ARTC/TRA/OTSR

Old Dec 8th 2010, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

stixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nice
Default ARTC/TRA/OTSR

Can anyone help with this question. Is it possible to apply for your ARTC through TRA even if you already hold an OTSR through Vetassess.

Thanks Stixblue
Old Dec 8th 2010, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

deanc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ARTC/TRA/OTSR

YES it is possible, just dont include the OTSR
Old Dec 8th 2010, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

stixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nice

Thanks Deanc
Old Dec 12th 2010, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

cjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nice

stixblue,

what is the advantage of this? I have an OSTR from vetessas
Old Dec 12th 2010, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cjgoodall
stixblue,

what is the advantage of this? I have an OSTR from vetessas
Hi there,
the advantage of having an ARTC is that you can attend the PEER wiring regs course in Adelaide and obtain a South Aus. licence without having to do any other gap training ie. on the job experience.
You can then transfer this licence to other state licences under 'mutual recognition', although, some feedback has suggested there may be a problem transferring this to a Queensland licence.
You can still attend the PEER course with an OTSR but you cannot obtain a S.A. licence with this combination.
However with an OTSR you can attend the 2 week 'Energy Safety' course in Perth and obtain a W.A. licence, although, again, some feedback has suggested there may be problems transferring to Queensland.
Hope this helps
Regards Derren
Old Dec 12th 2010, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

cjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nice

thanks for this Derren, I will wait to see how things pan out with people changing there's to QLD license
Old Dec 12th 2010, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of

thanks for this Derren, I will wait to see how things pan out with people changing there's to QLD license
Hi Chris,
If you are going to Queensland, as I am then check out this site www.qet.edu.au.
I am more than likely to use them myself when I eventually move out there.
When I wrote to Chris Williamson at QET he spoke of a 3 month time frame to obtaining a full A grade licence for ARTC holders (longer for holders of OTSR) although this is dependent on finding a job to get the required work experience in order to complete a log book.
Regards Derren
Old Dec 12th 2010, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Hello Lads

Had a look at Vetassess today regarding new applications through TRA. To me it looks as though as from now anyone applying through TRA has to contact Vetassess. Therefore gap training is unavoidable. Would love to be corrected though. Any further info?

Stixblue
Old Dec 12th 2010, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stixblue
Hello Lads

Had a look at Vetassess today regarding new applications through TRA. To me it looks as though as from now anyone applying through TRA has to contact Vetassess. Therefore gap training is unavoidable. Would love to be corrected though. Any further info?

Stixblue
Hi Stixblue ,
My own personal situation is that I am migrating on my wife's application as a nurse, therefore, once I have the visa I can apply directly to the TRA for an ARTC . VETASSESS is only for migration purposes and is not necessary for me as I am not the main applicant and do not need a skills assessment for migration purposes.
The same should apply to you once you have your PR visa and are considered as a resident of Australia. It is clearly stated on the TRA website that you can apply for an ARTC if you are a resident, permanent or temporary.
Also, if Queensland are rejecting transfer of SA licences then this is in contravention of the terms of mutual recognition, but who has the time and money to take them to court?
Regards Derren
Old Dec 12th 2010, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Derren

I have my meds next week so in the New Year hopefully I should be granted our 175. Did my trade test 2 year ago to gain my OTSR, so when I read Vetassess website and they have seemed to change the process I feel a bit peeved off. Where are u heading?

Stixblue
Old Dec 12th 2010, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Derren

I have my meds next week so in the New Year hopefully I should be granted our 175. Did my trade test 2 year ago to gain my OTSR, so when I read Vetassess website and they have seemed to change the process I feel a bit peeved off. Where are u heading?

Stixblue
Hi Stixblue,
We're heading to Brisbane. Don't know when though. Hopefully next year but realistically early 2012. The goal posts seem to keep moving all the time. No doubt by the time I'm ready to apply for my licence the rules would have changed again. What about you , where are you heading to?
Old Dec 12th 2010, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Derren

Plan to be in Adelaide next year, as you say the goal posts have been moved, just dont fancy gap training especially with a young family. Let you know how I get on with the license crack.
Old Dec 12th 2010, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Derren

Plan to be in Adelaide next year, as you say the goal posts have been moved, just dont fancy gap training especially with a young family. Let you know how I get on with the license crack.
Hi Stixblue,
Same position myself , young family and all. Would be great to hear how you get on. Good luck with it all.
Regards Derren
Old Dec 13th 2010, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

derren,

thanks for the link and good luck with the whole visa process, hopefully you wont have to wait as long as us as you OH is a nurse.

Yeah off to QLD, was planning on the sunshine coast but now looking at the gold coast just because of the amount of work there seems to be there compared to the sunshine coast.

what part of brissy you looking at?
Old Dec 13th 2010, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

derren,

thanks for the link and good luck with the whole visa process, hopefully you wont have to wait as long as us as you OH is a nurse.

Yeah off to QLD, was planning on the sunshine coast but now looking at the gold coast just because of the amount of work there seems to be there compared to the sunshine coast.

what part of brissy you looking at?
Hi Chris,
Before the recent changes my wife would have been priority processed and we could have had our visa within 6 months of lodgement to DIAC. As we have just lodged we've been told it will probably be 12-18 months because we are state sponsored and not employer sponsored. Hey ho.
We know people all over Oz but have chosen brissy because we know more people there than anywhere else. I've only spent a day there myself but have spent a lot of time in Perth and by all accounts it's not too dissimilar.
For some reason we feel drawn to the Ferny Grove/ Ferny Hills area which is about 11kms north west of the CBD but were keeping our options open.
Best of luck with your own plans. let us know how you get on.
Regards Derren