ARTC TRADE TEST

Old Dec 17th 2008, 11:33 pm
Just Joined

shrikrishan is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face ARTC TRADE TEST

HI ALL .I am recently migrated from india to australia as a general electrician.When i applied for ARTC to TRA ,they asked me to take a trade test. I need to know which kind of questions come in theory and what kind of practical they are going to give me.
Old Dec 18th 2008, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

Kevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to all
Default Re: ARTC TRADE TEST

Hello All,

If you read and understand the theory section pinned at the top of the forum, you should be ok, have a good look through the forum as well, many have already posted their experiences about the artc trade test.

Regards

Kevin
Old Dec 24th 2008, 1:07 am
Just Joined

iqba007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shrikrishan
HI ALL .I am recently migrated from india to australia as a general electrician.When i applied for ARTC to TRA ,they asked me to take a trade test. I need to know which kind of questions come in theory and what kind of practical they are going to give me.
Hi,
Shrikrish. I am iqbal from sydney. Same thing they also ask me take trade test. Where r u in Australia.
Old Dec 25th 2008, 5:49 am
Just Joined

hi iqbal . i m in brisbane now. can neone help me with the questions which comes in artc trade test n how many they are?

Last edited by Pollyana; Dec 25th 2008 at 1:57 pm. Reason: For privacy reasons please do not post your phone number/email address on the open forum
Old Dec 25th 2008, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

bujji_optics is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Krishna

I have attended for ARTC technical interview at MEL TRA last month, if you are confident about basics, it will do, main thing is that persons are very good at TRA, they will always try to pull you in a correct direction.Have you booked for PEER course, i will be at peer from 20JAN.

I wish you best of luck for your interview

Regards
Bujji

Last edited by Pollyana; Dec 25th 2008 at 1:58 pm. Reason: or privacy reasons please do not post your phone number/email address on the open forum
Old Dec 25th 2008, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

iqba007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bujji_optics
Hi, Krishna

I have attended for ARTC technical interview at MEL TRA last month, if you are confident about basics, it will do, main thing is that persons are very good at TRA, they will always try to pull you in a correct direction.Have you booked for PEER course, i will be at peer from 20JAN.

Regards
Bujji
Bujji,
What is peer course.How to get it?

Regards
A.Iqbal

Last edited by Pollyana; Dec 25th 2008 at 1:58 pm. Reason: or privacy reasons please do not post your phone number/email address on the open forum
Old Dec 26th 2008, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

bujji_optics is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Are you an overseas electrician migrated to Australia? if yes, you have to get ARTC first,after that if you want to work as an unrestricted worker you need to get A grade licence/Unrestricted workers License by completing theory and practical assesment with mechanic ARTC certificate, if you are issued an Fitter ARTC you need to work for one year as an restricted worker to apply for it.

option:2

You can apply for this license(irrespective of ARTC Classification) at OCBA SA if you complete AS/NZS3000:2007 wiring rules course from PEER SA, once you obtain it, you will be allowed to transfered it to any state in Australia under Mutual recognition between states.

Regards
bujji
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 11:44 pm
Just Joined

accccjr is just really niceaccccjr is just really niceaccccjr is just really niceaccccjr is just really niceaccccjr is just really niceaccccjr is just really niceaccccjr is just really niceaccccjr is just really nice

Hi, Krishna

Regards
Bujji

Hi Bujji,

I will also take my ARTC trade test this Feb 2009 but here in NSW as an Electrician. I work here as an electrician with a 457 visa and was assessed by TRA- not VETASSESS. You are talking about a technical interview, is it the same with a trade test? If yes, please could you give some details on what they gave you on the trade test?

Thank you..

Alex
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 11:53 pm
Just Joined

accccjr is just really niceaccccjr is just really niceaccccjr is just really niceaccccjr is just really niceaccccjr is just really niceaccccjr is just really niceaccccjr is just really niceaccccjr is just really nice

Originally Posted by iqba007
Hi,
Shrikrish. I am iqbal from sydney. Same thing they also ask me take trade test. Where r u in Australia.
Hi iqba007/shrikrishan,

Have you found answers on your enquiries? I am on a 457 visa as an electrician about to take my ARTC trade test here in NSW Feb 2009. Are you both in 457 visas and were assessed by TRA and not VETASSESS?

Anyone? pls help..
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 8:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Please note, this forum does not allow the posting of phone numbers and other personal details. This is the interests of the privacy of all posters.
If you wish to exchange such details please click on the name of the poster you wish to contact. THis will then take you to their porfile and from there you can exchange emails and private messages.

Thanks
Old Jan 8th 2009, 4:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by accccjr
Hi iqba007/shrikrishan,

Have you found answers on your enquiries? I am on a 457 visa as an electrician about to take my ARTC trade test here in NSW Feb 2009. Are you both in 457 visas and were assessed by TRA and not VETASSESS?

Anyone? pls help..
hi ..........i got no answers about trade test theory questions and practical exam. my test is in the end of this month in brisbane. i am also looking for help .....
Old Jan 8th 2009, 8:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shrikrishan
hi ..........i got no answers about trade test theory questions and practical exam. my test is in the end of this month in brisbane. i am also looking for help .....
Hi,

I also still don't have an idea up to this time. But I am assuming that ARTC has a standard set of tests worlwide for electrician licensing purposes, i.e. the same basic electrical principles and installation practices, which could be quite easy for a practicing electrician. Of course we still need to do some readings on those. I will do mine here in NSW first week of Feb.

Good luck! Please give us feedback when you finish. That would be a great help for the rest of us.

Alex
Old Feb 7th 2009, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

lbb_1974 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Are you an overseas electrician migrated to Australia? if yes, you have to get ARTC first,after that if you want to work as an unrestricted worker you need to get A grade licence/Unrestricted workers License by completing theory and practical assesment with mechanic ARTC certificate, if you are issued an Fitter ARTC you need to work for one year as an restricted worker to apply for it.

option:2

You can apply for this license(irrespective of ARTC Classification) at OCBA SA if you complete AS/NZS3000:2007 wiring rules course from PEER SA, once you obtain it, you will be allowed to transfered it to any state in Australia under Mutual recognition between states.

Regards
bujji
Hi Bujji,

I'm Lester from Brisbane .I just want to know if you have done all these?
Old Feb 8th 2009, 1:42 am
Just Joined

kdmehta5 is an unknown quantity at this point

i am also trade qualified electrician n came in brisbane b4 one week n also search for how to get licence so this thread is very good for us.thanks for that.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 1:31 am
Just Joined

sonuin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by accccjr
Hi,

I also still don't have an idea up to this time. But I am assuming that ARTC has a standard set of tests worlwide for electrician licensing purposes, i.e. the same basic electrical principles and installation practices, which could be quite easy for a practicing electrician. Of course we still need to do some readings on those. I will do mine here in NSW first week of Feb.

Good luck! Please give us feedback when you finish. That would be a great help for the rest of us.

Alex
Hi

Do you appear trade test? How is it? How is practical test?

Sonu

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.