Aussie wiring rules

Old Feb 23rd 2010, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nice
Default Re: Aussie wiring rules

Originally Posted by greg123
Pompeypom,haven't worked since I got here 9 months ago.
But there again I'm from Brisbane and flew over for the course should be ok for work now.
The course is over the 2 weeks and on both Fridays you have an exam in which you need 70%.it's nearly all multiple-choice and the questions are so easy you'll finish within 15 minutes.
The main area of the course is what you do each dAy and you are assessed while in the workshop.Again it's nothing to worry about everthing is explained really well and the 2 tutors are really helpful and are not there to catch you out on anything.
The first week was about motors and starters.Not my type as I'm an installation electrician but after going over it all in the classroom was able to wire star/delta etc down in the workshop.also have own workarea to wire sokets 2 way lights and cooker point.
2nd week was easier mainly health and safety dead easy was able to finish early afternoon most days.
Greg
Greg, did you need ARTC or vetassess to be able to do the course?
Cheers
Paul
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

greg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nice

Paul,
you can use artc or vetasses.
I used vetassess just get in touch with energy safety and they will give you the details.I recommend this course as it's a fast way to the licence
Greg
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nice

Paul,
I used vetassess just get in touch with energy safety and they will give you the details.I recommend this course as it's a fast way to the licence
Greg
Nice one, thanks for quick reply
Paul
Old Feb 24th 2010, 6:15 am
Just Joined

raj_patel is an unknown quantity at this point

Paul,
Greg
Hi greg123

congrate for your sucess
I want to know about Wa license root is fine for vet spark??.Because on Wa site or Mutual reconigation site it say the license issue will be Electrical fitter and for 3 year.In 3 year you need to gain on 12 months supervised job experience of installation work to get full WA electrician license.

Thanks in advanced.I am in Melbourne now so decided to get wa license but affraid for 12 months experience.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

greg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nice

Hi Raj,
Are you classed as fitter or mechanic.If you have vetasses and are classed as mechanic you can do the course in WA and then be issued with licence which is valid for 5 years
Greg
Old Feb 24th 2010, 6:43 am
Just Joined

raj_patel is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Raj,
Are you classed as fitter or mechanic.If you have vetasses and are classed as mechanic you can do the course in WA and then be issued with licence which is valid for 5 years
Greg
Hi greg123

thanks for quick reply Iam vetassess spark and vetassess given me OTSR for general electrician.As per my Knowledge it not specify Mechanic or fitter by Vetassess.What is your license say which work you perform supervised or unsupervised or only fitter work or full installtion unsupervised.

Pls give me advice .

thanks in advance
Old Feb 24th 2010, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

I was classed as general electrician by vetassess as my work is installation work.As you are classed as general electrician is your work installation.as general electrician you would be able to do the course if authorized by energy safety and if successful be issued with licence which states electrician which allows you to do any work.no need for anything else
Greg
Old Feb 26th 2010, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

STEWE12345 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lee and Joanne
I can let you have the books you need for peer in pdf format.
You will have to print them out or read them on your computer.

AS/NZS3000-2007
AS/NZS3008.1.1.2009
AS/NZS 3012.2003
ETSA SERVICE RULES

It will save you buying them
They cost about $340
Let me Know if you require them.

Lee
Hi Lee
Any chance you could email me the link to <<address removed>> as im moving over in two weeks and really need to get my head down.

Cheers
Stewart

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 31st 2011 at 12:08 pm. Reason: Please make contact via the member's profile, don't put email addresses on the open forum
Old Feb 27th 2010, 10:18 am
Just Joined

The Hallidays is an unknown quantity at this point

AS/NZS3000-2007
AS/NZS3008.1.1.2009
AS/NZS 3012.2003
ETSA SERVICE RULES

They cost about $340

Lee
Hi Lee.

My hubby has just sent off for his ARTC then is gonna enrol on the PEER course. We are due to come over at the end of May when he's hopefully gonna sit his exam. Would it be possible to have a copy of the above. We would be willing to pay as i know you've had a few people wanting them.

Many thanks
Helen
Old Apr 26th 2010, 1:02 am
Just Joined

moonshine63 is an unknown quantity at this point

AS/NZS3000-2007
AS/NZS3008.1.1.2009
AS/NZS 3012.2003
ETSA SERVICE RULES

They cost about $340

Lee
Hi Lee is there a chance that you can send me a link as well for these books
or you can email me << address removed>>

Jeff

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 31st 2011 at 12:08 pm. Reason: Please make contact via the member's profile, don't put email addresses on the open forum
Old May 4th 2010, 1:10 am
Just Joined

glen brown is an unknown quantity at this point

AS/NZS3000-2007
AS/NZS3008.1.1.2009
AS/NZS 3012.2003
ETSA SERVICE RULES

They cost about $340

Lee
hi my name is glen brown and i have just booked with peer adelaide to do the regs exam.i live in sydney and am doing the correspondece course then flying down for the exam and then hopefully changing over to a nsw licence i would really appreciate it if you could send me the links for the books you have.
regards
glen
Old May 6th 2010, 3:16 am
Just Joined

AS/NZS3000-2007
AS/NZS3008.1.1.2009
AS/NZS 3012.2003
ETSA SERVICE RULES

They cost about $340

Lee
hi sorry but i am new to this forum i am glen brown i think you replied to my request for the regs book its just that i can't open your private message it says it is restricted for people with more than 3 posts ????? my email is <<address removed>> if this is easier ?? thanks for your patience help and generosity.

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 31st 2011 at 12:09 pm. Reason: Please make contact via the member's profile, don't put email addresses on the open forum
Old May 6th 2010, 3:36 am
Just Joined

AS/NZS3000-2007
AS/NZS3008.1.1.2009
AS/NZS 3012.2003
ETSA SERVICE RULES

They cost about $340

Lee
hi its me again glen sorry but ithink i need to make three posts this is my third i think sorry
glen
Old May 7th 2010, 10:56 am
Just Joined

The Hallidays is an unknown quantity at this point

AS/NZS3000-2007
AS/NZS3008.1.1.2009
AS/NZS 3012.2003
ETSA SERVICE RULES

They cost about $340

Lee
Hi Lee. Did you get my message?
Regards Helen
Old May 8th 2010, 2:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Lee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really nice

The books have been removed since i lasted looked

This is the only site i can find that you can download them from
http://store.payloadz.com/go?id=806775

But you have to pay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.