Aussie Sparky movin to UK

Old Dec 16th 2008, 7:05 am
Just Joined

Aussie_Chuck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Aussie Sparky movin to UK

hey guys, ive been trying to look online about gettin my aussie electrical license transferred over to a UK one, but all i can seem to find is all these different courses. Also if anyone know of any good firms in london area to apply with it would be very much appreciated.

thanks
Old Dec 16th 2008, 9:14 am
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Aussie Sparky movin to UK

Ay up Chuck !
not to sure on the application process to get sorted here in England but seen loads of rough arse people getting away with blagging it when i was in London.
You need to look here first as this is the only reconised card you need and the first and last thing that any company / agency will ask you for.
JIB card with ECA and CSCS stamped on it.

http://www.jib.org.uk/index.htm

Dont go off these rates thoug as this is only a guide and you will have no problem getting 16/17/18£ Ph off the agencies.
Wouldn't go cards in and work for a firm direct if i was you as i have been there and done that and it was crap.

I have quite a few agencies No's etc etc that if you require will defo find you work?

Also seems plenty about down there at the minute despite the hard times.

I would also strongly advise getting you fire aawarenessand entry permit from one of these guys
http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...rse&meta=lr%3D
As that is where the big money is on the London Underground!!
the course is around £180 but paid for on your first shift no bother.

HTH if you need any more info give us a shout.

Dougie
Old Dec 16th 2008, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

moriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to all

You'll find it a lot easier starting work here than we find it getting to OZ!
What sort of work are you after?
I would have thought you'd want to look at doing the 17th edition wiring regs as well.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 1:22 am
Just Joined

Aussie_Chuck is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks very much for your help dougie and louise i'll be in contact with JIB.
I'm interested in any type of work really, the underground sounds like a good place to work. I have completed a few courses on top of my trade upto a diploma in electrical engineering. So electrical service engineering isnt out of the question.

Also regarding agencies, ive got mates in London at the moment (not sparkies, just labourers) and they reckon working with agencies is not that good as they take a piece of the pie.

So i was thinking of trying to get a job direct before i leave given the current economic climate.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 9:37 am
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Yes the Agencies do take a piece of the pie but they only on about £2-8 per hour and your no the wiser what there getting as they will very rarely tell you, but if your getting £18 Ph i dont care too much what they are getting as direct you'll only get in most cases the London rate quoted on the JIB web site!! And your holidays only add up to about £55Pw for the 21 days they get so when you do the maths you well better on the Agency IMHO.

And sorry yeah good point moriarty you will need the 17th regs before you apply for your JIB card as it will go on there and you'll need it.

Good Luck mate if you need out give us a shout.

Dougie
Old Dec 21st 2008, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

jonnyd is on a distinguished road

good luck getting a job mate i've been paid off twice in one month
Old Dec 24th 2008, 10:28 am
Swollen Member

Originally Posted by jonnyd
good luck getting a job mate i've been paid off twice in one month
Sorry to hear that Jonny, where are you Newcastle ?

Now is the time to get down the smoke if you dont mind being out of town to "make hay while the sun shines"

there seems to be plenty of work about because the Agencies i have worked for still call me up and text me and i have not asked them for work for 18mths so they must be short on labour.

Hope the new year works out better for you mate.

Dougie
Old Dec 26th 2008, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

jonnyd is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE

Now is the time to get down the smoke if you dont mind being out of town to "make hay while the sun shines"

there seems to be plenty of work about because the Agencies i have worked for still call me up and text me and i have not asked them for work for 18mths so they must be short on labour.

Dougie
from a place called wallsend far too many sparks out of work up here but thanks for the advice will have a look into it mate all the best
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

britishsparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Dougie
dougie got those numbers m8? i don't mind the smoke at all and lookin for work in the new year any howt
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 11:51 pm
Swollen Member

Originally Posted by britishsparky
dougie got those numbers m8? i don't mind the smoke at all and lookin for work in the new year any howt
Here's a few of the Agencies that i have worked for and some i haven't i will try and give them a * rating also cause some are shite but may pull you out the crap if you stuck down there! As you know they are all after there slice of the action but you can and should barter the rate with them, Also there is some real shite 1's here but they are run by crooks rob you blind but they get the good jobs and the pay don't work out that bad either here they are anyhoo :

• Breeze 01920483877 *
  • BMS Euronational 02078264400 ****
  • Coils 02089016600 ***
  • CSS 01376330701 ***
  • Dimond 08703000000 ****
  • Ess 02086073480 **
  • Fastrack 01923356500 **
  • 1st Step max 08700601992 ***
  • Hill Mcglyn 02087575777 *
  • ISO 01293822100 *
  • Mane Rail 01923470735 *****
  • Redwood 01923839922 *
  • Grovetek 08702420442 *
  • SOS 01277849289 *****
  • Vital 02073835890 *

Jesus just looking through my phone (few more agencies but need to sort them out as some are private No's) an got loads of No's for different training centres for the LUL permits and cherry picker licences, Keebab shops, taxi firms and different car garages in various parts of London if you need any more help give us a shout.

Good luck

Where are you based? I am with a firm now who are after decent sparks and have work in different locations if you are any good??

Regards

Dougie
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 8:44 am
Just Joined

toffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Dougie an louise!!!!!! So glad I found this site!!! Im still in Forth year of apprenticeship at the mo, just fin AM2, hpefully done ok!! I have been lookin for afges for ways to get on to olympics, but have had no luck! Do you think these agencies would be worth a try??

Im from Ireland and thinking of heading to London to try and make and save a few quid for a deposit for a house. Do u think it is worth while??
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 9:54 am
Swollen Member

Originally Posted by toffer
Dougie an louise!!!!!! So glad I found this site!!! Im still in Forth year of apprenticeship at the mo, just fin AM2, hpefully done ok!! I have been lookin for afges for ways to get on to olympics, but have had no luck! Do you think these agencies would be worth a try??

Im from Ireland and thinking of heading to London to try and make and save a few quid for a deposit for a house. Do u think it is worth while??

Yep defo these are most of the main ones i would say, but you will probs pick up a few more when you get there, Not sure of the work situation at the minute but "chaos equals cash" and since our government couldn't run a bath between them the Olympics will be CHAOS !!

The Money is on the London Underground thou mate the rates there are through the roof You will need an LUL entry permit but they hand them out like sweets for around £180 in various test centres around London.
And if you do get on one of the big sites in the day ....sshussh dont tell anyone and if you are up to it just get a job on Nights on the underground for a few hours and just soldier on till pay day every week and the time flies by, and the money tots up in no time at all ! i did it for 6 months a few years back on the underground and Wemberly Stadium had a real good laugh and met some really good people

But back to reality now with a proper job and responibilites with it

Good luck and if you need out els give me a shout or PM me and if i can help i will.

Cheers

Dougie
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

Here's a few of the Agencies that i have worked for and some i haven't i will try and give them a * rating also cause some are shite but may pull you out the crap if you stuck down there! As you know they are all after there slice of the action but you can and should barter the rate with them, Also there is some real shite 1's here but they are run by crooks rob you blind but they get the good jobs and the pay don't work out that bad either here they are anyhoo :

• Breeze 01920483877 *
  • BMS Euronational 02078264400 ****
  • Coils 02089016600 ***
  • CSS 01376330701 ***
  • Dimond 08703000000 ****
  • Ess 02086073480 **
  • Fastrack 01923356500 **
  • 1st Step max 08700601992 ***
  • Hill Mcglyn 02087575777 *
  • ISO 01293822100 *
  • Mane Rail 01923470735 *****
  • Redwood 01923839922 *
  • Grovetek 08702420442 *
  • SOS 01277849289 *****
  • Vital 02073835890 *

Jesus just looking through my phone (few more agencies but need to sort them out as some are private No's) an got loads of No's for different training centres for the LUL permits and cherry picker licences, Keebab shops, taxi firms and different car garages in various parts of London if you need any more help give us a shout.

Good luck

Where are you based? I am with a firm now who are after decent sparks and have work in different locations if you are any good??

Regards

Dougie
yeah i'm good lol. i can do day rate or run jobs or take them on as a whole labour only if needed. give me drawings/program/materials job will be done.
was doing subbed out work for ABB and Crownhouse etc but they gotta keep there own blokes going with it being quiet atm.
recently finished a £30k project down in surrey just before xmas if ya wanna reference ?
Selling my self here lol. i do all the documentation too. Risk assesments and Method Statements. O&M Manuals . Db Charts . Labelling . Fire and Emergency Lighting Registers .
I'm in Tamworth Near B'ham

Surprised Vital doesn't rate for you! i have been using B'ham branch who are pretty good altho the 1 girl who would look
after me did move to BMS so perhaps she wasn't happy with Vital but she is good.

Last edited by britishsparky; Jan 3rd 2009 at 2:09 pm.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 2:51 pm
Swollen Member

Originally Posted by britishsparky
yeah i'm good lol. i can do day rate or run jobs or take them on as a whole labour only if needed. give me drawings/program/materials job will be done.
was doing subbed out work for ABB and Crownhouse etc but they gotta keep there own blokes going with it being quiet atm.
recently finished a £30k project down in surrey just before xmas if ya wanna reference ?
Selling my self here lol. i do all the documentation too. Risk assesments and Method Statements. O&M Manuals . Db Charts . Labelling . Fire and Emergency Lighting Registers .
I'm in Tamworth Near B'ham

Surprised Vital doesn't rate for you! i have been using B'ham branch who are pretty good altho the 1 girl who would look
after me did move to BMS so perhaps she wasn't happy with Vital but she is good.
Anywhere near Warwick? we have a job there not sure as to what stage its up too thou?? And just finished one in Rugeley also for the MOD that i think would have been closer for you!

I am sure Vital are good i just didn't want to give nobody 0 stars there the get you out the sh1t ones i have mentioned.
And as for BMS they are growing massive Mr Goodchild certainly is raking it in now they are aabsolutelyEVERYWHERE! but i find there terms and rates through SAFE (there own pay company which is the only one you are allowed to use!) a bit of a rip off, thats why 450 of us walked out of Wembley, got us all another £175Pw in our pockets thou

I am back in work on monday so i will sound the boss out about the Warwick job if you like, let me know.
Not sure what type of rates they are paying cause they have alot of Agency there at the minute but if interested i will find out, you wont get rich thou cause London is where the $£$£ is

Regards

Dougie
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

Anywhere near Warwick? we have a job there not sure as to what stage its up too thou?? And just finished one in Rugeley also for the MOD that i think would have been closer for you!

I am sure Vital are good i just didn't want to give nobody 0 stars there the get you out the sh1t ones i have mentioned.
And as for BMS they are growing massive Mr Goodchild certainly is raking it in now they are aabsolutelyEVERYWHERE! but i find there terms and rates through SAFE (there own pay company which is the only one you are allowed to use!) a bit of a rip off, thats why 450 of us walked out of Wembley, got us all another £175Pw in our pockets thou

I am back in work on monday so i will sound the boss out about the Warwick job if you like, let me know.
Not sure what type of rates they are paying cause they have alot of Agency there at the minute but if interested i will find out, you wont get rich thou cause London is where the $£$£ is

Regards

Dougie
warwick is ideal
who is the best agency for the tube work dougie?
apologises to the OP for the Hijack

Last edited by britishsparky; Jan 3rd 2009 at 3:06 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.