and used to get a visa
it dosnt give you any type of electrical license

when you want to apply for an electrical license you have in most states two options

use your vetteses cert which will get you onto a training course where you may ( depends on which state your going to ) have to complete a log book ( work supervised for a while )

apply for an artc Australian recognized trade certificate ( you cannot apply untill you are in Australia )

http://www.innovation.gov.au/Skills/...s/default.aspx

which again will get you onto a training course where some states you wont have to do the log book bit

its easier if you think as each state as a different country as they each have there own rules
Old Feb 11th 2013, 7:14 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Melbourne Victoria one of the hardest to get licenced.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

Angelofmercy186 is an unknown quantity at this point

When I mentioned VET thats because we are going over on my independant skilled visa n if you come over this way you need to do the log book no matter what. but ive herd of sparks coming over the same way but then when landing, they start the ARTC route as its a lot faster and easier.
I heard Melbourne was the hardest. Choose Melbourne as we have friends there and can stay with them till we get our feet on the ground, so just realy want to know the quickest way to get our feet on the ground in Melbourne. I no its going to be hard work, but just thinking of the future more than anything.