British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Electricians (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/)
-   -   artc - what should i write? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/artc-what-should-i-write-731125/)

Ajay Kumar Apr 9th 2012 1:15 pm

Re: artc - what should i write?

Hello

dochisholm is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: artc - what should i write?
hi i am new to the forum and having some difficulty. aswell as my qualifications from college e.t.c i have a JIB card and Elecsa like nic from when i had my own company the issue being i have lost the jib card and elecsa certificate as these arent proper courses just membership organisations should i bother including them in my application or is a fully qualified spark up to 17th edition enough proof thanks for information

derren7 Oct 21st 2012 10:43 am

bump

irishspark Nov 19th 2012 9:30 pm

guys the info on here has been top notch and has really helped me fill out my artc application.I do have one question tho.I was hoping to have my artc processed before i go to oz and i have a address i can use to achieve this but how risky is this ?i have heard on plenty of people doing this but im just unsure any help would be great thanks
john

Jockstar Nov 20th 2012 6:02 am

Originally Posted by irishspark (Post 10391365)
guys the info on here has been top notch and has really helped me fill out my artc application.I do have one question tho.I was hoping to have my artc processed before i go to oz and i have a address i can use to achieve this but how risky is this ?i have heard on plenty of people doing this but im just unsure any help would be great thanks
john

You must be in the country now. It cant be processed when you are overseass. They check and you must prove you are here.

irishspark Nov 20th 2012 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Jockstar (Post 10391843)
You must be in the country now. It cant be processed when you are overseass. They check and you must prove you are here.

Dham ok I guess that will slow things down a bit do you know if I can apply for the peer course and get the work book posted out to the oz addres or even a irish address so I could start filling this in ?
Also I've read a few conflicting story's about changing licences from one state to another do you know if I get my Sa licience would I be able to change it to a Victoria licience ?

Jockstar Nov 22nd 2012 9:03 am

Originally Posted by irishspark (Post 10392072)
Dham ok I guess that will slow things down a bit do you know if I can apply for the peer course and get the work book posted out to the oz addres or even a irish address so I could start filling this in ?
Also I've read a few conflicting story's about changing licences from one state to another do you know if I get my Sa licience would I be able to change it to a Victoria licience ?

The PEER course shouldn't be a problem. I think they will post it overseass. But you may be better to get it posted to Oz address then forwarded. just to be safe. Changing a SA licence to Victoria. You're dreaming. Victoria is one of the hardest. NSW the easiest.

witman86 Dec 6th 2012 7:28 am

Hi All, thanks for all the information on here it has really show me how much more i needed to do before i send my application off.

My name is Jamie and i am sponsored on a 457 Visa in Victoria. My employer now wants me to move forward into getting my A Grade and as i understand it my City and Guilds Certs arnt enough by thierself. the only problem is i have not been employed by the same company as many others on here have and i have 4 years experience with 2 company, and then 3, 4 month jobs in which i doubt i will be able to get any reference from as the employer prob would not remember me as an apprentice 3/4 years ago.

I also believe the application process has changed as it is not asking me for a personal work statement, only employment work statements signed by my supervisor or employer??

Could anyone help me as i am getting so confused with all this paperwork??

Also does the ATRC only grant me a restricted electrical licence or if you supply enough evidence can you gain your full A Grade from it??

Any help would be greatly appriciated!!

steve`o Dec 6th 2012 7:49 am

Originally Posted by witman86 (Post 10418755)
Hi All, thanks for all the information on here it has really show me how much more i needed to do before i send my application off.

My name is Jamie and i am sponsored on a 457 Visa in Victoria. My employer now wants me to move forward into getting my A Grade and as i understand it my City and Guilds Certs arnt enough by thierself. the only problem is i have not been employed by the same company as many others on here have and i have 4 years experience with 2 company, and then 3, 4 month jobs in which i doubt i will be able to get any reference from as the employer prob would not remember me as an apprentice 3/4 years ago.

I also believe the application process has changed as it is not asking me for a personal work statement, only employment work statements signed by my supervisor or employer??

Could anyone help me as i am getting so confused with all this paperwork??

Also does the ATRC only grant me a restricted electrical licence or if you supply enough evidence can you gain your full A Grade from it??

Any help would be greatly appriciated!!

an artc isnt any kind of license mate its ab Australia recognized trade certificate, its just a way of proving that your a qualified sparkie

if you get an artc you can use that to apply for a license from the state you reside in
when you apply you will normally get a permit to train or whatever your states version of this is ( it changes state to state mate )
you work with your permit to train whilst working through your Australian wiring rules course again this differs from state to state
when you finish the course and are competent in au wiring regs you will normally be able to apply for a full license again the name of this differs state to state

your best bet is to search for info regarding the state you live in

regards steve

witman86 Dec 6th 2012 7:54 am

Originally Posted by steve`o (Post 10418781)
an artc isnt any kind of license mate its ab Australia recognized trade certificate, its just a way of proving that your a qualified sparkie

So when i get my ARTC can i show it to Energy safe victoria and maybe get my electrical licence?? there must be some use for the ARTC because at the min im only allowed to work as a "trade assistant"??

witman86 Dec 6th 2012 7:56 am

Originally Posted by steve`o (Post 10418781)

if you get an artc you can use that to apply for a license from the state you reside in
when you apply you will normally get a permit to train or whatever your states version of this is ( it changes state to state mate )
you work with your permit to train whilst working through your Australian wiring rules course again this differs from state to state
when you finsih the course and are competent in au wiring regs you will normally be able to apply for a full license again the name of this differs state to state

ahhh got ya, ok cheers mate!

steve`o Dec 6th 2012 7:58 am

Originally Posted by witman86 (Post 10418793)
ahhh got ya, ok cheers mate!

you were to quick mate i hadn't finished typing

best of luck

Steve

sidney86 Mar 26th 2013 9:25 pm

Hello to all!! I finally feel like im getting somewhere after reading this. I'm planning on going to oz in 2014 in April on a WHV, but will be looking to do two years there. (basicly so I can get my licence ) and if I like it try and migrate after.

I am correct that currently I have to do a ARTC application when I get there and then go to SA to take the oz wiring regs course with peer. And apply for a licence after that?

Does this then mean I don't have to do the year of shadowing someone?

I'm currently working at a hospital on a shift team doing maintenance, I've been here 3 years and previous to that I did a four and a half year advanced apprenticeship in electrical installation I have all the certificates (level 2 level 3 nvq3 am1 and am2) and am currently taking 2394&2395.

Thanks any help much appreciated

Simon

dochisholm Mar 26th 2013 9:39 pm

No one recognises peer anymore in relation to mutial recognition if your going to work in sa fine if not don't bother

sidney86 Mar 26th 2013 9:48 pm

Dam it! Thats a pain then so I might aswell go threw the otherway and get a OSTR and try and find a job as a TA untill I've got the years experience and do there's trades test. Thanks foe the reply

Jockstar Mar 27th 2013 6:09 am

Originally Posted by dochisholm (Post 10625528)
No one recognises peer anymore in relation to mutial recognition if your going to work in sa fine if not don't bother

Not true. NSW recognises it and the other states can be hit and miss.