artc - what should i write?

Old Mar 27th 2013, 10:35 am
Just Joined

witman86 is just really nicewitman86 is just really nicewitman86 is just really nicewitman86 is just really nicewitman86 is just really nicewitman86 is just really nicewitman86 is just really nicewitman86 is just really nice
Default Re: artc - what should i write?

HI Mate,

Just thought id do a update for you. I have been incontact with my recent employers from home and have got references from them as well as my electrical employers in Melbourne. I am currently sponsored as a Electrical Trade Assistant untill I complete mt ARTC. From what i can make out Energy safe Victoria will recognise my British C&G Qualifications but i will still have to sit my A Grade final exam to show knowledge of Aussie wiring Regs. I am prob going to do a 12 week refresher course because i doubt i would pass otherwise. It can vary from state to state but if you do pass a exam in SA i dont think ES Victoria will recognise it as a true qualification i would imagine the same goes for Qld as i believe thier licencing laws are very strict aswell.\

Il find out more when TRA gets back to me
Old Jun 25th 2013, 6:37 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
having recieved a couple of personal emails asking the above i thought it might be time to go over this one again,

and as i`m lazy i`ve just copy and pasted my last emailed reply

the basis for a good artc or tra application is in getting certain key componants of your work experiance across on paper,

for example i would recommend that any information forwarded should follow the tra`s own description of an australian skilled worked

taken straight from the tra`s own website

http://www.deewr.gov.au/Skills/Progr...Pages/faq.aspx

What are tradespeople in Australia expected to be capable of?

You must demonstrate that you are capable of doing the same range of work at the same level of skill as a tradesperson trained in Australia.

The work of a tradesperson includes:

reading work instructions and technical drawings common to the trade;
planning independently the method and order of doing a job;
using measuring instruments correctly;
marking out, laying out and setting up trade work;
selecting appropriate materials, tools, machines and equipment;
making appropriate settings on tools, machines and equipment;
performing trade work independently; and
checking and/or testing work against established standards.

You must also demonstrate that you have sufficient theoretical or underpinning knowledge of the trade.

you need to show each of the above points into your work experiance and into your employers references
have a read of my attached apprentice, work experiance and a reference from one of my ex employers to give you an idea of what i mean

you will see that i have mentioned each point in my own words the same applies in the reference letter
i wrote that myself on the understanding that my ex employer would put it on their own headed paper providing that they agree with what was written
employers dont usually go into so much detail with a reference so it made sense to do it this way

hope the above helps

regards steve
Old Jun 26th 2013, 12:58 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

The ARTC guidelines changed earlier this year, along with the application form and fee. I was given an example of the type of reference they were looking for and it ran to 5 pages, all written with minimal line spacing
Old Jun 26th 2013, 3:48 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

don you have a copy of the guidelines ?
Old Jun 26th 2013, 4:08 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
don you have a copy of the guidelines ?
I do - but I have OTSR so couldn't apply anyway
Old Dec 1st 2013, 11:45 am
Just Joined

Marvs is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello guys, I applied to artc for skill assessment as electrician but unfortunately I received an unsuccessful outcome, they want more details of my previous experience. please help me and kindly show me a copy of format that they send to artc when they apply the same skill assessment. thanks mate..
Old Dec 1st 2013, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Marvs
Hello guys, I applied to artc for skill assessment as electrician but unfortunately I received an unsuccessful outcome, they want more details of my previous experience. please help me and kindly show me a copy of format that they send to artc when they apply the same skill assessment. thanks mate..
Hi Marvs - can I ask where in the world you are?
Old Dec 1st 2013, 11:55 am
Just Joined

Marvs is an unknown quantity at this point

hello old.sparkles...Im here in western australia perth region.
Old Dec 1st 2013, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Marvs
hello old.sparkles...Im here in western australia perth region.
There are some companies that offer help with ARTC application - I can't vouch for them but can give you their name if you would like since they have a Perth office I believe.

There are some examples of peoples references on here that are older - the level of detail I was led to believe they are looking for is much more and the only example I have will not upload as an attachment - I can email it to you if you want.
Old Dec 5th 2013, 9:36 am
Just Joined

wateroz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
There are some companies that offer help with ARTC application - I can't vouch for them but can give you their name if you would like since they have a Perth office I believe.

There are some examples of peoples references on here that are older - the level of detail I was led to believe they are looking for is much more and the only example I have will not upload as an attachment - I can email it to you if you want.
May I ask if you can email to me please? I'm in NSW. Do they have an office here? I'm not confident that I can prepare an up to scratch docs by myself.

Thanks!
Old Dec 5th 2013, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by wateroz
May I ask if you can email to me please? I'm in NSW. Do they have an office here? I'm not confident that I can prepare an up to scratch docs by myself.

Thanks!
NSW licensing do not recognise an ARTC
Old Dec 5th 2013, 9:58 am
Just Joined

NSW licensing do not recognise an ARTC
I want to get the SA licence first, then transfer it to NSW
Old Dec 5th 2013, 10:07 am

I want to get the SA licence first, then transfer it to NSW
Hopefully this worked
Old Dec 5th 2013, 10:38 am
Just Joined

Hopefully this worked
Thanks a lot!
Where can I find those companies which can help with ARTC application? Pls PM me if you know one. Thanks!
Old Dec 5th 2013, 10:42 am

Thanks a lot!
Where can I find those companies which can help with ARTC application? Pls PM me if you know one. Thanks!
Done

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.