ATRC Application Queries

Old Jun 9th 2011, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

minty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really nice
Default ATRC Application Queries

Hi all,

I have finally received my visa

Just filling out my TRA form to get my ATRC for an electrical mechanic (went down the vets route for the visa) and i have a few queries.

1. Can i send direct to TRA from the uk and say i am in the UK or do i have to post to someone in Aus and get them to send from there ?

2. If i get someone to post from Aus and then they want to interview me what happens then when they have to ring a UK number ?

3. Reading on the TRA/ARTC application form it says if you are outside the Uk they will send you a letter saying you have passed but hold onto your ATRC cert untill you get to Aus. If this is so will Peer take the letter as proof so you can book on to the wiring regs course so you can start the distance learning.

This is really confusing so if someone could point me in the right direction it would be really appreciated.
Old Jun 10th 2011, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

ericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really nice
Default Re: ATRC Application Queries

Originally Posted by minty01
Hi all,

Just filling out my TRA form to get my ATRC for an electrical mechanic (went down the vets route for the visa) and i have a few queries.

1. Can i send direct to TRA from the uk and say i am in the UK or do i have to post to someone in Aus and get them to send from there ?

2. If i get someone to post from Aus and then they want to interview me what happens then when they have to ring a UK number ?

3. Reading on the TRA/ARTC application form it says if you are outside the Uk they will send you a letter saying you have passed but hold onto your ATRC cert untill you get to Aus. If this is so will Peer take the letter as proof so you can book on to the wiring regs course so you can start the distance learning.

This is really confusing so if someone could point me in the right direction it would be really appreciated.
1) You send your ARTC application direct from where you are.
2) You can give an address of someone in AUS where they (TRA) can send your ARTC cert. to. Where they ask for the date you arrived in AUS, just give the expected future date you plan to move...
3) You can do Peer without an ARTC, but need the Peer cert and ARTC to apply for your SA license.

Regards
Erick
Old Jun 13th 2011, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

minty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really nice

Originally Posted by ericks
1) You send your ARTC application direct from where you are.
2) You can give an address of someone in AUS where they (TRA) can send your ARTC cert. to. Where they ask for the date you arrived in AUS, just give the expected future date you plan to move...
3) You can do Peer without an ARTC, but need the Peer cert and ARTC to apply for your SA license.

Regards
Erick

Thanks Ericks,

Anyone else applied for the ARTC from the UK ?
Old Jun 13th 2011, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all,

Also 1 more point,
It says supply proof of VISA.
This lets them know you have a skilled 176 visa (in my case). As they know this do you have to put down you did vets or not ?

Thanks guys.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 6:36 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

hi if you already have an ostr from vettesess why do you need to get an artc?
Old Jun 14th 2011, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steve`o
hi if you already have an ostr from vettesess why do you need to get an artc?
Hi Stevo, hoped you would pop up.

Visa was a long time coming mate with all of the rule changes and when i did the vets in 2009 was told once i got the visa the fastest way to get my SA A class was to do the ARTC once i got the visa and then i would just have to do the wiring regs course at PEER Adelaide so no gap training as you have to do with the OSTR.

Is this still the case ? or has the rules changed again ?

Cheers for your help Stevo
Old Jun 14th 2011, 7:29 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Stevo, hoped you would pop up.

Visa was a long time coming mate with all of the rule changes and when i did the vets in 2009 was told once i got the visa the fastest way to get my SA A class was to do the ARTC once i got the visa and then i would just have to do the wiring regs course at PEER Adelaide so no gap training as you have to do with the OSTR.

Is this still the case ? or has the rules changed again ?

Cheers for your help Stevo
do you intend living and working in south australia ?

ps SA dont do an "A" class licence thats only in Victoria
i think the SA one is called an electrical workers licence
Old Jun 14th 2011, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

do you intend living and working in south australia ?

ps SA dont do an "A" class licence thats only in Victoria
i think the SA one is called an electrical workers licence
Hi Stevo,
Yes we are moving to Adelaide in September this year
(as long as the house sells ok)

Am i still on the right track?, is the ARTC and then PEER still the quickest way?, or would i still have to do the gap training?
Old Jun 14th 2011, 8:27 pm
Worongary

Hi Stevo,
Yes we are moving to Adelaide in September this year
(as long as the house sells ok)

Am i still on the right track?, is the ARTC and then PEER still the quickest way?, or would i still have to do the gap training?
theres not much in it to be honest
peer will accept your ostr form vetts as proof your a sparkie ditto SA electrical licnecing why not do a sperate post on here asking whats required re peer and using an ostr

steve
Old Jun 14th 2011, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

theres not much in it to be honest
peer will accept your ostr form vetts as proof your a sparkie ditto SA electrical licnecing why not do a sperate post on here asking whats required re peer and using an ostr

steve
Cheers Stevo, started a new thread with this question.
Thanks for your help