Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

ARTC for vetassess applicants. official answer.

ARTC for vetassess applicants. official answer.

Old Jun 9th 2009, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

leeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really nice
Default ARTC for vetassess applicants. official answer.

hi all.

thought id drop the TRA an email to clear up the question that many people are now asking. can i apply for an ARTC if i was assessed by vetassess?

i asked this very question and here is the answer:

Thank you for your enquiry to Trades Recognition Australia (TRA).

Your are eligible to apply for an ARTC in an electrical trade from the United Kingdom if you hold an Australian visa which allows work. This is the only restriction as TRA are no longer the assessing authority for electricians in the United Kingdom.

If you hold an Australian visa which allows work, you are eligible to make an ARTC application.

To be successful in this application, you must demonstrate skills, knowledge and work experience equivalent to an Australian apprenticeship trained tradesperson. If you have not completed formal trade training, such as a 4 year formally contracted apprenticeship, you must have relevant work experience of 6 years in the metals and engineering trades and 7 years in the electrical trades. The work experience must be performed by a tradesperson in the occupation being assessed.

so there you have it.
so long as you have your visa then you can still apply for an artc certificate even though you were originally assessed by vetassess.

this means the south australian (peer) route to licensing is also open to you.

hope this clears things up a bit.

lee.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 8:50 pm
mcv
Forum Regular

mcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nice
Default Re: ARTC for vetassess applicants. official answer.

hi,

Thats great news.thanks for clearing that up. peer seems the way forward now.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

jonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura about

Genius Lee, thanks for your time and effort!!

Time for some beer

Originally Posted by leeob77
hi all.

thought id drop the TRA an email to clear up the question that many people are now asking. can i apply for an ARTC if i was assessed by vetassess?

Your are eligible to apply for an ARTC in an electrical trade from the United Kingdom if you hold an Australian visa which allows work. This is the only restriction as TRA are no longer the assessing authority for electricians in the United Kingdom.

If you hold an Australian visa which allows work, you are eligible to make an ARTC application.

To be successful in this application, you must demonstrate skills, knowledge and work experience equivalent to an Australian apprenticeship trained tradesperson. If you have not completed formal trade training, such as a 4 year formally contracted apprenticeship, you must have relevant work experience of 6 years in the metals and engineering trades and 7 years in the electrical trades. The work experience must be performed by a tradesperson in the occupation being assessed.

so there you have it.
so long as you have your visa then you can still apply for an artc certificate even though you were originally assessed by vetassess.

lee.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 9:12 pm
Account Closed

jasonlec is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all.

so there you have it.

lee.
So, I reckon that the vetassess must count towards this ARTC due to all the info they required??
Top work there leeob77.
So erm, how do you get an ARTC, see another thread? Or should I just get in touch?
Nice one!
Old Jun 9th 2009, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

leeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really nice

unfortunately the vetassess process counts for zip with the artc. it just gets you the visa. you will have to fill in the form and supply all the evidence they require but at least there is no practical etc. just a fee of $300.
if you look here http://www.workplace.gov.au/TRA you can find the application form and some guidance. (option 2 at the top of the page - artc skills assessment)

lee.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 9:27 pm
Account Closed

jasonlec is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers buddy
Old Jun 10th 2009, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

Becky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to all

Mines hopefully going in today see my thread for updates.

I reckon once we've got 1 of us through everyone will feel more confident, never the less annoyed about the massive Vetassess fee.
But at least there will be light at the end of the tunnel.

EVERYONE PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU KEEP A 2ND COPY OF EVERYTHING YOU SENT TO VETASSESS YOU'LL NEED IT AGAIN!

Becky
Old Jun 12th 2009, 3:40 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

hi all.

so there you have it.

lee.
top post lee
Old Jun 14th 2009, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

jonny83 is on a distinguished road

i maybe a bearer of bad news, ive been told from someone at work and my TAFE tutor that you cant do the whole PEER route anymore to convert your open SA licence into another state licence, i came through the vetassess route, been here in Brisbane since last november, ive just finished a 6 month course at tafe (Basically suckin eggs), you may want to look in2 this but this is what ive been told, good luck
Old Jun 14th 2009, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Kevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to all

Hello All,

Re the above thread, there have been no amendments to the Queensland licencing Dept, their last update was 20 feb 2009. so i suspect it's idle chit chat again, if you remember it went around about 2-3 months ago.

Mind you if your right, i'd better get a move on

Regards

Kevin

Last edited by Kevin S; Jun 14th 2009 at 8:15 am.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Kevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to all

Hello All,

If someone who exchanged their licence from S.A to Queensland can tell me. when you applied did you apply for the fitter licence as well or just the mechanics.

Regards

Kevin
Old Jun 14th 2009, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

this has only come in in the last month, trust me there slow at updating things out here, people on my course who've gone throught the TRA and have an ARTC only have to do 1000 hr log boook (6 months) cos ive done Vetassess the ESO (i think thats the governin body) want me to do 2000 hr log book but my tutor is arguing the case 4 me cos ive had to do alot more and pay alot more than the other guys who've done the TRA, as i say the information i have been told is from my tutor who has meetings with the ESO and also from some1 who has physically rang PEER and been told by them.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 10:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

jonny83;

if you have done the Vatessess route you can still go to PEER but you must also do 160 hours Gap training on site also carry a log book for 12 months of on site work. also you shall need the white card, some states its green some red for CPR i think they are going to change it to white across Australia very soon
Old Jun 15th 2009, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

yeah so its just easier doin a standard 6 month wiring rules course at ur local tafe like ive done rather than goin through all that stuff you've just mentioned, my 1st thread was just 2 let people no that the PEER route has got harder as you've just mentioned, people stil think that if you've got an ARTC u can just nip 2 Adelaide n do the wiring rules course, get ur open SA licence n then convert it 2 whatever state u intend on living in, that isnt the case anymore, plus when i rang PEER up in December they told me that i cudnt just do the course with my Vetassess qualification i also needed an ARTC cos i had already paid them $900 when i was in England 4 the course work and then i was guna sit the exam when i got here but they sed i cudnt without the ARTC so they credited most of my money back, just tryin 2 help the people bak in England.
P.s the whole Gap training is goin 2 b quite difficult 4 alot of people cos most contracting companys wont take people on these days without a state licence as ive found out with the resetion, ive been workin 7 months building switch boards (been laid off 3 times this year 2) thats the only work i can find, once ive got a licence then more doors will open 4 me so prepare yourselves guys.
Sorry if all the info ive given u is all doom n gloom but thats what its like here at the moment, ive found out its more a case of who u know not what u know aswell, end of the day the only draw bak is gettin your licence, apart from that the whole lifestyle over here is much better than the UK, it is worth the big move over ;-)

Last edited by jonny83; Jun 15th 2009 at 5:56 am.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

jonny83;7665481

the only reason people are steered down the vatessess route is they don't provide enough evidence of work experience to be granted the ARTC.

meaning they are looking for applications that read like you have been constructing & installing a mix of contracting, commercial, domestic work by a massive use of different equipment mostly working with 230V & 415V installations, that's the only difference between ARTC & Vatessess.

i have spoken to both PEER & people at Canberra regarding this stage of a persons application & all agree its how the application is presented with experience & type of gear they have used over XX amount of years.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.