ATTENTION! Vetassess course

Old Dec 21st 2008, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

jonny83 is on a distinguished road
Default ATTENTION! Vetassess course

Hi, just thought i'd give u a heads up if you already didnt no this, i found out the hard way, if you've done the vetassess programme when you get 2 oz you've 2 do a course at TAFE, i thought u could go down the PEER route in Adelaide, i thought this through BAD information from the PEER company, i e-mailed them when i was in England about my situation n i was told i was able 2 do the course so i payed the $900 4 the course work, i even did around 20hrs of the course work only 2 find out that i actually cant do the bloody exam, luckily im gettin around $700 back so its cost me $200 4 bad information and its now set me back a couple of months in2 gettin my electrical licence, theres alot of misleadin information out there so becareful, i hope this is useful information 2 u all.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

jonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: ATTENTION! Vetassess course

Originally Posted by jonny83
Hi, just thought i'd give u a heads up if you already didnt no this, i found out the hard way, if you've done the vetassess programme when you get 2 oz you've 2 do a course at TAFE, i thought u could go down the PEER route in Adelaide, i thought this through BAD information from the PEER company, i e-mailed them when i was in England about my situation n i was told i was able 2 do the course so i payed the $900 4 the course work, i even did around 20hrs of the course work only 2 find out that i actually cant do the bloody exam, luckily im gettin around $700 back so its cost me $200 4 bad information and its now set me back a couple of months in2 gettin my electrical licence, theres alot of misleadin information out there so becareful, i hope this is useful information 2 u all.
Do you know how long the Tafe course takes to get the unrestricted licence?? i heard 1 year??
Old Dec 21st 2008, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

im not definatley sure, ithink its around that 10 months or something but you've 2 find an employer who will take u on and they've 2 sign off log books and do evenin class's, sounds a pain in the arse 2 b honest but if this is what we've gotta do then we'll just have 2 get on with it, its annoyin cos its just the same as back home, if anything our standard is better
Old Dec 21st 2008, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

jonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura about

im not definatley sure, ithink its around that 10 months or something but you've 2 find an employer who will take u on and they've 2 sign off log books and do evenin class's, sounds a pain in the arse 2 b honest but if this is what we've gotta do then we'll just have 2 get on with it, its annoyin cos its just the same as back home, if anything our standard is better
yeah sure is rubbish, just have to get on with it i guess! Where are you heading for??
Old Dec 21st 2008, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

WarrenG is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jonny just so I understand you correctly:

You took the vetassess here in the UK (passed) and then paid for some course work for PEER in Adelaide so that when you get to Australia you could sit an exam for your license based on the course work you were sent?

I take it you that you were under the impression that this is the quick route to obtain your license to work and be able to transfer this in the area of your choice?

If this is correct I too was under the impression that this was route that you could take so I really appreciate the heads up!
Old Dec 21st 2008, 5:53 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

its not clear to me,
why couldnt you do the peer course / exam and get a SA electrical licence?
Old Dec 21st 2008, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

daviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nice

The last time I spoke to peer (2 weeks ago). It was explained to me that applicants who had done the old TRA route still only had to do the wiring rules course. Applicants who had done the vetassess route were being made to do the wiring rules plus log book and a few other things

Sooo... it seems that rather than making life easier for sparks from the UK vetassess has made it more difficult!.

Don't ask my why or the logic behind it, I am only repeating what I have been told! :-S

I'm just glad I did TRA
Old Dec 21st 2008, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

what davie has just said is right, yeah i was under the impression we could do the shortcut from hearing stuff on here and my friend also did the peer course but he came out on the TRA, so vetassass people have 2 do the longer course, im in Brisbane workin 4 a company doin domestic work, its a killer in the heat guys!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 21st 2008, 8:24 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

what davie has just said is right, yeah i was under the impression we could do the shortcut from hearing stuff on here and my friend also did the peer course but he came out on the TRA, so vetassass people have 2 do the longer course, im in Brisbane workin 4 a company doin domestic work, its a killer in the heat guys!!!!!!!!
so your at tafe in brisbane then?
yerongary ?
Old Dec 21st 2008, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

leeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really nice

how would they know you had gone through vetassess? i know you get an ostr certificate from them but what would stop you applying for an artc certificate (i went through tra and then got my artc - doing peer exam in jan) and then doing peer course?
when i enrolled on the course they didnt ask me anything like who assessed me etc. do they check when you turn up for the exam?

lee.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 11:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leeob77
how would they know you had gone through vetassess? i know you get an ostr certificate from them but what would stop you applying for an artc certificate (i went through tra and then got my artc - doing peer exam in jan) and then doing peer course?
when i enrolled on the course they didnt ask me anything like who assessed me etc. do they check when you turn up for the exam?

lee.

No they don't ask, but then you don't need an ARTC to sit the course. You do need one for a licence though - even a restricted one.

I wouldn't do the course unless I had the ARTC cert - that's for anyone who has gone through Vetassess and are thinking of trying it
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

leeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really nice

what i meant was how do they know you went through vetassess and why does it matter? they only run a regs course?
i could understand the licensing authority wanting to see proof of extra training perhaps, but all they want is artc and pass of regs.
cant wait to get this bloody license done and dusted.

ps wendy, dont suppose you know what id i need to take to the licensing office to apply for license?
(my artc is waiting for me in perth)
lee.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

daviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nice

They don't mate!

But as far as I can gather vetassess don't issue ARTC certs only OSTSR

To apply for a license you need an ARTC (issued via TRA) and the peer AS/NZS3000:2007 in South Australia anyhoo......

Again this is only my understanding and not professional opinion

Nothing like keeping it simple eh?

Last edited by daviec33; Dec 22nd 2008 at 1:39 am. Reason: Realised how crazy the whole licensing thing is!
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by daviec33
They don't mate!

But as far as I can gather vetassess don't issue ARTC certs only OSTSR

To apply for a license you need an ARTC (issued via TRA) and the peer AS/NZS3000:2007 in South Australia anyhoo......

Again this is only my understanding and not professional opinion

Nothing like keeping it simple eh?

my understanding too.
but anyone can apply for an artc even if you went through vetassess. there is nothing to stop you applying because of who assessed you for migration purposes..
tra dont issue the artc automatically like the ostr from vetassess. you have to apply seperately for it.
sounds like the peer route loophole is about to be closed (ok its not really a loophole but how many people take advantage of SA's easy licensing route!).
logbooks and supervised working dont really appeal to me. did enough of that as an apprentice!
good luck to anyone else who is trying to get through on the existing system!

lee.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by leeob77
my understanding too.
but anyone can apply for an artc even if you went through vetassess. there is nothing to stop you applying because of who assessed you for migration purposes..
tra dont issue the artc automatically like the ostr from vetassess. you have to apply seperately for it.
sounds like the peer route loophole is about to be closed (ok its not really a loophole but how many people take advantage of SA's easy licensing route!).
logbooks and supervised working dont really appeal to me. did enough of that as an apprentice!
good luck to anyone else who is trying to get through on the existing system!

lee.

Don't say that mate!......

My exam isn't until the 29th/30th of Jan......Just keep that backdoor open a wee while longer! :-D

Good luck with your exam mate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.